Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-17-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Which pad to use for Adam's Buttery wax

Just curious which pad I should use to apply the Adam's Buttery wax. I have a PC set that I got from them but also got the basic car wash kit and it included the buttery wax. Wanna do the wax but want to use the PC. I'll buy another separate one if needed. Also what do you guys use to get any polish or wax off of the textured plastic like on the grill or rear defuser? Tried the detail spray but comes back once it dries. TIA.

Mike
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Buttery Wax is meant to be applied by hand. It is not as "thick" as Super Machine Wax/Sealant. Use the pad similar to this one.

Regarding the wax on textured plastic; how long has it been there? Try using some All Puporse Cleaner with a toothbrush, then follow it up with VRT. The way I did it is to spray the APC on the toothbrush itself and srubbed away.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
Just curious which pad I should use to apply the Adam's Buttery wax. I have a PC set that I got from them but also got the basic car wash kit and it included the buttery wax. Wanna do the wax but want to use the PC. I'll buy another separate one if needed. Also what do you guys use to get any polish or wax off of the textured plastic like on the grill or rear defuser? Tried the detail spray but comes back once it dries. TIA.

Mike
By hand you'd use the yellow hex grip, but if you're going to apply by machine (which you can, nothing wrong with doing it this way) use the gray PC waxing pad.

For the residue on plastic, a little APC on a towel will do the job, just be sure to go back and dress it afterwards. If the plastic texture is really 'deep' then sometimes it might be more effective to use a toothbrush, with APC. Just scrub in a circular motion and the bristles will get down into the crevices.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #4
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Thanks for replying. I have the yellow applicator but I thought I'd save time by using the PC. The residue has been on the plastic for about a week so I'll give the APC and toothbrush a try. Thanks again.

Mike
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Of course i was thinking about Brilliant Glaze when I replied, but yes you'll want to use the yellow hex-grip applicator as Dylan mentioned above.

I still stand by my toothbrush/APC for the textured plastic parts.