Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #99
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Sorry to hear about all this. But must say i learn something by all these post.. what im gonna do if i ever take my car anywhere is take a picture of my mileage with my phone in the pic so u can see the time and date with the mileage. then i would have proof if the ever happens to me. hope they do something to kiss ur a$$ a bit. I dont even know what id ask for to make this situation right.
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #100
champ22

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
Yes, I realize it is a forum. I am just pointing out that a lot of peopel are getting worked up into a lather over something like this. And actually, I trust my dealer to do what is necessary to fix my care and maintain it the way I want. So if they took it out and put 67 miles on it. I would not have a problem with that.

It is a matter of trust. That is why I was very careful about the dealer with whom I did business in the first place.

Either way, I would encourage the OP to deal directly with the dealer. Muc like everyone else here, I have an opinion. I am not attacking people, but taking a somewat more tempered approach top the situation. We have gotten to a socialogocal point in this country where we seem to want to overreact to everything. Again, just my opinion.

What i get worked up about is greed, crime, murder, people suffering because of the economy. In light of those kinds of problems, this is relatively minor.

I am sure that there will be a positive result in this kind of situation if cooler heads prevail.

In reality, a crime has occurred. It's called UUMV "unauthorized use of a motor vehicle". Basically the dealership used the vehicle beyond the scope of what it was intended to be used for. However proving this will be difficult because the dealership could claim several reasons on why the put the miles on the car, and 67 miles is not 300. You definitely need to get some compensation for this because it is wrong.
champ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #101
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #102
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Yes, I realize it is a forum. I am just pointing out that a lot of peopel are getting worked up into a lather over something like this. And actually, I trust my dealer to do what is necessary to fix my care and maintain it the way I want. So if they took it out and put 67 miles on it. I would not have a problem with that.

It is a matter of trust. That is why I was very careful about the dealer with whom I did business in the first place.

Either way, I would encourage the OP to deal directly with the dealer. Muc like everyone else here, I have an opinion. I am not attacking people, but taking a somewat more tempered approach top the situation. We have gotten to a socialogocal point in this country where we seem to want to overreact to everything. Again, just my opinion.

What i get worked up about is greed, crime, murder, people suffering because of the economy. In light of those kinds of problems, this is relatively minor.

I am sure that there will be a positive result in this kind of situation if cooler heads prevail.
I would say that your pretty naive then. I've been dealing with the same dealer for a very long time and I get tell you one thing, if they had to take my car out for a long 67mile road trip they would have called me first to ask and to explain why. This is what trust is all about. Putting that kind of mileage on a car to find a problem is very abnormal and should have been worked out with the op prior to them just doing what they wanted. I have an example. I had a with a truck one time that they just couldn't find because it wouldn't do it when they had it. So we worked it out that I let their tech drive to and from work and told them to keep it until it did it for them. This type of thing is what should have happen instead of just taking is upon themselves to drive that far.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #103
stryder09
Nerd.

Drives: 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8
I'd be spitting nails mad at this...

What would have happened if the car was damaged in that 67 mile frame?
stryder09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:44 AM   #104
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
This is why I have never left my car unattended for anything. I make an appointment & let them know I will wait & watch. If they won't let me, I go elsewhere. Sure, some day It may need overnight work. I will be hypervigilant if that ever has to happen. They will know that I know every detail of my car & have pics & documentation to proove it. I will use only a very highly reputable place that I trust. If they break my trust I will deal with them very firmly. If they don't make it right, I will make what happened very public. It is all about respect, customer service & earning trust. OP did you contact the Chevy customer service Dept like Jeff Morris suggested? Might be a good idea.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #105
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Exactly what kind of work requires 67 miles of driving?

I'd raise hell, loudly, and in as many different ways as possible (BBB, dealer owner, etc)
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #106
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
kinda makes you wander what they did while driving your car.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #107
Cbrenthus

Drives: 2011 VR 1SS
Quote:

I hate people that always have to point out that there are worse problems in the world than those you face. If you want to go that route, when looking at starving children in Africa, or radioactive tsunami victims, or whatever, then people suffering from the economy is not a big deal. The fact is that there are always people with worse problems then you face, that doesn't mean that your problems are trivial.

Everybody, quick, stop complaining about door dings, paint quality, gas mileage and prices, etc.. There are starving people in Africa you whiny babies!
Cbrenthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #108
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
kinda makes you wander what they did while driving your car.
I finally figured out a use for what I had previously considered a useless feature. You know that little alarm you can set for when you exceed a certain speed? Put that on 70. Won't stop them from doing whatever, but you know it would freak 'em out!
Old 04-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #109
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
And so it is. Differences of opinion are just what they are. We all come from different walks of life, we have differing views and we have expressed our opinions in a civil manner.

Mine is from a life's journey perpective as are those of the others here.

Overall, good discussion, and no malice is intended. Just sharing my views as have others here!

Bottomline, I Love my Rosie even at $4.00 plus per gallon!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #110
Yahtzee

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Same thing happened to me. I had my bumper touched up in november and i left my Trip 2 with miles on it for miles per tank. I looked at the mileage when i picked it up... they put on 37 miles..... and reset BOTH of my trips..... i was so pissed. not the fact that they drove it... but the fact that someone else drove MY car without seeking approval or giving me any indication. Almost like they tried to cover it up.

I just went back today to get my Blue screen of death replaced, and by just that trip i am almost positive i know who put the miles on... the squirrly guy who drives them out of the service tunnel to the lot.

I can feel for you!

I did complain though, i got a few oil changes out of it.
Yahtzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #111
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
67 miles is totally uncalled for when you just need them to take it to the paint shop. 6.7 miles MAYBE. But 67?....no friggin' way they can explain that to me with any reason.

It's not just the fact that more than a few unaccounted miles were put on the car. It was the point that someone you should be able to trust ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN without proper permissions while the car was under their "watchful eye" of the dealership. With responsibility comes accountability. And no matter who did it, the dealership ultimately holds the keys to the accountability.

If you don't get any resolve, PLEASE post up which dealership (by name) caused this. Accountability starts with people knowing who to keep an eye on.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #112
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
YouseeSS, have you contacted our Customer Assistance team yet in relation to this issue? Thank you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
I like it when the GM rep pops in, hopefully that means that things will get sorted out. As well they should, my new dealer is pretty good so far, but the other 3 in my area are an embarrassment to Chevrolet and GM. I always wonder why (especially after all the bankruptcy stuff) GM continues to allow assholes like these dealers represent them?
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote