Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-03-2009, 12:39 AM   #29
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
Yes they are doing a supercharger for the Camaro.
I know this because they are using my car for the R&D.
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #30
SCREWED

Drives: MZ DAIZY!!
Congrats gotpball44!! Let us all know how that turns out!! Ninjak, I think the blower is a little less than what you quoted.
SCREWED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #31
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Hmm maybe..I'll find it on the Stang forums.
Here is one..

Quote:
This is from the break into May sale. TECHCO SUPERCHARGER RETAILS $7500.00
-INSTALLATION OF SUPERCHARGER
-DYNO BEFORE
-DYNO AFTER
-DIABLO TUNE
-VIDEO/PICS OF BUILD
INSTALLATIONS SAVINGS $1250.00 PLUS DYNO TIME
Ahh I found one of the installers on this. Think this is when it was introduced.

Tillman's Speed shop.
Quote:
For those of you who are interested in the new Techco superchargers, we thought we'd post some interesting videos. Keep in mind we're taking preorders right now at the intro pricing of $6995! After the first 100 kits, these systems will go back up to the retail price of $7495! Call Tillman Speed today to get in line!
So 7500 basically. So yeah I was a bit off.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #32
SCREWED

Drives: MZ DAIZY!!
No worries ninjak. . . that looks about what I saw. I think that price is for Mopar/Mustang. LS3 kit may be different??
SCREWED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:44 AM   #33
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Perhaps. Depends though I guess. Where the GM parts come in and how much they will cost.

In truth, that break into may sale was pretty nice. 7500 for the install and tune...not bad at all really.

I have a Supershaker because I was using a CDC hood before. But heh luv my Supershaker..I always like the concept of a functional hood scoop.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:07 PM   #34
Tillman Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaros
Send a message via AIM to Tillman Speed
Hello! Out of respect for the forums, I will only post once and then look into vendor sponsorship, or duck out!

I just saw this and wanted to clarify. The price of the Camaro system should be very similar to the Ford and Dodge pricing that is out now. The final price has not been released but I think they were shooting in the ballpark of hopefully 7500 dollars for the system plus installation and tuning.

For those of you who don't know us, we're very big in the EFI world. We do a ton of Mustangs, Shelby GT500s, Lightnings, Cobras and have also started to break into the world of Challengers, Chargers, etc.

We have recently ventured into the GM side with G8 GT, GTO and numerous Z06's both installs and tuning coming through our shop and on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC. We will be very happy to add the 2010 Camaro platform to our supported vehicles!

If anyone has absolutely any questions about the TECHCO line of products for the 2010 Camaro, please feel free to give us a shout and we will update you at any point!

TECHCO's units are modular and very easy to redesign for multiple applications. What does this mean for you? It will not take years for them to get this into production! They are working on the Jeep SRT8 right now, and then they roll out the Camaro/Corvette chargers! They use front FEAD drive's that have absolutely zero belt slip issues! They have supercharger snout braces, and are made of T6061 billet aluminum and 8 rib. Everything that you purchase from TECHCO will be made in house, even the screws! And the whine... oh they whine!!!

We offer full turn-key solutions from start to finish and have the ability to dyno your car when it rolls in the shop, and just before it leaves! This way you can see exactly how much your trip to Tillman Speed Inc. was worth!

Thanks again! And moderators, have no fear... this will be my last post until I find out sponsorship options! Good day!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed Inc.
www.shoptillman.com

Last edited by Tillman Speed; 06-05-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Tillman Speed is offline   Reply With Quote