Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 07-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #43
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
I've owned three 5th gen Camaro convertibles. A 2011 2SS automatic, a 2012 2SS manual, and 2013 ZL1 manual.

No top issues with any of them. Oil changes and applicable TSBs have been the only servicing they've needed. All three have been great cars to own and so much fun to drive.
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #44
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Drives: 11 2SSRS Vert, 11 CBR250
i have a 2011 vert and to tell you the truth i am completely in love with the car. Although I have had NUMEROUS problems... 15 to 20 times in the shop in less than 11000 miles.. its been so many i cant remember how many times... i wouldnt get another car. It is my summer weekend car so with 15 trips to the dealership in the 12 months i actually driven it is ridiculous. ive had the 5th bow fixed many times, both sides closest to the back seat windows have come undone, a brand new top, top too loose, top disconnecting, and now the water bag completely dislocated... the key is to have a dealership who knows what they are doing. I finally brought it to a different dealership and i am so happy to hear that are doing a thurough check on everything! so hopefully i am done with dealership trips! warrenty is up in march!! :'(
Old 07-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #45
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Drives: 11 2SSRS Vert, 11 CBR250
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaphappy View Post
The tonneau cover is annoying to put on. I've never used it on the road. Just put it on once at a wedding. It looked nice and all, but it's annoying to get on there. I drive around with my top "flapping" in the wind. Maybe it does cause wear marks, but doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I think most drivers avoid the tonneau cover

haha cuz if it rains you are in a heap load of trouble getting it off and trying to get it to fit in the already too small trunk!!
Old 07-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #46
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angella View Post
haha cuz if it rains you are in a heap load of trouble getting it off and trying to get it to fit in the already too small trunk!!
I keep mine stored in the trunk when not in use. It fits just fine with plenty of room to spare. Plus if you are in a big hurry you can toss it in the back seat until you get a chance to put it in the trunk. Anyway if you can't tell when it's about to rain maybe you shouldn't drive a convertible anyway.
I timed myself this morning, it took me one minute to put mine on and a minute and a half to take it off, put it in the bag and put it in the trunk. If you have two people it takes even less time.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #47
RolltideSS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I have a 2011 vert - it's on it's third top now and the second since I bought it. That said the new top is looking great after 3 months where the last one had wear marks and the holes starting after 3 weeks. I would say the new tops look to be a big improvement. I smile like an idiot every time I walk up to my car so it is safe to say I regret nothing
RolltideSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #48
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
For any of you who wonder why these folks get $12hr to surf the web, half NOT GM/work driven, the other, well, here's what it is.

Very inspiring there William R., you are a tribute to nothing, as you bring nothing to the table.

But thanks anyways.
tonyko1,

Sorry you feel that way, but it's great to help people on this forum when necessary or contacted. My assistance extends to you as well, so if you ever experience any vehicle or dealer concerns, feel free to private message me and I'll see how I can help you out.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #49
TopL3ssSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Coupes can have water problems too....
Incredible. This was the result of a storm that blew thru town the other night & dropped 4 inches of rain in 2 hours. Heard there was a Camaro flooded out back in our neighborhood, with water halfway of the door... Didn't realize it made it to the roof. After the water went down, we drove thru looking at storm damage and saw the sad sight, sitting in the middle of the road, with evidence of water having been over the hood.

BTW, OP, I have an '11 convertible as well, and love it. No issues, though I do admit babying the top. in addition to using the tonneau cover every time the top is down, I use a large piece of felt to protect the top's edges from rubbing against the tonneau. No rub marks at all.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #50
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
I've owned three 5th gen Camaro convertibles. A 2011 2SS automatic, a 2012 2SS manual, and 2013 ZL1 manual.

No top issues with any of them. Oil changes and applicable TSBs have been the only servicing they've needed. All three have been great cars to own and so much fun to drive.
Great looking cars, you aren't partial to red are you?
Old 07-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #51
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopL3ssSS View Post
Incredible. This was the result of a storm that blew thru town the other night & dropped 4 inches of rain in 2 hours. Heard there was a Camaro flooded out back in our neighborhood, with water halfway of the door... Didn't realize it made it to the roof. After the water went down, we drove thru looking at storm damage and saw the sad sight, sitting in the middle of the road, with evidence of water having been over the hood.

BTW, OP, I have an '11 convertible as well, and love it. No issues, though I do admit babying the top. in addition to using the tonneau cover every time the top is down, I use a large piece of felt to protect the top's edges from rubbing against the tonneau. No rub marks at all.
Yeah a very sad sight indeed. We have had so much rain, I wanted to put mine in the Fun Fest car show yesterday but with all the rain I didn't have time to clean it up and then we had a downpour yesterday morning so I gave up trying.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #52
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Great looking cars, you aren't partial to red are you?
Sure looks that way. I did specifically look for red with the first one. For the other two it just happened to be the color of the model I was looking for at the time of trade.

Last edited by hawk02; 07-21-2013 at 11:18 PM.
hawk02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #53
Bpw72

Drives: 2011 camaro ss convertible 2ss/rs
Loving mine. I did have the top replaced this year under warranty. There is a rattle that it will go in for when I'm not dropping the top every day so I don't lose any enjoyment of it if they keep it for a week again. The cover is quite easy to put on once you figure out a good system of doing it. I used to have to go back and forth from one side to the other to get it all tucked and clipped in but can do it by going to each side once now. You can't beat the enjoyment of a convertible!
Bpw72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #54
IncrediblyX

Drives: Red
Zero issues here. I keep mine parked in a garage and take it out on sunny days, which is almost everyday in southern CA. Top has been up and down hundreds and hundreds of times. My only complaint is that the top doesn't go up or down while your car is in motion when you absolutely need it. Another things is that you have to talk a little louder when you sync your Bluetooth phone while making or receiving phone calls while the top is down. Other than that, the ride is exhilarating!
IncrediblyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #55
Bpw72

Drives: 2011 camaro ss convertible 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediblyX View Post
Zero issues here. I keep mine parked in a garage and take it out on sunny days, which is almost everyday in southern CA. Top has been up and down hundreds and hundreds of times. My only complaint is that the top doesn't go up or down while your car is in motion when you absolutely need it. Another things is that you have to talk a little louder when you sync your Bluetooth phone while making or receiving phone calls while the top is down. Other than that, the ride is exhilarating!
I was actually surprised at how well the Bluetooth works with the top down. I thought I'd have to pull over for the person on the other end to hear me but I haven't had any issues even at 75+mph.
Bpw72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #56
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
Traded my wife's 2010 Coupe for a 13 ZL1 Vert. We don't drive it everyday but we absolutely love the car and have no regrets.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374715703.484647.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  89.5 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 ZL1 #213 M6 Black on Black
2013 ZL1 #2638 Convertible Auto
2010 Chevrolet Suburban
2011 GMC Seirra HD Denali
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote