Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:57 AM   #29
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by lori View Post
I sat in the Camaro 5 times at the Jacksonville auto show. I can't wait for my car!!!!
Just thought I'd point that out
Old 02-26-2009, 08:18 AM   #30
Camar0wn3d
formerly "wh0rsep0wer"

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
Thank you for putting this item to bed, Scotty.

My prediction for the next ABL thread: "When is GM going to put ABL in the dash?!?!11" or, "Are you going to cancel your order if GM doesn't put ABL in the dash?"

I hope I'm wrong.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:26 AM   #31
BigTrap1967

Drives: 1969 396SS yellow w/ black str
My question is if i ordered my car a 2ss\rs with the interior package was the abl included in the price?If so now that it is standard on the 2ss will there be a discount?
Old 02-26-2009, 08:26 AM   #32
GOLDDOG

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS & 08 JSB Corvette
No big deal, I do a majority of my driving during the day.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:27 AM   #33
lupo271

Drives: 2010 sim/rs camaro
mucho carcias Scotty!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #34
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
I sure am glad that te ABL thing doesn't matter in my situation. I know alot of people were looking forward to the ABL in full, and to some this may be a deal breaker, I certainly hope not though. I think the Camaro is still a Camaro without it, and it was never among the list of reasons I am purcahsing this car, I hope most people don't make there decision on the ABL alone, I think that would be something they would regret doing in the long run, besides I am sure that aftermarket will be able to complete the ABL setup.
To all who are set in
their ways about this ABL, just remember it is a bunch of fancy lights, doesn't impact what Camaro is all about. If you never knew about ABL I bet you still would have ordered. The Camaro rocks with or without ABL. Thanks for the info Scotty! It should calm alot of the anxiety!

Old 02-26-2009, 08:34 AM   #35
diddiyo

Drives: .
i hope somebody rips out the stupid ambient lighting and uses it a new episode of "will it blend" where it will fit right it with all the other overhyped stuff they blend.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:38 AM   #36
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
If that's the final configuration, then it must not look bad at all. Like Scott said, if it didn't look right, it wasn't gonna happen. Therefore, it looks right, just like the rest of the car. Can't wait to see it.

Amen to that! I'm sure it'll look great and those who don't love it will grow to love it... I'm having faith in the words that Fbodfather said.

Thanks for the update Scotty! You always get answers, and we love ya for it!!

Now, who's gonna be the first to report from Cleveland????
Old 02-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #37
DDustiNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalizer43 View Post
Amen to that! I'm sure it'll look great and those who don't love it will grow to love it... I'm having faith in the words that Fbodfather said.

Thanks for the update Scotty! You always get answers, and we love ya for it!!

Now, who's gonna be the first to report from Cleveland????
What's left to report? That was the FINAL WORD.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #38
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
What's left to report? That was the FINAL WORD.
Well, I think we all want to see what it looks like. Who's going to Cleveland?!?!

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Old 02-26-2009, 08:47 AM   #39
DDustiNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Well, I think we all want to see what it looks like. Who's going to Cleveland?!?!
I'd like to see it too. It just gave me the impression that some people are still in denial... apologies if I misunderstood
Old 02-26-2009, 09:10 AM   #40
Redwolf20

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTrap1967 View Post
My question is if i ordered my car a 2ss\rs with the interior package was the abl included in the price?If so now that it is standard on the 2ss will there be a discount?
The 2SS was always getting the ambient lighting. There is no interior package. RS package is external only.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:16 AM   #41
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
thanks for clearing that up. When is the Cleavland show?

Those who go, ask: "will it eventually make it into the dash later on in production?"
Old 02-26-2009, 09:20 AM   #42
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Could I get a cup of coffee too? This 24hr "Sharin' the Camaro love" takes a toll sometimes....
GO TO BED! j/k

Thanks for the heads-up. I think this will help settle many people's worries about what's going to happen regarding ABL (I'm sorry - just following the acronym trend ). This may not be the news those people will want to read and there may be many disappointed (I am, for the record), but it's better that we get it somewhere, and working correctly, rather than the whole deal, and working poorly. In all honesty, I've wondered how much of a distraction the whole dash would've been (i.e. at night, when the interior is glowing - would it have been too bright to see outside of the car because of glare from the ABL). The ambient lighting that my wifey's Jetta has comes from two LEDs, right above the shifter that point light right onto that small area, and it doesn't create glare on the inside of the windshield and fornt door glasses, but they LEDs are really focused, not just out there. Given - it doesn't look nearly as good as the rendering many of us fell in love with, but maybe this isn't too bad of a thing.

Anyways, JMVHO, and at least it wasn't a total loss. I hope people can keep that in mind. Maybe some encouragement for GM to try to finish across the dash is in order

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
I'd like to see it too. It just gave me the impression that some people are still in denial... apologies if I misunderstood
I'm still interested to see what it looks like too.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs

Closed Thread