Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #29
Andymon

Drives: TwinTurbo 2012 IOM Camaro 2SS
HAHA
Andymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #30
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Ah.....er....eh.... but ...... DOH!!!!

For now......

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #31
Andymon

Aww give him a break...it's his birthday!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:40 PM   #32
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
It's Rob's Birthday?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROB!!!!!!!

Besides, it just some friendly $hit. He knows it. Once you join our ranks you will be eligible for it too, lol. The good times we have at the track spills over onto the boards. It is addictive as hell my friend.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #33
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
it is true, i am officially not 40 anymore, lol
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #34
L99spec

Drives: 2012
Sway bars are the best things you can change, so start there. After that, you can address wheel hop
L99spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #35
L99spec

Drives: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andymon View Post
Thanks Tbone. Yes I have ready "the book" on suspension. My main question right now is are coilover worth the cost on a street only car that seems to only do spirited runs from time to time.
no. Just do sways. Thats all I'm planning on doing for mine. Good tires and sway bars will do wonders for handling. For wheel hop, all you really need to look at is the bushings. Wheel hop is created by the wheel moving foward which changes the alignment and then the grip. All you need are stiff bushings and sways for what you are doing.
L99spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #36
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
L99, i think he's looking for info from people that have done the upgrades already.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #37
Andymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
L99, i think he's looking for info from people that have done the upgrades already.
Yes. kind of wanting to see what people experienced after the mods.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #38
Fast6.3

Drives: 2016 2SS coupe 2015 3LT Stingray
I did pfadt ZL1 sways trailing arms toe rods Pedders radius bushing inserts and cradle bushing inserts and pfadt agressive street alignment. Its night and day. Of all the mods Ive done I think those are best well after power upgrades. But seriously the car handles super dont track the car just street spirited driving Took it to the drags car takes off smoothly no hop just squats and takesoff hope that helps
Old 08-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #39
Andymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast6.3 View Post
I did pfadt ZL1 sways trailing arms toe rods Pedders radius bushing inserts and cradle bushing inserts and pfadt agressive street alignment. Its night and day. Of all the mods Ive done I think those are best well after power upgrades. But seriously the car handles super dont track the car just street spirited driving Took it to the drags car takes off smoothly no hop just squats and takesoff hope that helps
Any change in ride quality or harshness over bumps?
Old 08-26-2013, 05:42 AM   #40
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
I have the Hotchkis 1" springs, Pfadt ZLspec sways and Pedders poly subframe bushings. The ride quality is stiffer and more harsh over undulations and uneven surfaces. The ride quality on smooth or level highway is not much different than stock. The handling is great and there is no wheel hop, although, I am only at about 430hp. I had the Hotchkis springs only before adding the sways and bushings and the ride was very good. You may want to start out with springs and poly subframe bushings before going to large sways. Do not go with solid bushings for the street and you do not need coilovers for your needs unless you want to spend the extra money. The set up I have is more than enough for the street, spirted canyon carving and hard launches. The P-zilch tires are now the limiting factor.

Last edited by SS PANTHER; 08-26-2013 at 05:58 PM. Reason: .
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:33 AM   #41
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andymon View Post
Any change in ride quality or harshness over bumps?
Sways and bushings wont really add any harshness, thats all in spring rates and shock damping. There was zero difference with mine. Unless you're going uneven over a speed bump you wouldn't notice stiff sways.

I have my double adjustables 100% on track settings because I'm a glutton for punishment and get free dental when my fillings get shaken out.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #42
Andymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Sways and bushings wont really add any harshness, thats all in spring rates and shock damping. There was zero difference with mine. Unless you're going uneven over a speed bump you wouldn't notice stiff sways.

I have my double adjustables 100% on track settings because I'm a glutton for punishment and get free dental when my fillings get shaken out.
What setup do you have?