Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-22-2014, 10:19 AM   #29
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Interesting.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:59 AM   #30
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
7300 is about what it would cost to ship. maybe I will rent a Ferrari.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:25 AM   #31
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
"Don't feed the troll"
I'm calling bullshit! One would rent one if wanting to drive one on a vacation! ...... "And that's all I got to say about that"! I'm outta here!
Old 04-22-2014, 11:57 AM   #32
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Maybe I will downgrade and rent a v6 Camaro while I am there.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:57 AM   #33
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Yep time for this thread to stop coming back up...
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #34
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
Dont use this company.

Mods: LSA Supercharger, 2.55 Pulley, Custom Boost Cam, ARH LTH 1 7/8, HFC, 3' Magnaflow Exhaust, JLT CAI, Elite CC V2, BO White Stage 2 TB, GM 3.91 Gears, DSS CF Driveshaft, BMR Bushing Kit.... . Tuned by JTM Motorsports 540 Hp 550Tq on 9PSI

Axles, Monster Clutch, Hotchkis TVS Track Pack kit.......For 2018.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:36 AM   #35
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
Love the idea of taking your Camaro along with you on vacation to Japan. Even moving product temporarily between counties can be involved and time consuming dealing with customs.

I was raised in a US Air Force family, we moved frequently. Besides many states, we also imported & exported our furniture & cars to Japan, Germany, and believe it or not Hawaii was not easy. Frequently our stuff was held up at local customs for up to a month.

2000, moved to Qatar, took me a month to clear my stuff from local customs. Had to get US Embassy involved to get my stuff released from Qatar customs. Moved back to the US in 2002, took me two weeks to clear my stuff from US customs. Moved to Canada 2003, took me three weeks to clear my stuff through Canadian customs.

Thank it is wonderful you want to take your Camaro on your travels. From my decades of going back and forth to different countries with my "stuff" I can only assure you that stuff gets held at customs and you have no control. Suggest not worth the hassle if you are only going for vacation. Auto might get held up in customs for entire time you are in Japan, then you have to deal with getting it back to the US.

Heck, my stuff was held in Qatar customs because I had 4 bottles of Excedrin PM in my import stuff. Had to be interviewed as to why I needed an over the counter sleep aid! This held up my delivery of clothing, etc. for close to a month.

My family and myself have moved autos and personal stuff around the world. Importing / exporting autos a walk in the park vs moving pets between countries and not having them quarantined, held hostage for 30-60 days. My cats have visited more countries than most people and they were never held in customs quarantine in any country. But I seriously had to call in some favors, and at times pay off some third world customs officials to move my cats from one country to another.

Enjoy trip to Japan, you can get together with others without your Camaro.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote