Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Talking Dealership Called!.......Heritage Grill is In!

Finally after a month of waiting and a miscommunication with the salesman, my heritage grilll is in and on Saturday morning it is getting installed!
When we were doing the deal when I bought the car we agreed to have a heritage grill thrown in on the deal, well.....they took it literally, a plain unpainted grill showed up two weeks ago and they called me to come in and pick it up, man I was pissed!, I called the sales manager and the salesman and informed them that the original deal (even though it wasn't in writing) was that I was to get an IBM painted grill INSTALLED by them. They told me that it would cost a couple hundred out of my pocket if I wanted that. I talked to the Salesman again and reminded him about how my wife was there and heard every word we said and agreed on AND shook hands on the deal, he admitted that that is what happened and that he is going to honor the deal (needdless to say- I havent filled out the customer survey yet, and if I dont give a "completely satisfied" in every category then I guess it is some serious consequences for them, so I had THAT in my corner for leverage)
So I ended up waiting another ten days for them to order another one, while it is in I am getting them to top off the tank, change the oil and repair that piece of crap dome light that hasn't worked since I bought it.
I will post pics of it when it is done, even though I am sure you all have seen the heritage grill in these cars by now.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
stso634

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I love my Heritage grille.

Congratulations on making them honor their deal.
Attached Images

stso634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Deals a deal ! They need to make it right. Post the pix, always great to see people's mods. Makes me feel better when I spend money on mods.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Dealerships hate me while I'm buying a car. I bargain for everything I can get from them and sometimes they're a little POed, but I don't care....it's my money until we sign the deal.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
Dealerships hate me while I'm buying a car. I bargain for everything I can get from them and sometimes they're a little POed, but I don't care....it's my money until we sign the deal.
That's how I play it lol.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
Hendu

Drives: 2SS 45th Anniv LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post
(needdless to say- I havent filled out the customer survey yet, and if I dont give a "completely satisfied" in every category then I guess it is some serious consequences for them, so I had THAT in my corner for leverage)
I reminded my salesman that he had me make a 3 hour each way drive for a car that he didn't really have on the lot (among other things), and that he should throw in a free install of my grille (which I already purchased, just wanted a free install). He didn't, so I was honest on my survey. I am not saying I was responsible...but a few weeks later he was no longer there...so I am guessing multiple people have problems.

Those guys are crazy and will tell you upfront to not even answer it if you don't put completely satisfied.

Mods:
Hurst short throw shifter,Heritage Grille, CAI Inc. cai, Window tint, skip shift eliminator, footwell lighting

To-Do List:
New Exhaust (or muffler delete)
P13w's
and More TBD
Hendu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
I reminded my salesman that he had me make a 3 hour each way drive for a car that he didn't really have on the lot (among other things), and that he should throw in a free install of my grille (which I already purchased, just wanted a free install). He didn't, so I was honest on my survey. I am not saying I was responsible...but a few weeks later he was no longer there...so I am guessing multiple people have problems.

Those guys are crazy and will tell you upfront to not even answer it if you don't put completely satisfied.
Those surveys are awesome to have on your side, I mean when all was said and done the salesman almost got on his knees when he begged and pleaded with me to give a "completely satisfied" on the survey........I told him when everything is done like we agreed upon (in writing and verbally) then he has my word that that is what I will put on the survey, hey...you keep to your word, I will keep to mine, it's that simple.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #8
Hendu

Drives: 2SS 45th Anniv LS3
Yeah totally. I didn't give it total bad scores, but I was honest where it needed it. I had no problem with chevy either, to be honest, I am much happier with chevy right now than I have been with any other auto company. They were surprisingly helpful before I even had my car and have been since I got it.

Mods:
Hurst short throw shifter,Heritage Grille, CAI Inc. cai, Window tint, skip shift eliminator, footwell lighting

To-Do List:
New Exhaust (or muffler delete)
P13w's
and More TBD
Hendu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #9
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Well folks here it is I got it installed this morning and while I was there I met a fellow C5 mamber - BalogUK, it was good meeting you brother, your Camaro is Friggin awesome!.
I am glad I went with the heritage grill, the bowtie is still growing on me, I still might delete it, dunno yet. I almost left that place with a AGM 1LT that is pretty identical my car, I am planning on getting it for my wife, got a juicy check coming in the next week so I hope it is still there, other wise the deal is made on it.
here are some pics, it is overcast today and am still learning how to do photos in this type of setting, I included a rear pic of my car as well.

Name:  IMGP4469 (Large).jpg
Views: 259
Size:  215.6 KB

Name:  IMGP4472 (Large).jpg
Views: 242
Size:  229.5 KB

Name:  IMGP4474 (Large).jpg
Views: 254
Size:  246.7 KB

Name:  IMGP4478.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  205.3 KB

Last edited by 007s 'Vert; 01-07-2012 at 01:52 PM.
007s 'Vert is offline   Reply With Quote