Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-26-2014, 08:24 PM   #1
Rabamaro

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS
Non convertible wet rear passenger floorboard.

I recently had issues with water getting into the passenger floorboard when the car was left out in heavy rain a few weeks ago. I brought it to my dealer after a search here didn't really get me any answers. They did their water test and after all of 30 seconds they said that I had a leak in my passenger door weatherstripping. Well today was the first time I'd left the car in the rain since having it replaced and low and behold, I've got water again. And no, I do not have a convertible. This only happens when the car is sitting out in the rain, not while running A/C, so I know it isn't the drain tube. I also don't have a sunroof. It seems as if the water is coming up from underneath the floorboard. Any thoughts??
Attached Images

Vararam Tune CAI, Vararam Power Wedge, 160 degree stat, VMax ported throttle body, Ceramic coated ARH 1 7/8" LTs with X-pipe, Borla S-Type Axle back, MGW short throw, 3.91s, Ported stock IM, BTR Stage IV cam, Heritage Grille, Backup camera, UMI Performance trailing arms and toe rods, dyno tune
Rabamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabamaro View Post
I recently had issues with water getting into the passenger floorboard when the car was left out in heavy rain a few weeks ago. I brought it to my dealer after a search here didn't really get me any answers. They did their water test and after all of 30 seconds they said that I had a leak in my passenger door weatherstripping. Well today was the first time I'd left the car in the rain since having it replaced and low and behold, I've got water again. And no, I do not have a convertible. This only happens when the car is sitting out in the rain, not while running A/C, so I know it isn't the drain tube. I also don't have a sunroof. It seems as if the water is coming up from underneath the floorboard. Any thoughts??
Rabamaro,

I realize how displeasing it can be when faced with a leak concern like this, and though you're seeking thoughts and opinions, I would be happy to communicate this situation with the designated Customer Experience Manager at your preferred dealer if you feel an official diagnosis is necessary. Feel free to message us privately if you'd like to proceed, or discuss this situation further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:50 AM   #3
Rabamaro

Thanks William. I went to my dealer on Friday and was told that I had something inside the door itself come loose and let water into my car. But now the car smells...I've got the windows down and a fan blowing on the carpet now.
Vararam Tune CAI, Vararam Power Wedge, 160 degree stat, VMax ported throttle body, Ceramic coated ARH 1 7/8" LTs with X-pipe, Borla S-Type Axle back, MGW short throw, 3.91s, Ported stock IM, BTR Stage IV cam, Heritage Grille, Backup camera, UMI Performance trailing arms and toe rods, dyno tune
Old 06-30-2014, 09:54 AM   #4
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
It is a seam seal. Had the same issue in a different GM model. Very difficult to locate the exact seam.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:59 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabamaro View Post
Thanks William. I went to my dealer on Friday and was told that I had something inside the door itself come loose and let water into my car. But now the car smells...I've got the windows down and a fan blowing on the carpet now.
You're welcome,

Please keep me posted on this situation. We're just a private message away if you have any further questions or concerns.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-03-2014, 06:52 AM   #6
LCAga1689

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
I have the same problem on my driver side. I am talking to my dealership Saturday when I take it in.
LCAga1689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:17 PM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCAga1689 View Post
I have the same problem on my driver side. I am talking to my dealership Saturday when I take it in.
LCAga1689,

Sincere apologies to read of the similar concerns with your vehicle. It's great that you're proactively seeing your dealer for an official diagnosis. Feel free to keep us posted on the process if possible, and feel free to message me privately if additional assistance is needed.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 09-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #8
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Searching forum to find where the water is entering the drivers floorboard. Any follow ups?
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #9
Rabamaro

Something had come loose inside the door. It was fixed and haven't had an issue since.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:02 PM   #10
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
I had the same issue for about 5 days but then it magically stopped and hasn't been an issue again.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote