Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-28-2009, 01:13 AM   #1
Tbanks
The Stangs kryptonite

Drives: 2010 1LT CGM Camaro
HELP PLEASE!!!

Hey everyone i go by tbanks well im almost 16 and for sure gonna get a new camaro!! i love the new camaro and know just about everything about this car since i have been following all of ur threads and updates. But im really confused as many of u have been on color. im really edging towards CGM but would love to hear how ur GCM has been? what about peoples Black ones? how are the midnight silver rims? thanks so much damn i cant sleep i cant wait
Tbanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:25 AM   #2
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
GCM IS AWESOME!!!!!! What's GCM?
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:30 AM   #3
transfrmn
Imperial Blue LT2/RS

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
well i own IBM but i like any dark color camaro a lot, but you should be prepared to wash the car alot especially with black CGM won't be as bad. the rims are nice to but also seem to get water spots worse then anything else i've owned so be prepared to wash and dry them a lot. have you already ordered or ordering soon?
Old 10-28-2009, 01:56 AM   #4
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
ABM is absolutely a stunning color. and its gonna get axed so its gonna be a rare find in about 2 years lol... making ur ABM car all that more special and valuable

ABM 2SS is what i would go had i the option
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #5
Tbanks
The Stangs kryptonite

thanks guys so much
Old 10-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #6
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
Gold Mist Metalic Rocks
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #7
scomaro22

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS! ,'09 Genesis
I went with VR and absolutely love it, but my second choice was Black. So if its down between CGM or Black, I say you go Black

scomaro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #8
Tbanks
The Stangs kryptonite

Okay I'm a guy who loves VR but because I'm sixteen it would cost so much more to insure. I love black but with my crazy life I don't ever want it to be dirty and don't think I could clean it every week since lifes so busy. So I really want a CGM just want to hear from those who have a CGM and how they like it
Old 10-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #9
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
I love my Black Baby. The Orange Stripes and Orange Interior are showstoppers.

Since I don't use Rosie as a daily driver, keeping him clean isn't a major issue to me.

If I did, I probably would have gone with some other color.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:04 AM   #10
1 faSSt rabbit

Drives: '10 SS/RS M6 CGM IO Interior
I love my CGM! With the black stripes it has a stealthy appearance. When you get it in the bright sunlight though the metallic really pops! It looks subtle from far away but dazzling up close (if that makes any sense). Get the orange interior to offset the dark exterior. People really have a Holy Crap reaction when you show them the interior for the first time. I think they are expecting a dark interior to match the exterior and that beautiful orange really takes them by surprise. Get one, you will not be disappointed!
1 faSSt rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:06 AM   #11
Capstone

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbanks View Post
Okay I'm a guy who loves VR but because I'm sixteen it would cost so much more to insure. I love black but with my crazy life I don't ever want it to be dirty and don't think I could clean it every week since lifes so busy. So I really want a CGM just want to hear from those who have a CGM and how they like it
You really think color would affect the cost of your insurance?! They take one look at the model and engine and you're cooked no matter what... go with the color you REALLY want and just be prepared for even more attention from Cops that see "RED" much more than any other color anyways...

BTW, as a SIDE NOTE I know... I am not a proponent of anyone under the age of consent owning any car with this kind of "over the top" performance along with the amount of attention it draws. I know there are responsible under 25 years olds out there... I was one of them, but frankly, this Camaro does funny things to people, not only the drivers, but onlookers, friends along for the ride etc. There should be a warning label on the sticker for parents to read as they sign the papers for one of these beasts before handing it off to a cell texting/talking, buddy chatting, girl watching, radio blasting teenager...

WARNING: This vehicle is a high performance automobile capable of launching itself and its occupants from zero to sixty miles an hour in less than time than it took for you to read this sentence.

Last edited by Capstone; 10-28-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Capstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #12
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Hey everyone i go by tbanks well im almost 16 and for sure gonna get a new camaro!! i love the new camaro and know just about everything about this car since i have been following all of ur threads and updates. But im really confused as many of u have been on color. im really edging towards CGM but would love to hear how ur GCM has been? what about peoples Black ones? how are the midnight silver rims? thanks so much damn i cant sleep i cant wait
This is the video that finally sold me on my color choice after changing 4 times. My sales guys was about to strangle me...LOL.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=50965096

Oh...never was too crazy about the Midnight silver rims. I got the polished ones and they look the best to me. Actually, I have the best of both worlds...after about a week or 2 of driving around, the break dust that accumulates gives you the same Midnight silver look IMHO. Not hating on rim choices...just stating an opinion.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:02 PM   #13
Dan3
Captain of the Failboat

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
A 15 year old with a life so "crazy" and "busy" that he doesnt have time to wash his car...

God I wish my parents had that kind of money to waste on me at 16...
Produced - 10 August 2009 : #34143
Delivered - 25 August 2009
Dan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #14
scomaro22

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS! ,'09 Genesis
Quote:
That is sucha wives tale !!!! My insurance company could care less what color my car was. I have heard so many people say this, and when it came time for the policy to activate, i asked my agent if there is a difference in rates bc of color and he just laughed....is this true for all insurance companies ??? I understand about keeping the black clean though.

scomaro22 is offline   Reply With Quote