Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #43
arodg00

Drives: 2010 Black LT Camaro
Im in the same boat as mikehen08. I also have a 1LT and want the halo look. Would a set of OEM RS Halos from an SS fit in my non-rs 1LT? All of the mounting would be the same? All I would need would be the Ottobody harness?
arodg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #44
mmon5532

Drives: 2011 Camaro Ls
Hey
AuSStinVRCamaro what K of HID do you have on your DRL (fog lights) and can you notice any melting on the housing
mmon5532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #45
PCOLASHAN

Drives: 2SS
Yes, all you would need is the RS lights and the harness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arodg00 View Post
Im in the same boat as mikehen08. I also have a 1LT and want the halo look. Would a set of OEM RS Halos from an SS fit in my non-rs 1LT? All of the mounting would be the same? All I would need would be the Ottobody harness?
PCOLASHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #46
AuSStinVRCamaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmon5532 View Post
Hey
AuSStinVRCamaro what K of HID do you have on your DRL (fog lights) and can you notice any melting on the housing
Theyre not HID DRL just for some reason when I had the fog lights installed the bulb is super bright. I know its an H3 bulb but I dont know what K it is, so no no melting of any kind just really bright I sware I dont even need headlights at night because of them!
AuSStinVRCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:41 AM   #47
AuSStinVRCamaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
Curious for all the people who have already installed the halos...do you guys just leave them on during the day or hit the switch every morning to only have the fogs on?
AuSStinVRCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #48
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuSStinVRCamaro View Post
Curious for all the people who have already installed the halos...do you guys just leave them on during the day or hit the switch every morning to only have the fogs on?
I have mine wired up to be my DRL's in AUTO mode. Its actually pretty simple to do, just requires some good prep work.
Attached Images

MagnumForceGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #49
Bone
2SS RJT OWNER/OPERATOR

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJT
Those look like eagle eye halo's. Is this correct?
Old 05-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #50
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
Those look like eagle eye halo's. Is this correct?
Yes, they are. The principle is the same, seperating the DRL and low beam signals into 2 different wires. Since on a Non-RS car the DRL and low-beam signal are on the same wire, you have to seperate when either one is on. When the low beams are on, so is the parking light, so I tapped into the parking light wire with a Solid State Relay. The Solid State Relay only draws 4 milliamps, so it doesn't cause the parking light circuit to overload.

I use the Solid State Relay to control a mechanical relay that sends 12 volts from the battery post to either the Halo's or Headlights. It would be possible to send the Halo power to the fog lights to simulate a RS car, but would require a few diodes to prevent damage to the BCM.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #51
MagnumForceGB

Fog lights + DRL

Is this what you guys were looking for?

I used 4x 6 amp diodes and ran them off my DRL wire. I also have a switch in there to only have Halo's on or both. When I turn the headlights on, the fog lights are off, then when I hit the fog light button, the fog lights turn on without the Halo's. So here is the operations (DRL in Auto):

1. DRL on + Switch off = Halo's on.
2. DRL on + Switch on = Halo + Fog Lights on.
3. Parking Light on = Parking Lights on, no Halo, no Fog Lights.
4. Parking Light on + Fog Light pressed = Parking Light son, no Halo's, Fog Lights on.
5. Headlights on = Headlights on, Parking Lights on, no Fog Lights, no Halo's.
6. Headlights on + Fog Light pressed = Headlights on, Parking Lights on, Fog Lights on, no Halo's.

I had AAC LED fog lights, but one row of LED's was out, and when I went to remove the plug, the prongs in the LED bulbs were so rusted out they pulled out with the connector (Both sides). So now I have to wait to do a warranty with AAC again.

Only reason I did this was to clean this up:

Now it looks like this:

Its actually a little better when the wheel well liner in.

I have quick disconnects on a few components, mostly so I can switch out between Halogen Bulbs and HID Kits.

Do I need to make a video showing everything in action?
Old 07-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #52
camaroblack2324

Drives: 2011 black 1ss
i cut the pin on the bulb (as pictured) and it worked the drl's were off intill i used the blinker, but the next day as i was driving and used the blinkers they both burnt out or broke, can any body give me some info on what happen or what i did wrong? thanks
camaroblack2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:49 AM   #53
bigac

Drives: White Camaro2011
AuSStinVRCamaro

Where did u bought ur fog light??

thx
bigac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #54
Meganinmycamaro

Drives: 2012chevy camaro
What brand lights r there aac or eagle eyes?
Meganinmycamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #55
JewelSS
Norcal Camaros

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS L99
I need a harness for this conversion, any one know where to get it? I tried to look on AAC site and could not find it. Really want to do this mod and found these on ebay, THOUUGHTS?????
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...p2045653.m1253
Blaque Diamond Wheels BD23's 20x10, Hankook V12 275, AAC footwell lighting, Switchback LED's, AAC Mailslot scanner, AAC underhood, grill & underbody led lighting, AAC Plasma fogs, Eagle eye HIDs, RJT Painted calipers, RJT painted engine bay, Viteese Paddle Shifters, CFD Hurst style Shifter, RJT painted speedo & gauge trim, RotoFab CAI, TSP 2" Headers with full 3" XS Power exhaust, Granatelli Slotted rotors & Hawk HPS pads, ACS Side Rockers, ACS Front splitter, ZL1 Grill, Havoc Rear diffuser, BMR 1.4 Springs, BMR Strut tower brace, BMR F/R Sway Bars, BMR Trailing Arms,
JewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:39 AM   #56
hall92
AlyssaSTORM

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuSStinVRCamaro View Post
Tonight I finally received my Ottobody Harness for my non-rs camaro and Tomorrow Im installing my new RS Headlights! They look so much better than the regular halogen lights this has always been my number 1 mod to do to my LS just had to find the headlights first!! Ill be sure to update with pics once theyre installed! But for now heres this! Enjoy!

So we're you able to test before unplugging any of your stock lights?

Tags
rs non-rs conversion halo