Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #57
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M
Well, I think they gain in value only if demand ^. I don't think the V8 will be worth any more than the V6. Gas will be scarce or not available, then what? You will have a nice sculpture for the front yard. I just saw something that said the V8(Ford) was more efficient than a turbo V6. While that might be somewhat true, the V6 in the Camaro HAS to be more efficient because as a V6 it has 312 HP stock, and a V8 stock to put out comparable power per cubic inch would have to be as big as the state of Rhode Island. Just kidding, but the V6 is an engineering accomplishment, the V8 not so much, it is just another typical V8, not that impressive.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #58
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Like first page post #15 said...old folks buy cars of their youth...to relive the back seat and racing of their youth...so the 60-71 goats, ss and cudas are now 40+ years out...if the camaros and you are still around in 40 yrs then there will be a market...etc...do like we did, drive them and enjoy them....
the cost to hold a car and restore it 40 years out is not a money maker...enjoy it now!
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #59
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman007 View Post
Well, I think they gain in value only if demand ^. I don't think the V8 will be worth any more than the V6. Gas will be scarce or not available, then what? You will have a nice sculpture for the front yard. I just saw something that said the V8(Ford) was more efficient than a turbo V6. While that might be somewhat true, the V6 in the Camaro HAS to be more efficient because as a V6 it has 323 HP stock, and a V8 stock to put out comparable power per cubic inch would have to be as big as the state of Rhode Island. Just kidding, but the V6 is an engineering accomplishment, the V8 not so much, it is just another typical V8, not that impressive.

fixed
batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #60
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Well kids as a old car guy who has owned more old cars those most of you will ever.........and hot rodded most of them....Of course the value will go down, and you never seem to make the money back on a old hot rod unless its totally restored and in demand. Consider this......AFM, and after AFM what next? The current generation of camaro has good old school tech tested tried and true and based on 50 years of damn good engines.

That is a real bonus in a world of the future when things get even more complicated to work on!!!!!!! Why was I able to install my own cams, heads, intakes, ignitions, headers, transmissions etc etc etc........Because it was not that hard to work on all the cars!!!! People will in the future remember the classic car look of this generation of retro cars! Does a SSR go for cheap now? not no but hell no. Is it that rare, that asthetic? No. I watch mecums and other auto auctions all the time and yes some rarety to a model helps. But it is not all together the determining factor if a model is worth more!!! A standard old 67 camaro with a mild build or run of the mill 350 with a paint job fairly straight will command 25 thousand easy if the market is strong. The collector car market now yes is fueled by investors, and many are baby boomers..... They will die off.

Then you will have the next generation who like the amenities of the new retro car..........More like space age than a 67, handling better, with airbags, with this that and the other thing......And having made less of our cars than the cars back then, and in reality their survival rate.........They will eventually appreciate..engines will get rebuilt and transmissions......aftermarket parts are allready all over the place for this car!!!!!!!!
Cars now are made to blow apart actually to save your butt in a accident.......an old chevy was and is a tank, hell they didnt even have seat belts in the real old chevies!!!!
You kids are forgettign history and it does repeat its self. These cars are loved, and that matters, sure a pinto or gremlin not so much............but this is a hot camaro!!!
Look at buick grand nationals at a auction, look at even a second gen camaro totally changed to be a street machine modded away from stock and its demanding big value and are not as fine as the first gen to many.

We will have the cars people will remember that were like the chevelles before 1973 when the gas milege had to change and the crunch was on and the body style changed and then they added more and more EPA crap..... SO that people got plastic timing sprockets eventually....Thermo quadrajets.....catalytic converters..etc etc etc. I am telling you this is the last bang for the good stuff, and people will realize that and demand of the people drooling over our cars now will fuel the rise in value, as we all know eventually g.m. will make some dog and call it a camaro.......
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #61
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
The value will be there just because all the changes that's coming to them and ppl wanting the Retro look of the 67-69 camaros but with all the technology because theses 5th gens will definitely be the only camaros made close to the 1st gens
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #62
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Once these came out I started to love the 1st gens more than before and they might not even make v8s anymore pretty soon
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #63
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
I think the Engines are what might be seen rare in the future. Even though the current LS engines are more advanced that old muscle`s big blocks. They still have the same theory. big V8s.

It seems like every car maker is for the most part reducing the size/cylinders of there performance engines.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #64
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
I like the fact that my 1le is unique. (not special) just not going to be the same as other models.

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #65
SnowVert

Drives: Inferno Orange 2013 SS/RS LS3 6M
The only 5th gens that will be worth any money are the ones that still exist after 50 years...
SnowVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #66
Agent orange
socal ht5

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss
its gonna be a while. the reason why the 1st gens are expensive cause its very rare to see one in a good condition nowadays. back then they used like pure hard metals its prone to rust. and i dont think they had a good quality paints before. so its very hard to keep it clean.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:09 AM   #67
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent orange View Post
its gonna be a while. the reason why the 1st gens are expensive cause its very rare to see one in a good condition nowadays. back then they used like pure hard metals its prone to rust. and i dont think they had a good quality paints before. so its very hard to keep it clean.

that's part of the problem too. of all the camaro's produced, people want the first gen. those are the ones that will attract the big money. as long as the are in existence, regardless of what quantity, people will want them over the others.

cars only become valuable under very limited circumstances. as someone else said, a 100yr old Yugo still wont be worth anything.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #68
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
trade it in for a 1rst Gen, if you want value.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #69
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
I think the Engines are what might be seen rare in the future. Even though the current LS engines are more advanced that old muscle`s big blocks. They still have the same theory. big V8s.

It seems like every car maker is for the most part reducing the size/cylinders of there performance engines.
In 20 yrs, we'll be lucky if theyre still making V8s. Fuel efficiency is becoming the major factor in producing engines. Power is going to be lessened dramatically. I cant see 400HP from the factory in 20 yrs. The new talk will be how many mpgs your car will get. Not how fast or how many horses youre pushing.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #70
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
In 20 yrs, we'll be lucky if theyre still making V8s. Fuel efficiency is becoming the major factor in producing engines. Power is going to be lessened dramatically. I cant see 400HP from the factory in 20 yrs. The new talk will be how many mpgs your car will get. Not how fast or how many horses youre pushing.

no, the new talk will be how many miles you get between charges

anyhow, I disagree. there will still be 400HP cars from the factory. they'll always have to be large V8 motors for trucks and SUV's, so production will never end. though I believe they'll be very rare. in 20 years a V8 in a car will be mostly obsolete because you'll be able to get well over 400HP in a V6. hell, there are already plenty of V6's sporting 500 or more HP. it's just a matter of price coming down.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote