Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #43
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
I'm wondering, if you don't take it, will they fix it and sell it off the lot without ever disclosing that its been damaged? I bet they will.

I would demand they fix it and reduce the price by $2K. Otherwise, order another one and tell the dealer that you're going to let the ultimate purchaser know that it was damaged.
You guys, they won't drop the price. They don't need to. If you don't want it, the next guy in line will buy it for full price.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:51 PM   #44
DocHolliday

Drives: '14 Blade Silver Z51
I'm not trying to stir the pot here guys, but I am reading a lot of "I'd demand this" and "I'd make them do that's."

Seems to me if I were a seller with an item as popular as this car I would offer to fix it at my cost, and sell it at the same price agreed upon. If the customer didn't like that option he could order a new one for MSRP and wait, or simply do without. The car isn't going to sit on the lot more than a couple days so I don't think we as consumers have an awful lot of leverage here.

Sucks to hear about this happening, but I think you should just let them fix it, inspect it top to bottom, and then ask for, but not expect some free oil changes or something nominal like that. Money off the car is cash out of the dealers pocket...free services are valued much more to the consumer than they are to the dealer just based on the markup, so they are much more likely to deal that way.

Good luck bro
DocHolliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #45
BB_Yellow2010

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99 Rally Yellow
So sorry to hear that!

God that sucks! I would say to try and get them to get you a new bumper (probably won't happen) or let them get it fixed, I would definately NOT wait another 3 months...
BB_Yellow2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #46
bluman

Drives: '10 Corvette GS/'13 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
You guys, they won't drop the price. They don't need to. If you don't want it, the next guy in line will buy it for full price.

" There's a fool in every crowd "
2010 Camaro SIM/CGM RS/2LT VIN #310 SOLD

2010 Corvette Grand Sport
bluman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #47
BAD BRAD

Drives: 1969 CAMARO 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
Calm down first! My car was 8 months in arriving. When the dealer called to say it was in, he announced that it had been damaged at the rail car drop yard. He already had the bumper replaced when we got there, they had just recieved another Camaro that they had bought from a defunct dealer, and they are painting the hood next week. In my case it did not have to be reported, nobody "owned" it yet. Everything can be fixed and brother, you will enjoy it too much to care.
THAT IS RIGHT UNTIL U TAKE DELIVER OF THE CAR IT IS THE DEALERS PROBLEM
BAD BRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #48
GTAwheelman

Drives: 1985 Camaro Sport Coupe
see if the would throw any dealer installed options for free. like paint the engine cover or throw in the car cover.
GTAwheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #49
mcrizz

Drives: 2010 2ss w/rs&77 honda civc
i decided to take some of your advise and i am waiting for them to paint the bumper then see if it looks the same and make my decision. thanks for the help. also i like the idea of a free car cover if they wont give me money off the car, i will try that.

P.S. i will try to get some pictures on here soon
mcrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #50
mcrizz

[IMG]http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af64/mcrizz/****ed.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-11-2009, 05:23 PM   #51
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
thanks for posting the damage. Seriously, that is minor stuff. That is an easy fix just ask your dealer to make sure the whole bumper is re-painted. Don't worry about mismatch paint, that won't be an issue.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:27 PM   #52
MagsSS

Drives: 2SS RS Camaro
If the damage is minor just have them fix it before you take it. You have waited so long whats a few more days.
MagsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #53
dursin

Drives: Suburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
I really should 'splain myself better. The "bumper" was just that black plastic thing that covers the lower rear. He said the top part was shattered. He pulled the one off the Rally Yellow they bought because they are all the same on the RS at least. He would not have even needed to tell us, but he is an upright guy and his name is on the dealership! The chip on the hood is not noticeable without a microscope, but they are repainting the entire hood. And if your paint is peeling after 5 years, somebody ain't doin something right.
If there is a chip that is so small you need a microscope to see, why would you give up your factory paint and risk having the dealer repaint the entire hood?!? Seems like a tiny dab of touch up paint and some polishing would be a better solution.

Last edited by dursin; 08-11-2009 at 08:56 PM.
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #54
the Mole
Retired but not done!

Drives: '66 Impala '06 HHR '03 FJR1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
I'm not trying to stir the pot here guys, but I am reading a lot of "I'd demand this" and "I'd make them do that's."

Seems to me if I were a seller with an item as popular as this car I would offer to fix it at my cost, and sell it at the same price agreed upon. If the customer didn't like that option he could order a new one for MSRP and wait, or simply do without. The car isn't going to sit on the lot more than a couple days so I don't think we as consumers have an awful lot of leverage here.

Sucks to hear about this happening, but I think you should just let them fix it, inspect it top to bottom, and then ask for, but not expect some free oil changes or something nominal like that. Money off the car is cash out of the dealers pocket...free services are valued much more to the consumer than they are to the dealer just based on the markup, so they are much more likely to deal that way.

Good luck bro
Ok Doc Holliday has it nailed.

If you hadn't been there and it happenned you would never have known unless they told you. It won't affect the performance of the car one iota. They can fix it good as new.
I've had 2 brand new vehicles damaged before I took delivery. The dealer was upfront about it and fixed both. I accepted it and moved on.

To all those that are telling you to do this and do that and demand this would be the first to cave if the situation happenned to them. The internet has a way of giving courage where there is none.

You have the last decision here. If it's painted good as new then it's new.

Rob and my 2c.

This is where I've ridden my bike.
the Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:11 PM   #55
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
what color is it ?
Old 08-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #56
mcrizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarossrs2150 View Post
what color is it ?
same as yours look at the pics on page 2.