Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-26-2010, 07:26 AM   #505
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
I hear pro's cuss all day, but it's a rare treat to hear bones snap... Spike, can you loop about 2 or 3 seconds of the snap?
I told Randy that I was going to record the first few seconds and use it as my ringtone.

Quote:
You know... It wouldn't be funny... sorta... but do you have pics of the car sitting in your yard on concrete blocks?
Jackstands.....the Camaro's natural resting place
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:48 AM   #506
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
I told Randy that I was going to record the first few seconds and use it as my ringtone.

Jackstands.....the Camaro's natural resting place
Now he need to just put it out in front of his mobile home and he is Alabama trailer trash.

If you live in a trailer did not mean to offend.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:57 AM   #507
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
PQ i have seen many many other rims from other members but to be honest they didnt do anything for me i kept thinking the factory ones look better but dam those rims are insane hot on this car. They suit this car perfect i am jealous.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #508
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I think so.

They don't believe they shipped that way. With 3 out of 4 messed up so badly I don't know what the heck to think. I actually may just get a refund. I got a helluva deal but if you add my mounting, balancing, and shipping in the deal, I'm another 400+ out of pocket. It depends on what they say when they get them. How long it will take and such. I could get some decent AM ones quickly and and roundly and use some funds for mods. But as long as I get a good feeling that they will be right, and I'm not out any money, I'm good. You're right, I should have had the shipping paid. I paid a lot of money and got something defective.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. The wheel I was going to spin in the next video was the worst. The one in the vid I posted was about how the other one was. I'm just sick about all this. My finger was my fault.
It's EXTREMELY unlikely that 3 wheels would be out of round inside of one month due to a 'user error'...unless you live in Hazard county...

Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #509
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Better sport than me!

I must say PQ you are taking this well. I think I would be a little more pi$$ed off than you are....... but koudos to you for your good attitude.

Someone should be paying for your shipping. You should not have to eat this cost. If it was the fault of Savani during production I'm sure they will take care of the shipping for you. Savani should probably go a little further to make it right by you for your troubles....some free lugs, maybe discount toward your next purchase. You spent a lot of money with them and will probably spend more in the furture if they treat you right. They should also consider the number of potential buyers following your thread to see how you are treated. But if it wasn't them than the shipper should be responsible for damages caused during shipping.

When Savani shipped them to you did they insure them? Did you?

Anyway good luck man.... I am expecting some custom wheels to be delivered in the next week or so hopefully and I sure hope I don't have this type of problem but becasue of your post I will definitly be looking for issues like the ones you have had.
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #510
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
The delivery was caught on tape... (Not really, I just think it's an interesting vid)
Old 04-26-2010, 10:01 AM   #511
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
You got to love those "ACE VENTURA" deliveries.
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #512
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post
I must say PQ you are taking this well. I think I would be a little more pi$$ed off than you are....... but koudos to you for your good attitude.

Someone should be paying for your shipping. You should not have to eat this cost. If it was the fault of Savani during production I'm sure they will take care of the shipping for you. Savani should probably go a little further to make it right by you for your troubles....some free lugs, maybe discount toward your next purchase. You spent a lot of money with them and will probably spend more in the furture if they treat you right. They should also consider the number of potential buyers following your thread to see how you are treated. But if it wasn't them than the shipper should be responsible for damages caused during shipping.

When Savani shipped them to you did they insure them? Did you?

Anyway good luck man.... I am expecting some custom wheels to be delivered in the next week or so hopefully and I sure hope I don't have this type of problem but becasue of your post I will definitly be looking for issues like the ones you have had.
Ya, I insured them when I sent them back. I was told it would be hard to get a claim from the shipper bacause they were already mounted by a tire shop. Since I don't have the eye of a cyborg I couldn't tell by looking at them. I got plenty of pics though.

Bonnie thought about wheels for her Lexus but she's already decided that if she does, she will buy them locally. (Hers are pretty scraped up) She said it's just a pita to deal with this and, oh, she said she doesn't want me injuring my other fingers on HER wheels. (smartass)

Being a business owner myself, I understand that things happen. This is where my patiennce thus far have come in. I'm not gonna flame Savini right now but ask that they take care of me, like I do my clients when there is a problem. I probably go too far in taking care of a client with a problem but they always know they are in good hands. Which is why we keep them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
It's EXTREMELY unlikely that 3 wheels would be out of round inside of one month due to a 'user error'...unless you live in Hazard county...

Quote:
The delivery was caught on tape... (Not really, I just think it's an interesting vid)
OMG, that's some funny stuff right there.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #513
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Savini should reimburse your shipping costs if the wheels are found defective. I'm surprised shipping cost you so much, typically it is only about $30-40 per wheel via UPS or FedEx ground.

Every brand I carry has paid shipping on defective products. I'm not quite sure I can believe that three wheels were damaged during shipping, especially if the boxes were okay.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #514
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Am I allowed to eat popcorn now?
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #515
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
PQ, I swear I didn't damage them when I tried them on!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:15 AM   #516
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Savini should reimburse your shipping costs if the wheels are found defective. I'm surprised shipping cost you so much, typically it is only about $30-40 per wheel via UPS or FedEx ground.

Every brand I carry has paid shipping on defective products. I'm not quite sure I can believe that three wheels were damaged during shipping, especially if the boxes were okay.
Yup. I agree. Three is hard to believe. I'm not sure what to think. Not sure why it was so expensive to ship them but I insured them for a total of 6400.00 so maybe that's why. But both tire shops said it was three and I saw with my own eyes, and one finger. lol

There is a picture of the wheels still in the boxes in the op of this thread. All I can do is wait for Savini to get them on Friday. I wrapped them damn good and had UPS pack them good as well. Maybe they charged me for them packing them? Nick told me to pack them really good so that's what I did.

I can't wait to see what they say. Most correspondance to this poin has had the tone that they aren't even damaged which kinda pisses me off. What motivation do I have to send them back other than they are messed up. My car shakes like crazy with them on it. Just to waste time? I want the wheels.

Again, I'm not a 'Wheel Expert'. I don't know jack about wheels. All I know is my car shook abnormaly and two tire shops said they are out of round. And where is Jeff? Last I heard from him is when I sent him the printout from firestone stating that 3 wheels were out of round and his response was "Interesting, no numbers". WTF? Why not just tell me I'm full of shit?

Very bad form. Am I wrong here? You guys can tell me I am, but I'll argue at this point. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Am I allowed to eat popcorn now?
haha, yup, I think I'll join you. But I'm drinking beer too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
PQ, I swear I didn't damage them when I tried them on!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:21 AM   #517
PQ
Booooosted.

Oh, ya, btw, I was told today you could have a tire 'shaved' to compensate for this problem. Anyone ever heard of this?

Just curious. I wouldn't do it but the guy who told me was being serious.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:02 AM   #518
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
..........but they always know they are in good hands.
PQ, I hate to do this to a guy that as already been through so much, but.......

Hope your feeling better man. This sucks. I can't believe you've been through all this AND had to pay out the @ss for it too.

Hope its all resolved soon.

DO NOT SHAVE YOUR TIRES.

Why would someone even say that? They want you to shave $2000 worth of rubber, weakening it and reducing its functionality because they screwed up $5000 worth of rim? WTF??

They are trying to get your rims balanced by removing rubber from the tires. This will not make the rims round, it just helps with balancing.