Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #141
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmicasa the Great XvX View Post
SHILL DEASE... This type of which is faster when one car directly BENCHMARKS another is about as dumb as bag of rocks being thrown at your brand new glass house
Sorry, but I don't understand any of this statement. You are a GM shill. You make no mention of the nerfed automatic V8 Camaro and you disregard its high weight and lower MPG in comparison to its main competitor the Mustang. To an unbiased observer, this would make the Mustang the superior product.

You are simply trying to prove to yourself that all of your GM purchases were the 'correct' choice by slamming the competition and praising the product you bought.

Quote:
While the Automatic Camaro may lose to the Mustang GT Auto.. the Manny will run or beat both configs from the GT.
There is no 'may' about it, it is a fact. You are also wrong about the LS3 being faster than an automatic 5.0. It is not.

Quote:
Lastly. GM would be VERY smart to continuously improve all of its cars, especially the ones that sell and are in high demand. The Corvette is in its last year possibly before we start seeing the C7 debut for sale the year after (2013) Chevy would be wise to give the C6 a bump in HP and possibly do away with the regular body Vette making the WIDEBODY (GS, Z06, ZR1) the standard thru-out the range. A push up to 450HP would be a helluva shot I the arm for an already 7 Model Year old vehicle that is still a world beater. 911 sales are worse yet it constantly improves itself. Not even to mention the horribly ugly GT-R from Nissan just got an improvement.
GM is not going to put any money into the Corvette before the C7. They are simply taking the product more upscale with high consumer cost/low Chevy cost options. GM is giving Corvette buyers very little real value with the GS as it is just fluff. I believe if they did not make a GS and just sold base/Z06/ZR1 their sales would not be off 66-75% from 2007 peaks as they are now.

Porsche is dripping millions of dollars away since the depression. It would be wise to do the exact opposite of Porsche to make money.

Quote:
The price of changing the Camaro's interior is irrelevant, as GM, like all automakers, has coachwork done by a separate entity that absorbs the cost.
False. The cost of change is passed on to the consumer. Having to produce spare parts for only a 2 year model run is stupid.

Quote:
But the media constantly and consistently gripes about the Interior.. not to mention TROLLS... so GM is squashing the "problem" early on.
False again. GM has said they win awards for the Camaro's interior. Your statement contradicts theirs.
alrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:33 PM   #142
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
GM is not going to put any money into the Corvette before the C7.
Wanna bet?
Old 10-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #143
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Wanna bet?
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:35 PM   #144
alrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Wanna bet?
I would bet that you have no factual information saying one way or the other.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:39 PM   #145
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Well they won't up the camaro without upping the vette. That's for sure.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:39 PM   #146
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
I agree.

It says RUMOR as the first word... I will believe it when I see what they changed to make more power.

Till then, it's just a RUMOR...
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #147
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Well they won't up the camaro without upping the vette. That's for sure.
Exactly.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #148
alrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
I agree.

It says RUMOR as the first word... I will believe it when I see what they changed to make more power.

Till then, it's just a RUMOR...
You explain why rumors are bad and should never be given merit very well.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:00 PM   #149
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
My guess is GM will change the air intake system and the calibration to get a 15-20 hp increase. I think they would stay away from the camshaft and the cats as they probably do not want to spend a bunch of money re-validating any emissions. They make these small changes without spending a bunch of money. That's a reasonable mid-model change.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #150
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
The LS2 only lasted from 05 -07. The LS3 has already been out longer.

Not that it matters or means anything but ill throw it out their. (and I hate when people do this but oh well lol)

My friend who works at Lomar machine (local company) has been working on something to do with new fuel lines for the car.

Not sure if that means anything but thats what he told me.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #151
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Sorry, but I don't understand any of this statement. You are a GM shill. You make no mention of the nerfed automatic V8 Camaro and you disregard its high weight and lower MPG in comparison to its main competitor the Mustang. To an unbiased observer, this would make the Mustang the superior product.

You are simply trying to prove to yourself that all of your GM purchases were the 'correct' choice by slamming the competition and praising the product you bought.

There is no 'may' about it, it is a fact. You are also wrong about the LS3 being faster than an automatic 5.0. It is not.

GM is not going to put any money into the Corvette before the C7. They are simply taking the product more upscale with high consumer cost/low Chevy cost options. GM is giving Corvette buyers very little real value with the GS as it is just fluff. I believe if they did not make a GS and just sold base/Z06/ZR1 their sales would not be off 66-75% from 2007 peaks as they are now.

Porsche is dripping millions of dollars away since the depression. It would be wise to do the exact opposite of Porsche to make money.

False. The cost of change is passed on to the consumer. Having to produce spare parts for only a 2 year model run is stupid.

False again. GM has said they win awards for the Camaro's interior. Your statement contradicts theirs.
Cool story Bro...lol
Anyways back on topic: 2012 is the 3rd model year and perfect timeing for a midcycle refresh (which what seem to be happening) until the 6th gen Camaro for the 2015 Model year. While I love power, I want the wheel/tire/Brake/suspension setup from the Z/28 an option for the SS. Call it the 1Le suspension package.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #152
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
Quote:
This rumor reeks of internet forum posters. The rumor of the horsepower bump because of the fact that 5.0 Mustangs are faster in the 1/4 mile is false.

Unless Chevy proves that they are the same old financially stupid company as years past, they will not bump the power in the Camaro before the Corvette. It makes no sense to change the engine in the Corvette now. It also makes no financial sense to change the interior of the Camaro in its 3rd MY run. The cost of changing and retooling is not a smart move when there is no need. They need to refresh the car in 5 year runs like the Mustang in order to make a profit.

Also, Mustang versus Camaro facts.

Both transmission V6 Mustang's are faster than any V6 Camaro.

Automatic 5.0 is faster than L99 Camaro.

Automatic 5.0 is faster than LS3 Camaro.

6 speed manual versus 5.0 versus LS3 Camaro is very close and comes down to driver skill.

Overall, the Mustang is the faster car. Anyone who chooses to use 1 specific test to 'prove' the Camaro is faster and disregard all other heads up results is a GM shill.
I wondered how long it would take Alrox to get in here and dispel these RUMORS. I don't disagree with him though...this could be the Challenger V10 thread re-hashed all over again. I don't really care one way or the other, I have 2011, so any future change likely doesn't mean anything to me.
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:57 PM   #153
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
once again people, the word RUMOR is the first word...
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:26 PM   #154
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
once again people, the word RUMOR is the first word...
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote