Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 06-17-2009, 10:14 PM   #15
fever_08

Drives: '08 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54

'nuff said.
Nah, I wasnt selling it, so thats not the appropriate thread....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

'nuff said
fever_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:25 PM   #16
cheaplabor
It the toybox 4 winter

Drives: LSA 68f100 pickup/2010 rs/2ss abm
Quote:
Originally Posted by fever_08 View Post
Nope, no connection.....I was just trying to pass an MSRP deal to the members here....pretty dissapointed that Turab didnt (couldnt) keep the MSRP, but its probably his Sales Manager driving that. Turab was straight up with me and was really easy to deal with....
I didnt put a deposit down, it was all verbal...so I'm not gaining anything..

An advocate for charging extra? how so may I ask?
i,ve read quite a few posts where you say you see no problem with the gouging, everyone has a different view and it doesn't really matter. gouging is only profitable in the short term, nobody that feels screwed after the fact is going to return next time, no matter how horny they were to get the dam car before everybody else. two or three months from now when they are on every corner and they are for the most part the same four colors you won't be able to tell a $53000 car from a $43000 one. besides $53 is probably with tax and that's not really that bad. the gouging is going to be a temporary thing while dealers can get away with it anyway. suckers will get suckered
cheaplabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:27 PM   #17
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Faster?
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #18
fever_08

Drives: '08 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaplabor View Post
i,ve read quite a few posts where you say you see no problem with the gouging, everyone has a different view and it doesn't really matter. gouging is only profitable in the short term, nobody that feels screwed after the fact is going to return next time, no matter how horny they were to get the dam car before everybody else. two or three months from now when they are on every corner and they are for the most part the same four colors you won't be able to tell a $53000 car from a $43000 one. besides $53 is probably with tax and that's not really that bad. the gouging is going to be a temporary thing while dealers can get away with it anyway. suckers will get suckered
Scenario......

you see a car that someone is trying to sell, and for whatever reason, its a good deal, and you know its a good deal.....so you buy it and then relist it at the market value and make a few dollars.....is that gouging, or just being smart???
Dont get me wrong, I approach a dealer, and they want more than msrp, I walk....if everyone did this, there would be no problem. But if there is a demand, the market will fill that demand.

Case in point, 2009 Shelby GT500....when they hit the lots, you could order one at msrp, or take a stock vehicle at around 3-5k+ over......today, the calgary dealers are discounting 8K off of sticker (dealer+ manufacturer)...not many '09's left because of this, thats only a couple thousand more than the SS/RS right now...but the market works both ways. All I'm saying is we love it when demand is low, or dealers have to move stock to make room, cause we get a great deal, but we cry the blues when demand outstrips supply.....and we have to pay more....its just the most basic principle of supply and demand....
fever_08 is offline   Reply With Quote