Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 03:04 AM   #29
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
Dude....buy a 2SS/RS, LS3 in Black and stop this BS!! Its better looking and more HP, and faster...oh yes and it handles better too! Six cylinders don't do much for me!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 03:43 AM   #30
rickerda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Please don’t take this the wrong way, but getting looks on the road doesn’t mean much. Drive 60 MPH with a space-saver spare mounted and see how many looks you get. A better test is to take it to an auto event, such as a car show or cruise in where the spectators will know what they are looking at.

These pictures are from a locate cruise in, here in Chester VA, where I conducted a totally unscientific experiment.
Three cars, three colors, one night…

1) The red Camaro RS has Yenko type stripe which drew attention and questions.
2) The silver Camaro RS blended in and went almost un-noticed.
3) The year old Challenger SRT8 drew the most attention and largest crowd.

Factors: Color and options play a major role in turning heads. I would describe the two Camaros as twin sisters, however the red one is wearing make-up and a mini-skirt.
The Challenger is still rare around here, I see about 5 Camaros for every Challenger on the road, so uniqueness does plays a role.

I think I could take your $100 if we meet in a Kmart parking lot and I’ll bring bright red Nissan Cube.

One final note, the comments people make about the cars are very different too. With the Challenger you’ll hear remarks like, “Dodge got the design right” The Camaro on the other hand, will get some remarks about what they don’t like or what they would change. This cruise in gets a fair amount of first generation Camaros and these owners have pretty strong opinions on the Camaro design. While this is based purely on my personal experiences as an owner of both cars, if you read the post on this site you will see that these types of remarks are fairly common. The Challenger will get “pinged” for being too big or looking fat, but most of the time people like its’ looks. As for the Camaro there appears to be some disagreement about the design. Either way they are both great cars and we are very fortunate that we to have the opportunity to own either of these cars.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:53 AM   #31
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
the only... and i repeat ONLY reason the chally looks ok is because of its retro look that is like a modern version of something from the 60s... it fails in comparison to the styling of the camaro in every asspect, however they are definatly more rare than the camaro already (atleast it seems lke that) so thats why they will get attention...

in my opinion, the chally is just way to bland
Old 09-12-2009, 04:16 AM   #32
rickerda

Side by side

Lets talk retro

Last edited by rickerda; 09-12-2009 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Changed a picture
Old 09-12-2009, 04:50 AM   #33
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Just wandering if at the cruise were the SRT-8 got all the attention over the twin sisster camaros did the sisters big brother SS show up? Not trying to bash any V6 owners but sorry if I was at a car show or meet I would be asking more questions and paying more attention to the muscle of the show! Both cars in my opinion are awesome cars! I just don't see how your test was very fair? Don't know that's just me. Also like someone was stating the Challengers are much more rare on the road. At least were I live. I can't figure it out. It's not like there are not usually 4-5 Challengers at local dodge dealership lot at all times. Can't say that bought the new Camaro's were I'm from. As soon as they get unloaded off the truck they are in some ones garage. I do have to give props to Dodge though they did do the Challenger right but I just don't think they get more attention than the Camaro. I still can't go anywere in my IOM SS and not get people just staring and asking me all types of questions and taking pictures. Regardless they both sweet sweet rides! Congrats to the lucky people who get to enjoy the best of both worlds! That would be nice having a Chally and a Camy!
Old 09-12-2009, 04:51 AM   #34
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickerda View Post
Please don’t take this the wrong way, but getting looks on the road doesn’t mean much. Drive 60 MPH with a space-saver spare mounted and see how many looks you get. A better test is to take it to an auto event, such as a car show or cruise in where the spectators will know what they are looking at.

These pictures are from a locate cruise in, here in Chester VA, where I conducted a totally unscientific experiment.
Three cars, three colors, one night…

1) The red Camaro RS has Yenko type stripe which drew attention and questions.
2) The silver Camaro RS blended in and went almost un-noticed.
3) The year old Challenger SRT8 drew the most attention and largest crowd.

Factors: Color and options play a major role in turning heads. I would describe the two Camaros as twin sisters, however the red one is wearing make-up and a mini-skirt.
The Challenger is still rare around here, I see about 5 Camaros for every Challenger on the road, so uniqueness does plays a role.

I think I could take your $100 if we meet in a Kmart parking lot and I’ll bring bright red Nissan Cube.

One final note, the comments people make about the cars are very different too. With the Challenger you’ll hear remarks like, “Dodge got the design right” The Camaro on the other hand, will get some remarks about what they don’t like or what they would change. This cruise in gets a fair amount of first generation Camaros and these owners have pretty strong opinions on the Camaro design. While this is based purely on my personal experiences as an owner of both cars, if you read the post on this site you will see that these types of remarks are fairly common. The Challenger will get “pinged” for being too big or looking fat, but most of the time people like its’ looks. As for the Camaro there appears to be some disagreement about the design. Either way they are both great cars and we are very fortunate that we to have the opportunity to own either of these cars.
there old no one under the age of 25 or 30 cares about a chally
Old 09-12-2009, 05:07 AM   #35
dragom
2G1FB1EV3A9121989

Drives: Rally Yellow RS Coupe
I like them both well i kind of have to cause the wife has the challenger and I have the camaro. I would have to say it is a toss up on who gets the most looks her's is red so that helps her in the looks department but yellow cam gets alot of looks too. I can't bash the challenger like some people do hell I am not sure I would have gotten a camaro if my wife hadn't of gotten the challenger first. Some people have strong feelings toward the camaro and everything else is just ugly and I find that wrong both have their beauty.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:45 AM   #36
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
I would have to say that a red or hemi orange challenger would turn more heads than a dark colored Camaro, while an IOM or Red Camaro would turn more heads than a black Challenger. Colors do make a big difference. My IOM Camaro turns heads all the time and I get the thumbs up at almost every light here in Miami. I haven't seen a single Camaro SS for about two months it seems so I may be one of 20 or so in the area. I am probably the only one who paid under sticker thanks to Eric Hall and Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine Texas.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:48 AM   #37
rickerda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockytophummer View Post
Just wandering if at the cruise were the SRT-8 got all the attention over the twin sisster camaros did the sisters big brother SS show up? Not trying to bash any V6 owners but sorry if I was at a car show or meet I would be asking more questions and paying more attention to the muscle of the show! Both cars in my opinion are awesome cars! I just don't see how your test was very fair? Don't know that's just me. Also like someone was stating the Challengers are much more rare on the road. At least were I live. I can't figure it out. It's not like there are not usually 4-5 Challengers at local dodge dealership lot at all times. Can't say that bought the new Camaro's were I'm from. As soon as they get unloaded off the truck they are in some ones garage. I do have to give props to Dodge though they did do the Challenger right but I just don't think they get more attention than the Camaro. I still can't go anywere in my IOM SS and not get people just staring and asking me all types of questions and taking pictures. Regardless they both sweet sweet rides! Congrats to the lucky people who get to enjoy the best of both worlds! That would be nice having a Chally and a Camy!
Never said it was fair, it was totally unscientific, that’s kind of the point.

As for dealer inventory, when the 2008 Challenger were being delivered they didn’t spend much time on the show room floor either. 2010 is the year of the Camaro, it’s even outselling the Mustang. I sincerely hope that Chevy can keep the enthusiasm and excitement up.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:58 AM   #38
iwanttogofastNY

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM
i love these guys who don't compare apples to apples....."oh my awesome v8 dodge gets more attention then my ok v6 chevy"

if you try and compare the Hemi to the v6 camaro.....your an idoit

you should have spend the extra 3k and had 2 head turners!
Mods: American Racing Headers & Exhaust, Airaid Intake, Pfadt Front/Rear Sway Bars, Stealth Bulbs, AAC LED bowtie, AAC Concept LED Side-markers ABM/Tinted, 20% Tints, Chuck COW Tune, MGW shifter (blue with white racing stripes).

Coming Soon: 4:10 Gears?
Old 09-12-2009, 06:04 AM   #39
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
In Miami, Challengers are not more rare than Camaro's, at least not yet.. I see quite a few Challengers everyday.. However I do have to point out they do catch my eye every time since they are beautiful cars. I've given the thumbs up to about 5 of them so far and they do the same. I'm no street racer but everyday I get a few who pull up next to me and rev.. All so far have been ricers including a 350z. I did have an SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee also want to race off the line. At least with that one I pushed the car to 70 since it was a ramp getting on the turnpike and I push it harder getting up there. I did beat it up the ramp but let it pass me once I reached around 70.. On the turnpike he then puled up next to me and gave me the thumbs up and drove off.. That so far has been my only "street race" if you can call it that..lol.. However I don't think it counts since I always get up at the same pace anyways up the ramps..I'd also like to point out I almost purchased a Challenger SRT8 during the time they were offered bellow sticker (for about 2 days). However I missed the opportunity and the dealer sold the last orange one before I got there and I didn't want an RT. Their loss..
Old 09-12-2009, 09:31 AM   #40
az2009se

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS 2009 Challenger SE
Thanks (to most of you) for your responses. Most of the dirrerence is the paint IMO. I've had them both at a local cruise in and the Challenger got more looks, of course there were 13 other 2010 Camaros nearby and just one Challenger. For the most part the two cars do not compare. The Dodge is a modified 4 door sedan capable of carrying 5 passengers in comfort. The Camaro is is a low slung 2 passenger fun driver.

BTW, my first thought was to ditch the 18" steelies the first chance I had. Now I like them so much I don't even look for wheels on the web anymore. Maybe in a year or so when I want freshen up the car I'll reconsider.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #41
Buckbo

Drives: 2010 Camaro
My LT was parked next to a Challenger SRT at a local cruise night and the Camaro easily attracted more attention and positive comments.
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #42
glambert1
HOMER

Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
theor probably turning their head to do this

Closed Thread

Tags
1ls, cgm, challenger