Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #29
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
The challenger and especially the Camaro are in a different league completely than the 'Stang.

Mustangs are like civics around here, you can't go down the street without seeing one. Camaros and Challengers though, they're not just rarer but they have that muscle car presence that the current Ford simply lacks completely.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #30
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKnight1SS View Post
Sarcasm? Because I can think of plenty of categories
well you like to share them ?

Overall the mustangs are faster and handle better. of course you have some outliers like the Zl1 and GT500 that make up a small percentage of sales.

But when looking at the models that sell (V6, GT, SS ). the stang is the better performer. its a fact. The camaro is just a really good looking car, and still has solid performance. personally i hate the way a stock GT or V6 mustang looks.

the only mustang i would want over a camaro is the GT500.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #31
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
it depends on options. i remember a couple years ago the base GT was a few hundred less than an SS, but it didn't have Brembo brakes. with the brembo's it went past the SS. GT's can be optioned up to 40k just like an SS can.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #32
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTrunkMusic View Post
The challenger and especially the Camaro are in a different league completely than the 'Stang.

Mustangs are like civics around here, you can't go down the street without seeing one. Camaros and Challengers though, they're not just rarer but they have that muscle car presence that the current Ford simply lacks completely.
That's exactly how it is where I live. There is nothing, absolutely nothing about the Mustang that distinguishes itself from every other car on the road. You drive a Mustang? Whoopty freakin do. People who don't know any better just buy a name. Lots of soccer moms in the stangs.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #33
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
where i live you could see dozens of stangs in a given day four years ago but you were lucky to see one 5th gen a week then, you might see a few a day now but there are still 8/10 stangs for every 5th gen at least to this day. not complaining though. and by the way my brother in-law has two Mustangs, an 09 bullitt edition and a 02 V6 one. Both are nice cars but they just don't feel right, what can I say...LOL

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote