Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #155
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
Thanks John, I still have one position on the touch pad to use and I think I'm going to do what you did with the DRLs.

JHall, good on you. You can count yourself as one of the few who can sleep at night knowing you did the right thing. I respect that.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #156
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
One of the sharpest cars Iv'e seen on here!!
OVERPAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #157
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Great job - congrats on COTW - very well deserved and it has tons of eye-candy on it. Suspension setup it the heat!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #158
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Old 04-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #159
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERPAR73 View Post
One of the sharpest cars Iv'e seen on here!!
Thank you very much for the compliment
I really wanted too put my mark on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
Great job - congrats on COTW - very well deserved and it has tons of eye-candy on it. Suspension setup it the heat!
Thank you Stand, I appreciate the COTW honor, it really made my year!!!
I'm really happy people can appreciate it and all the work that went into it....Suspension upgrades by Pedders, Pfadt, Granatelli & BMR have made it drive like a true super car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
You waiting for an update Pierre? Well we're installing the additional Pedders & Pfadt suspension parts as I type this. Arriving this week is a ZL1 fuel pump, MTI Racing Billet Tensioner, a smaller Metco Billet pulley, the custom Strut Tower Brace by River City Creations and I even splurged on some Brushed Aluminum Kick Plates with black carbon fiber SS inserts for the interior....Now I'm designing what to do with my interior & waiting for my ZL1 front bumper from Gary's Customz!

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #160
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Wow wow wow all these upgrades ? I see COTW got you on fire for a whole new level of new mods can't wait to see the car finished
Old 04-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #161
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
wow truly the epitomy of my "dream" camaro, if i had the $ lol, great job man, you sold me on the 3d carbon side vents, and kind of make me wish i went with the mpd1 hood just for the bigger cowl ... Congrats
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #162
Kronix

Quote:
Wow wow wow all these upgrades ? I see COTW got you on fire for a whole new level of new mods can't wait to see the car finished
Thanks Pierre, I'm wondering if the SS ever will be truly finished...Haha!! I hope one day it will be, and I'll say enough is enough! My problem is I always want to go faster, and although I went with SLP & their Maggie TVS 2300 Supercharger with the 5yr/100K powertrain warranty, I really think that could be going out the window. Especially since I'm considering adding gears, headers & cam......

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
wow truly the epitomy of my "dream" camaro, if i had the $ lol, great job man, you sold me on the 3d carbon side vents, and kind of make me wish i went with the mpd1 hood just for the bigger cowl ... Congrats
Thank you Tmac for the kind words! The 3dCarbon Vents were really one of the first things I knew I was doing to the body, along with Eric's MPD1 Hood, Rear Spoiler & Smooth Exhaust panel. The vents really make it different and the key thing is they're functional and serve a purpose....Your car looks pretty sick too my friend!!

Old 04-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #163
Kronix

More goodies arrived & installed this week....No, not the ZL1 Bumper yet.. Come on GM, let's go!!!

Got my ZL1 Fuel pump from Patrick @ GM Parts House

From Lupe @ River City Creations, the beautifully painted Strut Tower Brace....You da man Lupe!!

From MTI Racing, I upgraded the the stock Tensioner with their Billet Racing Tensioner & also a 87mm Billet Pulley to replace the stock plastic one.

From Jordan @ JDP Motorsports, the Pfadt Front Radius Arm Bearings & Rear Upper Control Arm Inner Bushing got installed yesterday, along with the Pedders Eccentric Full Alignment Kit (Which can be a real PIA to install!)
Just a heads up for anyone with suspension or engine questions, Jordan really knows his stuff, he's a Forum Sponsor, he races his Camaro plus other cars, and a generally nice dude that's always available to answer any questions.

Pedders Full Alignment Kit

Pfadt Parts

This is the stock bushing on the rear arm that gets replaced with the Bearing, much better design obviously. Instead of it acting like a rubber band, it'll move much smoother and really improve handling....Imagine that, if you think your stock SS handles good......

Also working on an album & posters for the car shows with the help of Photoshop guru & fellow Jersey Boy, Chris (xVengeancex28)

Here's a few sneak peaks:

So this coming week, Pedderized alignment on Monday, ZL1 Fuel pump, Strut Tower Brace, MTI Tensioner & Pulley will get installed afterwards, I'll be thinking about my custom badge placement, while waiting & praying for Gary of Gary's Customz to tell me the ZL1 bumper is in ...And patiently waiting for my custom CAI lid from Bill @ CAI, that one's going off to Emblem Pros without the glass to get Hydro-Coated the same Illusion pattern as my other under hood components, thus increasing airflow to the box courtesy of the Z-Force hood.

I'm also getting the ball rolling on swapping out the rear end to a Strange Engineering Rear End with either LPE(Lingenfelter) 3:70 or 3:91 gears, along with 1400HP Half Shaft axles & a GForce Carbon Fiber Driveshaft.....Yes, I think I'm becoming crazy, but in a good way!

Thanks again to EVERYONE for all the positive comments, support & the Car of the Week honor, it's much appreciated & keeps me motivated!

Old 04-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #164
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

I'm speechless ,just wow awesome pics car looks wicked and sharp ,I love the second pic most.
Great work John .
Old 04-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #165
ZoMBiE_KMF
Camaro Club of NM

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, Sold: [COTW 2/20/12]
I know I am a little late on this but congrats on COTW. Truly amazing car and well deserved!
Old 04-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #166
GibbyGil

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Your camaro is absolutely amazing! Every modification you picked for it seems perfect

Btw these pics remind me that I made the right decision when I ordered the Giovanna kilis
Old 04-08-2012, 10:45 PM   #167
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Love the new photos John! Very nice!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #168
Kronix

Quote:
I'm speechless ,just wow awesome pics car looks wicked and sharp ,I love the second pic most.
Great work John .
Thanks Pierre! I know you're sweating it out waiting for your Maggie install this week But believe me amigo, it'll be well worth it!! All the credit for the pics must go to Chris (xVengencex28) here on the forum, he's a real photo guru!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoMBiE_KMF View Post
I know I am a little late on this but congrats on COTW. Truly amazing car and well deserved!
No worries ZoMBIE, I'm proud to join the ranks of the COTW club! I can remember seeing one of your first photoshoots, beautiful man beautiful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibbyGil View Post
Your camaro is absolutely amazing! Every modification you picked for it seems perfect

Btw these pics remind me that I made the right decision when I ordered the Giovanna kilis
Thanks much GG, I put a lot of time & thought into each mod,, sometimes taking one step forward & then two steps back. It's all about trial & error, like if I knew I was going to do the ZL1 front bumper I probably would've only ordered a few pieces from 3dCarbon, like the Fender Vents, Side Skirts & Rear Spats, but live and learn! You're going to love the Kilis rims, very high quality & look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Love the new photos John! Very nice!
Thank you my friend, xVengencex28 does incredible photo work & he's a great guy! I'll have more pics coming!

Time to put the ZL1 Fuel Pump in.... I know it's going to be a PITA

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx