Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
Bama 2SS/RS

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Camaro seems to turn ricer idiots into d-bags

So I dropped by McDonalds to pick up some nuggets and a shake, and there were easily about 10 cars in line. I ended up pulling in behind some idiot in a mid-nineties Grand Prix, that he had riced out with a gigantic stupid two-level wing with four vertical stabilizer fins, and the entire monstrosity was taller than the roof of the car.

I would have said he had his car "riced out" but the ridiculous wing was the only thing that he seemed to have been able to afford to do to it, no "Fast and the Furious" gfx, or anything, no neons, just the stupid wing.

It also appears that he has a horrible hack-job on his exhaust. It sounded like it was a muffler/cat delete, on some raspy sounding V6, and the exhaust pipe just sort of ended a full foot in front of the rear bumper. It may not have been intentional, it may have just been rusted out at the manifold, but it sounded horrible.

Anyway, so here I come, in this shiny 2SS IOM Camaro, and I guess he was either jealous, or trying to prove he was cool, or was trying to get me to rev mine up or something. You could tell he had an automatic transmission, because he had to keep popping it into neutral to rev his car. While waiting, he'd go to neutral, rev it, show off his "bad-ass" raspy no-exhaust V6, then go back to drive. Then, when the line of cars would move up about 3 feet, he'd drop it in neutral, rev it, throw it back into drive, chirp the tires, jump forward 2 feet, and slam on the brakes. Every. Single. Time.

He gets up to the speaker, orders, then pulls up juuuuuuusst far enough for me to get my front bumper beside the speaker. He left a huge gap between himself and the car in front of him, and you could tell he was doing it on purpose, hanging back in my way for no reason. So he does his cycle of neutral-revving his car, tapping his brakes to make the lights flash in front of me. Then he decides to pull forward. So he revs the nuts off of it in neutral, slams it into drive, gets about 5 seconds of squealing tire out of it (I guess to show off to me how bad ass his Grand Prix is), jumps forward the five feet or so to close the gap and slams on his brakes again.

Anyway, lather, rinse, repeat, same stupid revving every time we stopped, until he finally gets his order and drives off. As I'm driving up to the window to get my nuggets and shake, he does the same neutral/rev/drop-in-drive burnout onto the highway. The McDonalds drive through guy just kind of leaned out the window, looked at the dumb-ass's car, looked at my car, and just started slowly shaking his head and said, "What an idiot."

I think it really cheesed off the Grand Prix ricer that I wouldn't rev mine up for him. He seemed to get more obnoxious, revving louder and longer each time, since I wouldn't play. I just figured, "Dude, I've got probably three times what you got under the hood, I don't need to show it off to you."

So, yeah, I guess the C5's have the awesome power to make ricers and wanna be ricers (I don't think a Grand Prix with a stupid wing is really enough to call the guy a full-on ricer, just a wanna be) turn into even bigger d-bag idiots. I'm not about to risk the negative consequences to race some idiot like that on the street, but I know my LS3 would have ate his p.o.s. for lunch.

Anyway, I had to snap a picture of the stupid wing while I was in line. You can also see the hack job of an exhaust setup he had. I apologize for the quality, it was low-light and taken with my Droid phone, but still a halfway decent picture. You get the idea, anyway. I just can't imagine how anyone thinks this guy's "whip" is cool, and I don't know who he thought he was impressing with his drive through engine revving, but whatever. What a tool.

Bama 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
I commend you for not taking the bait and stooping down to this guy's level....and his ride does look hideous!!!
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
Matt4949

Drives: 05 Cadi CTS, 12 Subaru Impreza
LOL I've owned a few of those (98-02 Grand Prixs) cars, all winter beaters except for the GTP. And this one is no GTP.

Can't fix stupid
Matt4949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
dragon2368
Dragon2368

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
dragon2368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #5
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65

Waste of a car.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:04 PM   #6
WaitingOnAFriend
hauls ass not asses!

Drives: Synergy Green 1LT/RS
lol that's awesome...way not to go for that...
Old 07-01-2011, 10:05 PM   #7
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
SICK!!!!!!!

...you ate McNuggets?
Old 07-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #8
woodj

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT Vert
So that's what you do in Dothan on Friday nights? Makes you want to go watch American Graffiti in the drive-in.
woodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #9
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
that thing would be fun to hang onto in the Winter when the roads are frozen with snow.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #10
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
I don't know man.......that wing, gotta add at least 40hp to the wheels.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #11
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Ever think he was revving just keep it from dyeing out. Maybe it doesn't idle well because a lack of back-pressure. Lol. Yah it's always some idiot in a car not worth the gas in the tank trying to test me. I always think "bring it to the track if it's so bad ass"
Old 07-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #12
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
I was really enjoying the story... then I scrolled down and saw the pic. Now I have to find a way to clean caffeine free diet coke from a keyboard, because a lot of it just came out of my nose.
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
pretty sure that guy is joking. if not
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #14
Bama 2SS/RS

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
SICK!!!!!

...you ate McNuggets?
Yeah, lol... They're not too great. Wendy's has way better nuggets, but is like 10 times as far from my house.

Plus, as this encounter proves, you get a WAY better class of patrons at McDonalds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodj View Post
So that's what you do in Dothan on Friday nights? Makes you want to go watch American Graffiti in the drive-in.
Ha ha...yeah, I mean, it IS Dothan, Alabama. There really isn't much to do around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Paul View Post
I was really enjoying the story... then I scrolled down and saw the pic. Now I have to find a way to clean caffeine free diet coke from a keyboard, because a lot of it just came out of my nose.
I definitely know what you mean, man. When I pulled into McDonalds and laid eyes on that pile of junk, I was just thinking, "Dude, are you serious? You're actually driving that thing around like it's cool?" When he started revving it the first time, trying to egg me on, I just busted out laughing.

Both our cars had the windows down, and I think I might have just laughed so hard that he could hear me. Maybe that played into him getting so cheesed off when I wouldn't take his bait.
Bama 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote