Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 01-24-2015, 05:32 PM   #29
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Well now, finally people are using there heads, both the Pats and a couple of independent labs have done tests. As I said, balls were filled at the inside temps of the stadium, then put in a room of 50 deg, which by the way is warmer than the game temps were and lost 1-1 1/2lbs in a short time. Haters will always hate and find excuses, make accusations and try to justify there losses.

Now that you've pissed the Pat's off beware of their wrath. lol
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 05:36 PM   #30
CFD

I don't need to do any tests, I've been putting air in tires and balls since I was a kid, about 55 yrs now and know for a fact air temps will directly affect air pressure. Nice way to distract the Pats but it ain't gonna work
Old 01-24-2015, 05:38 PM   #31
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared91 View Post
As far as the colts balls being correct I got that from ESPN on the Boston page, I could post a link just so you don't think I'm making it lol. I agree tho the legue will get it right. It's one weird situation. Even if they did do it was it really a huge advantage ?? No Imo. It's more about the principal at this point. The legue is taking this pretty serious so I'll go with their finding when it's all said and done. I'll wait till after to pass judgement. Until then I look forward to a pretty intriguing match up next Sunday.
I know you're not making it up. have no doubts it was brought up, I just never heard it from an official source.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:48 PM   #32
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Will update when I get home. Going to shop for a Mardi Gras dress with wutzername. lol
Old 01-24-2015, 07:02 PM   #33
1COR.1:18
Whosoever Will

Drives: 2010 1LT Victory Red
Patriots 34
Seahawks 17
1COR.1:18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:37 PM   #34
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Well now, finally people are using there heads, both the Pats and a couple of independent labs have done tests. As I said, balls were filled at the inside temps of the stadium, then put in a room of 50 deg, which by the way is warmer than the game temps were and lost 1-1 1/2lbs in a short time. Haters will always hate and find excuses, make accusations and try to justify there losses.

It was around 51 degrees at kickoff, and high 40's at the end of the game. Lets just make sure we have all the facts out there...

Seahawks 28
Patriots 20
Old 01-24-2015, 07:48 PM   #35
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
It was around 51 degrees at kickoff, and high 40's at the end of the game. Lets just make sure we have all the facts out there...

Seahawks 28
Patriots 20
I can walk to Gillette stadium in about 2 min from my house, believe me it was cold and raw especially with the rain, I don't know where people come up with 50 degs. It was 47 at it's highest and dipped into the low 40's at the end.

The tests that were done by the independent lab put the test balls in a room with a controlled temp of 50 deg because that is what some claim the temp was.

Another fact they brought up was that unlike the effect air temp has on your tires, footballs outer skin is obviously leather which when wet expands causing a further decrease in pressure.

People just want to run with this even though it's BS.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:27 PM   #36
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post

Actually the numbers don't quite work for this scenario to be accurate. Initial reports have determined the patriot balls were inflated to 10.5 psi at half time. Meaning they lost 2 psi from the min 12.5. We know the balls were at least 12.5 psi @ pre game check. Now last time i checked the weather and temperature were the same on the patriot's sideline and the colts' sideline. If it was due to temperature the colts ball would have lost 2 psi as well. This would mean that the colts ball would have at 11.5 psi a half time if they started at the max inflated pressure of 13.5 pre game check. For the weather/temperature rationale to hold the colts' ball should have failed as well at half time. We know that was not the case. So unless the patriots are deliberately filling their balls with hot air to pass inspection we can reasonably deduce that the balls were altered after inspection.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 11:49 PM   #37
PQ
Booooosted.

There are possibilities that would make it unintentional. People buying this blindly is no different than the rest of the faux news and propaganda.

How can so many people just 'KNOW' what happened and believe 'reports'?

PS, Mark Brunnel is a ****ing moron.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:31 AM   #38
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Anybody who buys into this deflated ball media driven hype are retards. Plain and simple, get over it.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 02:31 AM   #39
PQ
Booooosted.

It may turn out to be a total intentional cheat by Brady or the Pats. But it may turn out NOT to be. I have yet to hear or see anything that proves either way.

I hope lot's of these people do not serve jury duty. lol
Old 01-25-2015, 02:36 AM   #40
PQ
Booooosted.

So far 10 picked the Patriots and 9 picked the Seahawks.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:40 AM   #41
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Pats 27 Sea 17
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:36 AM   #42
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarowa View Post
Actually the numbers don't quite work for this scenario to be accurate. Initial reports have determined the patriot balls were inflated to 10.5 psi at half time. Meaning they lost 2 psi from the min 12.5. We know the balls were at least 12.5 psi @ pre game check. Now last time i checked the weather and temperature were the same on the patriot's sideline and the colts' sideline. If it was due to temperature the colts ball would have lost 2 psi as well. This would mean that the colts ball would have at 11.5 psi a half time if they started at the max inflated pressure of 13.5 pre game check. For the weather/temperature rationale to hold the colts' ball should have failed as well at half time. We know that was not the case. So unless the patriots are deliberately filling their balls with hot air to pass inspection we can reasonably deduce that the balls were altered after inspection.
There are so many variables you cannot be exact as you are trying to be. The point I'm trying to make is that there are very reasonable, simple, provable and plausible scientific explanations
that would explain what happened rather than jumping on the band wagon and blindly accusing someone of cheating