Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-29-2009, 10:42 PM   #1
Yellojacket

Drives: 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
Clear bra installer in the D.C. metro area

Just wondering if anyone has had a bra installed in Baltimore D.C area, with who and how much did it cost? The guy who did my mazdaspeed back in 05 is in ohio and when I run home to Pittsburgh to see family I can just head arross the border and have him install one. His price is $840 total and covers all the areas in the pic below. Just wondering if anyone around here can do better on the price/coverage???
Attached Images

Yellojacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:16 AM   #2
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 Jeep SRT-8
Coverage is easy... there are other kit pieces avaialble for the Camaro and your installer should be able to get them. As far as price goes lets say "cheaper is not always better". I am heading to San Antonio soon to work on yet another car where supposedly this "great installer who works on high end cars" just completely cut up the paint. Every single line on the car was cut (except across the hood) and the installer went into the paint when he trimmed it up. Fortunately the owner was wise enough to see the tale tell signs of it and is having him remove all of the film. So I highly recommend going with kits (they provide the EXACT same coverage that custom jobs do for the Camaro without the worry of cutting on the vehicle) and with an installer that is experienced and you feel comfortable with. If you were happy with your last install go with him. I will tell you the price is very good for the above coverage (Iam about $250 higher with the rocker panels included). I would add the pieces that go in front of the rear wheels (where it flares out) and the lower rear bumper behind the rear wheels. Anything more is overkill... oh besides the door cups. Those are a must but shouldnt really cost you anymore than it already is.

I have been up to the DC area for some install work over the last couple of years. From speaking with my clients up there I do not know of anyone I can personally recommend to you... so you may be better off going with your last installer.
htp autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote