Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #15
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Drives: the magic school bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by LED KING View Post
It is beyond me on why they did not include the HUD and the back up camera in the 1SS. A matter a fact.. Those two options should be included on even the 1LT (maybe the LS?)
Because then nobody would get the 2LT/2SS. They would all get the 1LT/1SS and just throw in the stuff they want. I'm sure a lot of the 2SS2/LT folk went that route because of HUD only. I know I did. In a perfect world, I would've got the 1SS with HUD and USB port.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #16
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
As far as gas goes...its gonna cost about $5-$10 more per fill up for 93.... but you are also gonna fill up more with the V8.

I drive in 6th gear as much as possible and still use quite a bit of gas.

I use to have a V6 before the V8 and I can notice a huge difference...but I didn't get the car expecting great gas mileage. I get roughly 230-250 miles per tank in the V8 with 60/40 hwy driving...where I could get 350-380 in the V6 with the same driving.

I suggest if the budget is tight, and you don't mind the V6...get it....the gas mileage is fantastic.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:21 AM   #17
Bangarang

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT SIM w/ Carbon Fiber
The V6 is more than enough for what most people need on day to day driving. I've personally never had a V8 sports car before though, so I can't compare it very well I suppose.

I put 93/94 in my car just cause I was running it on 87 and tried one fill up of 93 and it was a world of difference. It seemed a lot more responsive while driving. I also hardly notice the price increase at the pump, 'cause I actually get a little better gas mileage.

I'm also interested in seeing the result from swapping gears

Also, if your going to buy a Camaro you should be ready to put some money into adding mods. It's addictive, especially when your browsing this forum seeing what everyone else is doing
Old 01-03-2012, 07:19 AM   #18
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
I drove many people home new years eve on account of me not being a big drinker and let me tell you, drunk people can't tell the difference lol.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:25 AM   #19
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by asalomon View Post
V6 it is. I won't have to worry about premium gas and what not, which is always good. Save at the pump, save a bit on insurance. TJ91, I'm also from Toronto. One of the reasons I was looking at getting the 1LT as oppose to the 2LT (actually the only reason, aside from price of course) is the leather. I'm not hearing good things about it. How are you liking it in current Toronto temperatures? Is it holding up? People have said that the Camaro's leather quality is a bit lacking..

Also, what is causing your V6 to use as much fuel as a V8?

The leather is not as fine quality say as some more refined cars ie cadillac,lincoln,infinity etc. but mine seems to be holding up okay.
I like the features combination of my 2LT/RS
HUD is amazing and has saved my a@@ on the highway when I first got it.I did not realize how fast I was going.
My V6 does not get gas mileage as posted but I am not complaining.Car has more than enough power for the GTA unless you plan on going to the track.
I went for the loaded V6.Same considerations as you.
Premium gas prices in Toronto,insurance costs etc.
Also I knew I would be storing it for the winter and my wife also wants a new car, so I was trying to keep the price tag down.
I absolutely love my vert.
The 5th gen camaros are like an addiction,once you drive one you can't stop.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #20
Pain505

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley View Post
I drove many people home new years eve on account of me not being a big drinker and let me tell you, drunk people can't tell the difference lol.

Sent From My Droid
Old 01-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #21
Hendu

Drives: 2SS 45th Anniv LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
I'm sure a lot of the 2SS2/LT folk went that route because of HUD only.
Plenty of other reasons I chose the 2SS over jus the HUD, but I will say this; it's my first car with a HUD and I don't think I could have a car without a HUD now.

Mods:
Hurst short throw shifter,Heritage Grille, CAI Inc. cai, Window tint, skip shift eliminator, footwell lighting

To-Do List:
New Exhaust (or muffler delete)
P13w's
and More TBD
Old 01-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #22
Pain505

V6 is powerful man dont let anyone tell you diff. Its a sports car so this engine is made for speed. Yes it is not a v8 people (quit talking down on us because of this, yours is missin 2 cyl if you compare it to a v10 n u dont hear us talking smack) but what you also get is good gas mileage. When i got my car i swear i was getting a v8 but like within the last 5 min before signing i switched it to a ls just to bring the price tag down quite a bit and save on insurance. I got a good price on it, im single, livin wit parents for now, hopefully that changes soon, and i also am not wasting too much on gas, i would say i put about $60-65 a week with 91 octane (highest avail here) i mean comone who else can say they drive a 2012 and are only paying $300 a month plus 200 insurance. Its a great car man for what it is. If your going to supercharge, turbocharge, cam it out etc, v8 is the way to go. Good luck with your decision. Its a great car no matter what route you choose

Sent From My Droid
Old 01-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #23
MiamiSS6.2
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
V8 is the way to go. Sooner or later you will regret getting a 6 banger trust me. Look around all the v6 guys end up trading up for an SS
Old 01-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #24
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Yep.

Mary - Orange Camaros Rule!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #25
Pain505

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiSS6.2 View Post
V8 is the way to go. Sooner or later you will regret getting a 6 banger trust me. Look around all the v6 guys end up trading up for an SS
Really? I still got my V6..... that statement seems pretty false too me....

Sent From My Droid
Old 01-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #26
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I traded in my 2007 Charger R/T for my 2010 "SS". I guess you could say I was used to a V8, so I never even thought about anything other than a Camaro with a V8. I wanted a manual because "real" muscle cars have a manual and I didn't want to give up the 26HP by getting an automatic (and lucky for me I found my SS in my colour, my tranny, and no sunroof). Now with you living in Toronto, its a whole other ball game. I couldn't imagine driving a manual there (I'm from Belleville and sometimes I get frustrated with the traffic lights here ). And where are you going to let all of the 426HP loose? Maybe on the 401, but if you're driving mainly city, no where. And you'll be happier when it comes time to refuel. I really don't even look at how much is going in. I just keep going until the pump shuts off. If we (my wife & I) were convertible people, I think I would have gotten a loaded V6 convertible. Probably 98% of the time I don't regret getting my "SS", but there is absolutely nothing wrong with a fully loaded 2LT (leather, 20" wheels etc). It will be fun to mod the engine to increase HP!! Oh and as far as insurance goes, I'm only paying $59 more PER YEAR on my "SS" than for my winter beater/work car.....a 2002 Honda Civic. Figure that one out
Old 01-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #27
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
I was torn between a 2010 2ss or a 2012 1lt/rs same price.(I actually bought an LS but then upgraded to the 1LT/RS package).I chose the v6 because they are the better car. Safety, economy, power and lets not forget how flipping gorgeous these new 2012 cars are v8 or v6. I'm partial to the slightly more modern look of the 2012 interior over the retro style 10-11 models. If your going LS then the 2012 is by far the best over the two(Bluetooth,spoiler,RS tail lights for all 2012 models)....

I'm not saying to get a v6 over the v8, that would be silly. What I'm saying is, I bought a v6 and I'm super happy and have no regrets or problems with my decision. Once I get behind the wheel the car wins me over and over and over again.

I've also seen many people trade up from a 2010 to 2012 without adding cylinders so it does happen.

Last edited by JoshBobGuptaMarley; 01-03-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #28
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiSS6.2 View Post
and gals

I had a 1LT w the same mods my SS has (c sig) for 7 mths. At the end of the day, v8 FTW. Some r happy w the v6 and if u r great!! But some,myself included, the v8 was the way to go. The performance is amazing and def worth it.

Closed Thread