Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-04-2014, 11:39 PM   #43
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMTHEDANGER View Post
Poor Challenger. If they slimmed it down to look more like the '70 challenger it'd be a huge hit. But no, it has to be big, bulky, and awkward.
Also, if they made the Charger a 2-door.
Definitely, not true! The 70's challenger isn't as appealing and mean looking as these! It's the interior and Dodge reliability issue! Plus, The award winning Camaro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Camaro's still the champ!
That's all that matters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
"Nobody's going to buy the 2014s."

Drama ... You would! LOL... Still not a fan of those taillights! But others like them!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:53 AM   #44
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord View Post
Admittedly I thought after 2-3 years the pent up demand for Camaro would be used up and tilt the sales back to the Mustang. But I think now the Camaro styling clearly appeals to a new younger buyer and has what enabled Camaro to hold onto a slim lead. The strength of the Mustang brand is what now is enabling the Mustang to still generate such strong numbers so deep into the S197 production run.

Even the weight issue is a concern to diehards like me I think most buyers don't give a rats behind which car is heavier. The biggest issue IMHO is which car appeals more to the younger demographic.
Its a combination of healthy incentives and a fleet rate that has been around 30% which is keeping the Mustangs sales where it is. Though that doesn't take away from the fact that it is a good little car.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:26 AM   #45
FastFord

Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
Its a combination of healthy incentives and a fleet rate that has been around 30% which is keeping the Mustangs sales where it is. Though that doesn't take away from the fact that it is a good little car.
This fleet argument gets me, what are we talking about? rental cars at a airport? People who love to use the "fleet" argument act like the Mustang is the new Crown Victoria of fleet sales but I don't see Mustangs used as taxicabs, government agency vehicles or for private company commercial use (when I worked as an engineering consultant we typically had Ford Tauruses).

Where are you getting this 30% fleet number from? is it documented somewhere? The only documented sales numbers I see is what Enator gets, the monthly retail new car deliveries that each manufacturer reports which yes a probably a very small percentage of Mustangs and Camaros are sold as rental cars at Airports but not much else. I think either car would need more of a back seat for a bigger fleet impact.
FastFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:56 AM   #46
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
'14 1SS 1LE, did my paperwork on 5/30/14
Old 06-05-2014, 06:10 AM   #47
Spoolin

Drives: 2014 SW 1LE
This is obviously a personal opinion, but I never liked the 5th gen styling all that much. I thought they could be made to look good but I disliked both the front end and the tail lights of the early 5th gen's when compared to the refresh. Always loved Camaro's but could never like it enough to pull the trigger until this year when I bought my '14 1LE.

So technically you can classify me as a new Camaro owner due to the re-style, otherwise I would of never bought one.
Spoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:23 AM   #48
GARYSSS

Drives: 2010 2SSRS M6 Rally Yellow
I have a Camaro and Challenger and both are great cars. Challenger sales are increasing every year and have over doubled since 2009. They also have done a refresh for 2015 and added some great editions to their lineup.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:54 AM   #49
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin View Post
This is obviously a personal opinion, but I never liked the 5th gen styling all that much. I thought they could be made to look good but I disliked both the front end and the tail lights of the early 5th gen's when compared to the refresh. Always loved Camaro's but could never like it enough to pull the trigger until this year when I bought my '14 1LE.

So technically you can classify me as a new Camaro owner due to the re-style, otherwise I would of never bought one.
That is one of the reasons for the refresh, to bring in new buyers...
Congratulations.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:54 AM   #50
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
I'm also glad the Gen5 is still selling strong !! If I was a Mustang lover, I'd be very disappointed in the 2015. It didn't change enough and looks too much like a Fusion.

I'm confident the Gen6 will continue to be a success much like the Gen1 to Gen2 change.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:00 AM   #51
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord View Post
Dominance?? Looking at the charts it looks like Camaro's sales lead is by a butt hair
When you consider the past 45+ years the Mustang outsold the Camaro by huge margins it is still impressive the Camaro has outsold the Mustang for the last 5 years....
Don't worry, your little pony will take the lead again.....maybe...
Old 06-05-2014, 08:03 AM   #52
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
When you consider the past 45+ years the Mustang outsold the Camaro by huge margins it is still impressive the Camaro has outsold the Mustang for the last 5 years....
I more impressed that a 10 year design (s197) is RIGHT there with the camaro in sales.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:45 AM   #53
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
I more impressed that a 10 year design (s197) is RIGHT there with the camaro in sales.
True, it's because the Camaro has forced ford to improve the Mustang faster that it did in the previous 7 years when there was no Camaro... The competition has made both cars sell well and be better cars than if there was no competitor.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 06-05-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #54
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
It must be an Ohio thing but I see a lot of Challengers running around here and very few Camaros. A lot of Mustangs too but more Challengers... I wonder if all those Challengers were sold in Ohio
Old 06-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #55
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
The drought of camaros from 03-10 definitely is a major factor in that IMO.

Quote:
Quote:
True, it's because the Camaro has forced ford to improve the Mustang faster that it did in the previous 7 years when there was no Camaro... The competition has made both cars sell well and be better cars than if there was no competitor.
This ^ competition is the best thing ever for enthusiasts.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:18 PM   #56
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
I do not know why you are shocked about this?, there are many things you can do in order to boost sales of a vehicle. You can start to introduce incremental improvements of the airplane (which Ford did), you can increase fleet sales (which Ford did), and you can offer some really good incentives at times (which Ford also does).

I will say that the one thing that Ford did prove, is its not 100% about the components that you use but its more about how you tune it all to work together.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote