Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 02-26-2015, 07:00 PM   #1
CyberGreyConvertible
Dunder Mifflin Inc.

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
HELP - Installing Oracle Mailslot Scanner

I'm installing the Oracle Mailslot scanner, and I'm having problems. The scanner is powered on CONSTANTLY. Once I connect the power to the fuse box bolt/lead, the scanner immediately comes on and the remote is not shutting it off. The battery is brand new in the remote, but the scanner will not turn off. It just keeps glowing.

While installing it, the car is off, I don't know if that affects it. The scanner just will not turn off or respond to the remote. I need help!!

Black wire is going to ground (screwed into the body of the car)
Red is going under the bolt that's attached to the fuse box.

I followed Oracle's video, but the scanner is just constantly on.

Help, please! I appreciate all input!
CyberGreyConvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:02 PM   #2
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGreyConvertible View Post
I'm installing the Oracle Mailslot scanner, and I'm having problems. The scanner is powered on CONSTANTLY. Once I connect the power to the fuse box bolt/lead, the scanner immediately comes on and the remote is not shutting it off. The battery is brand new in the remote, but the scanner will not turn off. It just keeps glowing.

While installing it, the car is off, I don't know if that affects it. The scanner just will not turn off or respond to the remote. I need help!!

Black wire is going to ground (screwed into the body of the car)
Red is going under the bolt that's attached to the fuse box.

I followed Oracle's video, but the scanner is just constantly on.

Help, please! I appreciate all input!
Had the same issue, remote was no good, even after I changed the battery, you will need to send it back
Old 02-26-2015, 07:07 PM   #3
CyberGreyConvertible
Dunder Mifflin Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
Had the same issue, remote was no good, even after I changed the battery, you will need to send it back

Send the remote back or the whole scanner + remote?
Old 02-26-2015, 07:11 PM   #4
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Whole kit. Their is a form to fill out as well. I did not bother as it was a gift and its just sitting in my basement. I made my own using strips from autozone
Old 02-26-2015, 07:13 PM   #5
CyberGreyConvertible
Dunder Mifflin Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
Whole kit. Their is a form to fill out as well. I did not bother as it was a gift and its just sitting in my basement. I made my own using strips from autozone

Ugh, you've gotta be kidding me...
Old 02-26-2015, 07:22 PM   #6
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGreyConvertible View Post
Ugh, you've gotta be kidding me...

Sorry but try to return. Good luck
Old 02-26-2015, 07:49 PM   #7
CyberGreyConvertible
Dunder Mifflin Inc.

I'd honestly rather put out a campfire with my face than have to send this scanner to them. I'm so sick of waiting on this stuff, this whole year can be summed up with the statement "This thing that I paid a lot of money for took a month to get here and isn't working".
Old 11-04-2015, 12:50 AM   #8
taf21979

Drives: 2013 2ss vert
I'm having the same issue with mine this is my 2nd one after Oracle installed the first on at camaro fest it would not turn off. I ended up sending it back and Oracle shipped me a new one,worked great for 2 days then SOS scanner would not turn off so I call Oracle and they tell me the first one tested fine and that it must just be my car to send it back for a refund. I haven't had time to uninstall yet but I'm not happy with this product at all. Customer service was good but scanner is junk.
taf21979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:44 AM   #9
atressler85

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
I had a slightly different problem. Mine would just randomly turn on, but the remote would turn it off. After 4 days, it stopped working altogether so I returned it and got a full refund. Great customer service, not the best product.

K&N CAI, BBK Headers, Borla Exhaust
Stripes, 6.2L hood badges, splash guards
Painted: fog bezels, engine cover, mail slot
atressler85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 04:23 PM   #10
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I decided to try and be clever and tap mine into a headlight lead so it would only be on at night. Little did I know it would default back to a full green light pattern every time it restarted. At this point I don't know if I want to fix it, get rid of it, or just leave it disconnected. Also waited a month for the thing to even get here....
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote