Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
DLyle

Drives: ZL-1
My new ZL1!!!

On May 21st I went in to my local Chevy dealer (Capitol Chevrolet) to look at a ZL1. I'd been searching inventory within a few states and wasn't finding what I wanted. I asked the sales guy if I could order one and he says the deadline had passed for the 2013's. I told him I wasn't interested in the redesign for the 2014 and asked him to check again to make sure the deadline hadn't passed. He got online with the Business Center and they told him the cutoff was May 23. Now I'm feeling the pressure because if I want MY 2013 I have to make up my mind fast.

The next day I went in and placed my order. They couldn't guarantee me that they had the allocation but the order gets placed and I cross my fingers. A couple days later Becky confirms that the order was accepted by Chevy.

I ordered a Rally Yellow ZL-1 with the Bright 5 spoke wheels, NAV, Sunroof, auto transmission, carbon fiber hood, trunk mat, cargo organizer, cargo net, and interior illumination. MSRP came out to $63,045.

Now it's time to sit back and wait for the car to be built. As many of you have found out waiting for a car to get built and shipped will turn any grown up back in to a 8 year old waiting for Christmas to arrive. The time just doesn't go by fast enough.

All the while I tracked the Camaro on this website. Becky gave me almost daily updates...sorry Becky. The car is finally Built on 6/22. I expected it to be bayed forever but it didn't take too long. It was loaded on a rail car on 6/27 and was at my dealer on 7/9. Later that day I was at the dealer for pick-up.

The whole experience was a positive one. My salesguy Keith Reynolds was a breeze to work with. No BS. I got the car for a total of $2,500 under MSRP. Could have actually got $500+ off from other dealers but I was crunched for time and just had to get the car ordered.

Here's a few pictures of the car in my driveway. This thing is AWESOME. Haven't gone above 3,200 RPM's but even doing that is fast. I had a couple of SRT8 Chargers so I can't wait to compare the two on power.

If anyone is looking for a car in the San Jose bay area you should check out Capitol Chevrolet. They have 8 ZL1's on the lot and 2 1LE's.
Attached Images

2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet 5/24
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control 5/30/13
3300 Order Selected and Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant 6/10/13
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production (Internal Plant Order Produced) 6/17/13
3800 Vehicle Produced 6/22/13
4B00 Bayed ("B", not 8) 6/22/13
4200 Vehicle Shipped 6/27/13
Railcar Unloaded 7/7/13
Delivered to Dealer and I took delivery 7/9/13

Last edited by DLyle; 07-15-2013 at 07:39 PM.
DLyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
babigguy

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2015 Z51 vette 2005 gto
Congrats!!!! Looks good!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Nice. Why no black wheels?
URBAN LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
koolisdon2006

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS L99 Victory Red
Congrats Man Look's Gorgeous...
koolisdon2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
ZL1 Spoked

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Manual right!!

604 RWHP 602 LBS/TQ
ZL1 Spoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #6
45th4ken

Drives: 45th Anniversary
Mice! I mean nice!
45th4ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #7
ModBargains.com

Drives: Widebody 2013 Mustang GT
Nice! Looks awesome!
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #8
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Congrats and Enjoy!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #9
BeachBum

Drives: 2012 (ZL-1) #468
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLyle View Post
On May 21st I went in to my local Chevy dealer (Capitol Chevrolet) to look at a ZL1. I'd been searching inventory within a few states and wasn't finding what I wanted. I asked the sales guy if I could order one and he says the deadline had passed for the 2013's. I told him I wasn't interested in the redesign for the 2014 and asked him to check again to make sure the deadline hadn't passed. He got online with the Business Center and they told him the cutoff was May 23. Now I'm feeling the pressure because if I want MY 2013 I have to make up my mind fast.

The next day I went in and placed my order. They couldn't guarantee me that they had the allocation but the order gets placed and I cross my fingers. A couple days later Becky confirms that the order was accepted by Chevy.

I ordered a Rally Yellow ZL-1 with the Bright 5 spoke wheels, NAV, Sunroof, trunk mat, cargo organizer, cargo net, and interior illumination. MSRP came out to $63,045.

Now it's time to sit back and wait for the car to be built. As many of you have found out waiting for a car to get built and shipped will turn any grown up back in to a 8 year old waiting for Christmas to arrive. The time just doesn't go by fast enough.

All the while I tracked the Camaro on this website. Becky gave me almost daily updates...sorry Becky. The car is finally Built on 6/22. I expected it to be bayed forever but it didn't take too long. It was loaded on a rail car on 6/27 and was at my dealer on 7/9. Later that day I was at the dealer for pick-up.

The whole experience was a positive one. My salesguy Keith Reynolds was a breeze to work with. No BS. I got the car for a total of $2,500 under MSRP. Could have actually got $500+ off from other dealers but I was crunched for time and just had to get the car ordered.

Here's a few pictures of the car in my driveway. This thing is AWESOME. Haven't gone above 3,200 RPM's but even doing that is fast. I had a couple of SRT8 Chargers so I can't wait to compare the two on power.

If anyone is looking for a car in the San Jose bay area you should check out Capitol Chevrolet. They have 8 ZL1's on the lot and 2 1LE's.
Gotta Love The Color - Congrats
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #10
Combover

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Looks great, big time congrats!
Combover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #11
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
Nice color choice.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLyle View Post

I ordered a Rally Yellow ZL-1 with the Bright 5 spoke wheels, NAV, Sunroof, trunk mat, cargo organizer, cargo net, and interior illumination. MSRP came out to $63,045.

Congratulations DLyle!

It looks fantastic! I'm happy the process went smoothly for you and now your vehicle of choice is in your driveway. Please continue to enjoy it and feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

All the best ,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #13
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
That really looks nice! I am glad you went with the silver wheels. All I have seen is the black wheels on this color so it is good to be different!
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #14
LBV

Drives: G8 GXP manual
Looks beautiful ... my choice of wheels too (hate the black wheel craze).

Zeta platform, LS3,TR6060 tranny ... ya, it's a 4-dr Camaro!

Borla cat-back, H&R springs, & Sprintbooster & I love it!
LBV is offline   Reply With Quote