Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Help Sorting Out Suspension Mods

I currently have a stock set-up on my car, but I am trying to determine if the parts I have purchased and the parts I am planning on purchasing will work well together or if I will just have a Frankenstein mess under my car when I am finished.

I would like to keep my stock ride quality, although I do understand some of the compromises between ride quality and performance. I am interested in Auto-X and road courses although I have never completed in either, but I plan on hitting the drag strip a lot more.

I currently have Eibach sway bars on the way, as I found a great deal from a member here on the website. I have also been planning on a full bushing kit from Pedders, trailing arms and toe rods form BMR, Hotchkis end links, and either Hotchkis or BMR sub-frame connectors. I am also debating on a strut tower brace, but I am not sure about drilling the strut towers and I also don't want to cover up my signatures from C5Fest.

Although I like the way the lower cars look, lowering springs are not feasible for me, as I live on a farm and have to drive about 3/4 of a mile down a dirt road to get to my house. I also know some of the parts will likely require an alignment and I plan on getting a full alignment after all of the parts are installed, but I would like to install these myself as weekend projects and need to know which parts would require an alignment, to be able to drive the car after I install them.

If there are also any other parts to consider that will help out in these areas, I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for the help.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac

Last edited by K1SSRSS; 03-08-2012 at 09:57 AM.
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
It sounds like you have your bases pretty well covered. We have a full line of suspension and chassis parts for your car so if you have any questions or are ready to order give us a call and we can get you taken care of.

Kyle
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
I currently have a stock set-up on my car, but I am trying to determine if the parts I have purchased and the parts I am planning on purchasing will work well together or if I will just have a Frankenstein mess under my car when I am finished.

I would like to keep my stock ride quality, although I do understand some of the compromises between ride quality and performance. I am interested in Auto-X and road courses although I have never completed in either, but I plan on hitting the drag strip a lot more.

I currently have Eibach sway bars on the way, as I found a great deal from a member here on the website. I have also been planning on a full bushing kit from Pedders, trailing arms and toe rods form BMR, Hotchkis end links, and either Hotchkis or BMR sub-frame connectors. I am also debating on a strut tower brace, but I am not sure about drilling the strut towers and I also don't want to cover up my signatures from C5Fest.

Although I like the way the lower cars look, lowering springs are not feasible for me, as I live on a farm and have to drive about 3/4 of a mile down a dirt road to get to my house. I also know some of the parts will likely require an alignment and I plan on getting a full alignment after all of the parts are installed, but I would like to install these myself as weekend projects and need to know which parts would require an alignment, to be able to drive the car after I install them.

If there are also any other parts to consider that will help out in these areas, I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Looks like you are headed down the right path.You can install the sway bars,
links,strut tower brace and the frame connectors without doing the alignment but the other suspension mods will need to be aligned after they are replaced.Once you have replaced the bushings you may not need the sub frame connectors.The new camaro's body is much stronger than the older
f bodies that needed all of the frame connectors ect.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote