Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #29
mrpre10der

are we getting onstar and xm in the united states and also police tracking .im not understanding this to well its friday
Old 03-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #30
99b4c

Drives: 89 RS/99 GTP/1SS soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I'm cutting my antenna off and having a reputable body shop weld in a piece of steel in the hole, and then smooth, paint, and finish it so you could never tell there was anything there.

I'm also removing the stock rear view mirror with all the onstar buttons and installing an auto dimming mirror with homelink built in (since I'm getting a 1SS).
I want a 1SS without the antenna from the factory, I just dont see welding a hole in the roof closed on a brand new car. I really wanted to keep my 1SS completely stock, just drive this one and enjoy it but that antenna will always bother me, its the little details IMO. Just wish my Camaro could have the Onstar delete RPO on its sticker.
99b4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #31
99b4c

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrc250 View Post
Per fastball's request I am posting this question. There has been several members question whether you could get rid of OnStar and XM especially the shark fin. Does anyone have an answer with the order code to delete? I know from the window sticker on #38 that is headed to Puerto Rico the XM and OnStar both were deleted, or unavailable as the sticker reads. So the big question is since XM and OnStar aren't available on this one is there a shark fin antenna there? See below....
I'm just going to tell the salesman I am moving to Puerto Rico soon to save myself the $185 off the sticker. There must be a delete code, this car has deductions off the sticker price.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #32
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8846
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #33
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyforall1776 View Post
What I want to know is where is the HD RADIO?! It should be standard, not to mention at least an OPTION for NAV Screen!
An OPTION to rearrange the entire dash to fit a 5 inch screen.... yeah that wouldn't cost a few bucks.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:28 PM   #34
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
OnStar is a marketing scheme designed to make more money for GM, that's all it is.

Within a month after I buy my 1SS, the sharkfin is comming off and the hole sealed, and the rear view mirror is getting removed for an auto dimming with built in homelink. Since neither of those come with the 1SS, I'll kill 3 birds with one stone: get rid of the mirror with onstar buttons, get the auto dim function, and get the Homelink.
good plan.
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:34 PM   #35
99b4c

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
There is no delete code listed in autobook for the Camaro.
Camaro Scotty, if there is no delete code then what code is making the deductions off the sticker?
Old 04-13-2009, 05:07 PM   #36
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
my .02 cents is that the shark fin will still be there but because of their location they can't get the actual subscription based service for either. From what I've heard the shark fin will be on every car coming out of the factory.
That's what I'm guessing too. If you don't want the shark fin, take it to a body shop and have it removed and the area closed off and touched-up.
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote