Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 08-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #1
Brangeta

Drives: '95 Z28 and '02 SS 35thLE
Red face [DFW] Dallas Area 35th LE Gathering -- September 26, 2009

We will be having a 35th Anniversary Edition Camaro SS gathering at the Cars & Coffee event in Plano, TX at the end of September. This requires no event planning on our part, and C&C would be happy to have us, as they accept all enthusiast vehicles free of charge. We will not be imposing on them with special notions of a 35th LE gathering, nor planning anything special on their premises. We will respect their rules--especially NO BURNOUTS, and NO SQUEALING your tires. We will not impose on Classic BMW's staff by staying past the time of the event. We do not have special arrangements with them, and will not impose in any way. Please keep that in mind.

All Camaros and Firebirds are welcome to come, however, if you see a 35th Anniversary Edition Camaro SS and are not driving one yourself, please do not park next to the 35th LE. Please allow another 35th LE to have that space.

Sample photo from the July show:

Background:
The Cars & Coffee meet at Classic BMW (in Plano) on the last Saturday of the month (every month) has been gaining popularity with all car enthusiasts in Dallas ever since it started in May 2009. At July's meet, supposedly over 250 cars of various makes and models showed up throughout the show, always with room for at least another hundred at any given time from my observation. The event is becoming extremely popular for many reasons...

*No entry fee -- no fees of any kind for that matter, besides the price of coffee if you choose to partake

*No time or space requirements -- you can come and go as you please -- stay 5 minutes, or stay until you're the last car there, it simply doesn't matter.

*No "riff raff" -- the meets take place so early on Saturday mornings that the people who normally ruin car shows by showing off and getting everyone in trouble aren't awake yet (my opinion only)

*Not a lot of worrying -- you can park your car, lock it, leave the hood down, and walk away. Not many people bring lawn chairs and guard their cars. It's simply not that type of event. I would say that 80% of the cars have their hood down and are just parked at the event.

*The area -- the area of the dealership is an extremely good, safe area. The only people who stand by and watch their cars are the ones who open up their hoods and doors for people to look inside.

*Professional photographers -- Professional photographers roam the event taking photos; most of which end up on flickr.com. I'm sure a crowd of 5 or more 35th LEs would attract some attention at the show and result in some great photos being put online of our cars.

For more information on Cars & Coffee, please visit their official site.
http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info

The Plan:
The August C&C is coming up on the 29th and is (1) too soon to involve a great many in the event and (2) too hot outside to be comfortable for more than an hour for most people, so we'll wait until September when Dallas is at least below 100 degrees hopefully.

You'll need to drive to the location and enter the show. Someone with a walkie talkie will stop you, talk to you, and tell you where the other American cars are located and direct you to the numbered row you can park in. If we are able to, we will all be parked together in the same rows. If not, as the crowd disperses after 10 or 10:30am, we'll relocate the cars to get some nice photos.

All Camaros and Firebirds are of course invited, but the main purpose of this event is to have a 35th Anniversary Edition Camaro SS reunion of sorts. If you have a 4th gen, bring it. It'd be neat to have a large 4th gen showing in the very least! However, as I already stated, please do not park next to a 35th LE if you are not driving one yourself. Please leave that space open for another 35th LE if possible.

Afterwards, if people are interested, we can perhaps go have a drive somewhere, have breakfast somewhere, etc.

The Date, Location, Time, etc.:

Date and time may change, but should be...

September 26, 2009
Approximately 8am til Noon (most people at past shows get there before 9 and leave before 10)
West parking lot at Classic BMW
6800 Dallas Parkway
Plano, TX 75024

Directions:

If coming from the South, take the Dallas North Tollway north, exit Spring Creek Parkway onto Dallas Parkway (the tollway's service road), go straight through the light at Spring Creek Parkway, and there is always a sign that says Cars & Coffee, and you turn right and enter the show.

RSVP:

RSVP if you'll be bringing your 35th LE to this event. We don't need an RSVP for the number of people, nor the number of non-35th LE cars. Just an RSVP for each 35th LE coming so we can have an idea of how many will be there.

Definitely bringing a 35th LE:
1. Brangeta
2. AnnivSS from LS1tech
3. 35thLE02 from LS1tech
4. fastimes35th from LS1tech
5. TX35th (35thle name)/2fast97z (LS1tech name)

Maybe bringing a 35th LE:
1. runninron from 35thle
2. Brad Gibbs from 35thle

If you are on the Maybe list, please let me know in this topic if your plans have changed from Maybe to Definitely as the event draws nearer.

The main location for the RSVP list is on 35thle.com in this topic on the message board: http://35thle.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/...=101605#101605

You have to be registered on the forum to see the topic, so you can do that if you like, but it's not required. You can RSVP here instead, and I'll add you to the official list on that topic. I'll try to keep this list up to date with members RSVPing from all the different forums, but my first priority is the list on 35thle.com's board.

Member of the Camaro5 - DFW Group

Last edited by Brangeta; 08-23-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Brangeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
RedRaider

Drives: 2000 Tahoe LT, 2010 2LT/RS
Cool, this may be the first event I can take my new 5th gen to. TPW 8/31.
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:25 PM   #3
Brangeta

Very cool. There was a 5th gen at the June show.

For the most part though, the F-body owners haven't been making a showing at this event yet. The Corvette guys obviously got word (there were at least 30 C5 and C6 there last month), Shelby Cobra guys (at least 8), and the Nissan Z guys too (at least 20 of various years). Right now, it's been mostly them, the exotic car owners, German cars, and miscellaneous here-and-there cars.

Time to change that I think.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
Guthdawg

Drives: 2017 SS Camaro
Sounds good !!
Guthdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
Brangeta

Updated RSVP list!

Old 08-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #6
Brangeta

Bump to the top. Don't want this ending up on the 2nd page.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:20 PM   #7
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Drives: Awesome
Nice! I will definitely have this date marked on the Calender. I'll hopefully have my exhauset and CAI done by this.
chrisgalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #8
Brangeta

We've got 5 confirmed 35th Anni SSes showing up now.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:23 PM   #9
Brangeta

Updated the RSVP list

Old 08-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #10
Brangeta

Here are pictures from yesterday's Cars & Coffee. It was huge! 430 cars showed up!

http://s985.photobucket.com/albums/a...ffee%20Dallas/

Runninron even came in his 35th LE.

Next month's event with the 35th Anni Edition gathering should be awesome! But we'll all need to show up early to guarantee a good spot!

All Camaros are of course invited, but 4th gens would be most interesting to see. :yes:

Old 09-21-2009, 03:22 PM   #11
Brangeta

BUMP! It's this upcoming Saturday guys. Get your RSVPs in if you'll be bringing a 35th Anni SS.

Anybody else is of course invited to come to C&C.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:24 AM   #12
Brangeta

--------FINALIZED PLANS FOR SATURDAY--------

8am - 12noon --- Cars & Coffee --- West parking lot at Classic BMW, 6800 Dallas Parkway, Plano, TX 75024

Show up before 8am if possible so that all of our cars can easily be parked together.

If you are not driving a 35th Anniversary Edition Camaro SS, please do not park next to another 35th LE. Please allow another 35th LE to have that space so we can all be next to each other. For further information about C&C and what the show is all about, please see the first post in this topic.

We will attempt to have a photoshoot of just the 35th LEs when other cars start leaving, which if past shows mean anything... that will be around 10:30. The sunlight will be a bit better for photographs the later we have it (parking spots face east-west and the sun will be in the east giving us harsh lighting conditions). Anybody who is interested in taking part in the next session... we'll leave as a group and head to...

12noon - 1pm --- Flippen Park in the Highland Park neighborhood --- Versailles Ave and Lomo Alto Dr. Dallas, TX 75205

After C&C is over, we'll all go back to Dallas and have a photoshoot at the beautiful Flippen Park in Highland Park.

We will likely be going south from Plano to Dallas on Preston Rd to avoid getting separated on the Tollway.

We will be passing by the United States' first recognized shopping center -- Highland Park Village on Preston and Mockingbird. For those coming from out of town, Highland Park is one of the richest and oldest neighborhoods in Dallas. It is technically considered a town by some, however it is within the boundaries of Dallas. The entire town was designed by the same architect that designed Beverly Hills. The name Highland Park came to be from the many parks within the neighborhood and how the neighborhood is 130 feet higher in elevation than the rest of Dallas. Southern Methodist University is actually located on the "hill top."

Flippen park is located just a few blocks south of Highland Park Village. It has a beautiful fountain and gazebo and is a great location for a photoshoot. There is very little traffic, and it's the best location I can think of in Dallas.

(pictures taken on my phone from earlier this week):

My plan is dependent on what residents and other cars are parked alongside the park, but my initial thought is that we could line the cars up along the inside curb and take photos that way.

After that we will go to eat at the best Tex-Mex restaurant in the entire world...

1pm - whenever --- Ojeda's Restaurant --- 4617 Maple Ave, Dallas, TX 75219

After the small photoshoot is over, we will travel about 2 miles southwest to Ojeda's Restaurant. http://www.ojedasdallas.com This is my personal favorite Mexican restaurant. It's family owned and run and has had many celebrities visit it for its great food.

I will call ahead and let them know that some really cool cars are coming and ask if they can perhaps save us some of the better parking spots next to one another.

After having a great lunch, we'll part ways and go about our business. For those visiting Dallas, I'm sure we'll all be able to discuss places to visit.

This may not necessarily be the exact path we follow, but here are google maps' driving directions for all three locations:
http://tinyurl.com/yctydau

Please do me the favor of double confirming your RSVP so I know you read the plans.