Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #15
aet08

Drives: c
SUPERCHARGE KIT!
aet08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:49 AM   #16
RedoutCamaro

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aet08 View Post
SUPERCHARGE KIT!
Haha I wish, thats a lot of money. I still have a car payment :(
RedoutCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #17
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
Well you already tuned the car so why not go all out and just do the full exhaust. That along with probably another tune will pick up some good ponies. You more than likely killed your powertrain warranty when you got it tuned so why not just increase performance now i say. Axle back seems a bit pointless unless it's someone trying to better the sound and keep the warranty.

Your warranty is gone from the tune, may as well go full tilt boogie now and start with headers and full exhaust all the way back ...
Old 04-23-2011, 11:00 PM   #18
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
If it were my car and I was just wanting a "little more" without breaking the bank, I'd do the Axleback or more precisely... an Axleback with a muffler delete. Something that keeps the tips looking tight!

The Factory Airbox isn't horrible. I'm not afraid to say it. Some do offer a little better performance and they do, by far, tend to look much better than the stock one. So if its a CAI that you fancy, factor in appearance.

A full Catback is Great and includes a (much needed in my opinion) X Pipe but can run ya a couple hundred more than an axleback. Just a thought.

I see a bunch of people (recently) getting something to help "plant" the car a little better. Sway bar kit and Springs to be more precise. There are packages out there priced nicely that include both.

Hope that helps a little and don't hesitate to shoot us a PM if you have more questions.

Good luck and enjoy!
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:18 AM   #19
RedoutCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
If it were my car and I was just wanting a "little more" without breaking the bank, I'd do the Axleback or more precisely... an Axleback with a muffler delete. Something that keeps the tips looking tight!

The Factory Airbox isn't horrible. I'm not afraid to say it. Some do offer a little better performance and they do, by far, tend to look much better than the stock one. So if its a CAI that you fancy, factor in appearance.

A full Catback is Great and includes a (much needed in my opinion) X Pipe but can run ya a couple hundred more than an axleback. Just a thought.

I see a bunch of people (recently) getting something to help "plant" the car a little better. Sway bar kit and Springs to be more precise. There are packages out there priced nicely that include both.

Hope that helps a little and don't hesitate to shoot us a PM if you have more questions.

Good luck and enjoy!
Ivan
Thanks for the suggestions. I resently got my exhaust done. I got Custom bent 2.5" pipes all the way back from the cat with Flowmaster Outlaw Competition style mufflers. I love the sounds. As well I got the Cold Air Inductions CAI installed last week as well. Planning on getting it tuned this month to make sure it is all stable and ready to be ran at the end of May.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #20
RedoutCamaro

Got my Cold Air Intake done, exhaust done, Short throw shifter done, stripes and outside pretty much done. Now what next? Coming in to some money later this month and don't know what to do next.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #21
siriusdish

Drives: 2010 Camaro L99
Cam
vararam intake, Vmax TB,Vmax Intake,TSP VVT 3 Cam,TSP underdrive pulley,Yank 3600,TM Cooler,ARH 2", High Flow cats, X-pipe, GM Pro mufflers, RX Catch Can,160 stat, BMR Trailing,toe,Cradle insert, Diff. Bushings, End links, Spohn-LCA's (Touring)Wheel spacer's. 422 rwhp Mustang Dyno http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaFNAhCL7Os
siriusdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #22
Josh@ARH

Drives: 2013 Corvette GS
If you are looking for performance and sound, the most powerful bolt on you can do is a set of headers. For a mostly stock car we recommend our 1 7/8" headers which paired with a tune will net you in the neighborhood of 35-50 rwhp (with our long system) depending on the dyno and tune. Here is the link to some more information on our system as well as what our full exhaust system sounds like http://www.americanracingheaders.com/2010_CamaroSS+V8_V6.html.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a message!
Josh@ARH is offline   Reply With Quote