Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-16-2014, 04:54 PM   #1
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Drives: Automatic Automobile
Send a message via Skype™ to 10RsCamaro
V6 camaro vs 06 Wrx

Hey guys. Should be running them once my gears are done. Anybody have a clue if I have a chance?

Wrx is stock, and will probably still be in a month.

My car is a 2010 v6. Has long tubes, cai, tune, ported intake, ported tb, both pletheum spacers, axle back exhaust, ss brembos, and will have 4.11 gears once everything gets in and installed.

Anybody have any ideas? We are running for fun. I drive his car, he drives mine. His seems pretty quick for a 4 banger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10RsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:17 PM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Hard to say. You're gonna be shifting a lot. But other than that, stock gears you would probably have him. Unless he's an STI. Then idk.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:21 AM   #3
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Decent launch on your end and you could stay with him and maybe catch up by the end of the 1/4. From a roll if you have a manual you should put 3-5 cars on him, if you have an auto 1-3.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:49 AM   #4
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Decent launch on your end and you could stay with him and maybe catch up by the end of the 1/4. From a roll if you have a manual you should put 3-5 cars on him, if you have an auto 1-3.
Agree - from a roll a V6 Camaro with those mods should pull away from a stock WRX, especially as the speeds increase.

From a dig - it could be a very close race.

The WRX is extremely driver dependent. WRXs are slow if the driver doesn't know how or is scared to launch the car hard (high rpm launch) off the line.
If the WRX driver is skilled at launching, he will easily be 2-3 cars in front at the 60' mark and you'll have to play catch up.

Many WRXs owners bog the launch (too low of an rpm) and the turbo lag kills them leaving the line. I see it all the time. Guys pulling 2.0 sec 60' times at the track in WRXs. That's terrible for a WRX.

Stock WRXs can pull 1.8 sec 60' times all day with a good driver, but they are very weak on the top end. Mid 13s in the 1/4 mile are no big deal with a skilled driver behind the wheel.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:05 AM   #5
MightymouseSS

Drives: 2011 LS3
1/4 wrx is no joke. My cousin would gimme a good run till id reel him im on the top end when my car was stock. But his car on the other hand did have bolt ons and cobb tune. From a roll they run out of steam above 80/90 mph.
SLP loudmouth 2
Nightfury Cam
Mike Norris CC
Tuned by Southwest Speed
MightymouseSS is offline   Reply With Quote