Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-25-2016, 01:04 PM   #15
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange 2010 Camaro View Post
Okay, first of all you are (NOT DONE with posting on this forum!) Even if your insurance company does not cover you in this case, the items that were damaged in your Camaro such as seats, carpet, & other items CAN BE REPLACED!

There are PLENTY of members on this forum ( MYSELF INCLUDED) within driving distance OR NOT, that can & will BE GLAD to help you get your Camaro back on the road!

There are PLENTY of members (ON THIS FORUM) ( MYSELF INCLUDED) that have modded their 5th. gen Camaro's to the TENTH DEGREE, that have parts sitting around that would be more than willing to help you get your Camaro back on the road!

The mind set of MANY of us forum members (MYSELF INCLUDED) is that we are ALL part of a LARGE family, & as you well know, FAMILY Takes care of FAMILY!

Keep us posted as to when & if your insurance company is going to cover the damage claim, & be willing to ask for help with the items that are needed to get your Camaro back on the road.

All The Best,

Orange 2010 Camaro

You sir, are a good man.

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 01:59 PM   #16
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Did you take the Insurance off the car when you put it away for the winter ?

Sorry for your lose .
Old 01-25-2016, 02:09 PM   #17
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Does it not run at all? Water in the car is not necessarily a death sentence. If the ecu and bcm weren't flooded, it may very well be a simple clean up job. And even if they were, they can be replaced. Understand that cars are designed and built with the elements in mind. Unless it was completely submerged, it may be no biggie at all.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 02:55 PM   #18
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
The blizzard was blowing into the shore forcing water inland. 60 mph winds accompanied by high tides caused serious flooding for some.

Hope things work out for you OP.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:00 PM   #19
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
If it was flooded with salt water its toast
Old 01-25-2016, 09:46 PM   #20
Mluisi

Drives: Red-Hot
Hey thank you guys for all the support. So to answer all the question. Yes this was premature post, I will have to wait a week before the insurance company gets back to me I will eventually provide you guys with pictures. I live in brigantine and their was approximately 3" of water accumulated with seaweed. It does run but after hearing it was flooded when I came home I did not start it. The insurance company took the car this afternoon. So it's all going to be a waiting game at this point. It's amazing because I parked the car where the water never nearly reaches! And I guess the tide just surged. And orange thank you very much!
Mluisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:49 PM   #21
tmaleck

Drives: Replacement 2SS 'Vert 67 Cutlass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mluisi View Post
Hey thank you guys for all the support. So to answer all the question. Yes this was premature post, I will have to wait a week before the insurance company gets back to me I will eventually provide you guys with pictures. I live in brigantine and their was approximately 3" of water accumulated with seaweed. It does run but after hearing it was flooded when I came home I did not start it. The insurance company took the car this afternoon. So it's all going to be a waiting game at this point. It's amazing because I parked the car where the water never nearly reaches! And I guess the tide just surged. And orange thank you very much!
I feel your pain. I just went through this with my first Camaro.

Good luck.
Tim
tmaleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 06:42 AM   #22
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
yes minor water damage: replace carpet or even remove and carpet clean then reinstall drying time in spray booth: car good as new .....
Old 01-26-2016, 08:09 AM   #23
upstater

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Conv built 5/25/15
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
yes minor water damage: replace carpet or even remove and carpet clean then reinstall drying time in spray booth: car good as new .....
With salt water residue inside the car and the insurance company involved, this will cause a "flood damage" notation on ownership document. That will crush your value down the road. Please keep in mind when negotiating with Ins. Co.
upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:44 PM   #24
Mluisi

And it's funny that Chris Christie would say he would come down here mop up the mess because I lost my house now my car looks like I'm gonna be moving soon
Old 01-26-2016, 05:48 PM   #25
Mluisi

Yes that's also what I fear... It will be worth nothing at that point
Old 01-26-2016, 06:04 PM   #26
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Hoping for the best for you.. on the water in Bayville and was not so lucky from Sandy.. just got home on Halloween from raising it.. did not have my Camaro then but 2 cars were up to the seats with water so know the pain.. My heat & AC systems destroyed... snow blower, log splitter, power washer many small things in sheds & garages.. It will get better and forget that jerk Christy for those comments..
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 06:52 PM   #27
polizzio

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Camaro
Insurance should cover it. My year old Camry was flooded by Hurricane Isaac August 2012 in my enclosed garage. They declared it a total loss and paid me off reasonable amount. It had 2/3 inches in interior and I drove it for 7 days with no problems, but then the smell of mold.

So hopefully they will total it and compensate you accordingly. You can get another Camaro down the road.

Last edited by polizzio; 01-27-2016 at 04:42 PM. Reason: wrong hurricane name.
polizzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 07:01 PM   #28
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by polizzio View Post
Insurance should cover it. My year old Camry was flooded by Hurricane Katrina August 2012 in my enclosed garage. They declared it a total loss and paid me off reasonable amount. It had 2/3 inches in interior and I drove it for 7 days with no problems, but then the smell of mold.

So hopefully they will total it and compensate you accordingly. You can get another Camaro down the road.
I think Katrina was around '05...