Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #29
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
But "Fast List" by their own definition, only represent a small fraction of the TOP cars, NOT the average... when talking about comparing cars you need to really look at the typical/average, not just a small percentage of the fastest cars... and for every owner that posts his 13 second run, there's probably 3 or 4 owners that don't post about their 14 second runs...
Right and you are the first V6 owner who managed to beat the GT bone stock. I saw that on youtube .
Old 08-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #30
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Ported throttle body, axle-back exhaust, ported IM, cold air intake and VMAX black ice-olator.
The ported IM with spacers gives the V6 a kick in the back. I have the Mace isolator with my ported IM and it surely makes a big difference.

In fact it is more noticeable than LT headers and tune.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #31
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
The ported IM with spacers gives the V6 a kick in the back. I have the Mace isolator with my ported IM and it surely makes a big difference.

In fact it is more noticeable than LT headers and tune.
This is simply due to added runner length, right?

I definitely noticed it kick me back in my seat around 4k RPM the first time I butt-dynoed it! Added to my permagrin for sure

I want to do LT's and tune, but the tune will come first and the LT's much later. However I don't see exactly what I can expect to gain from the trifecta tune.. what are the gains? I just loathe the thought of a mail-order tune and am tempted to get a custom one.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #32
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
So, what is the verdict?

Is the 05 GT with a good driver in decent weather a 14 Second car compared to a bolt-on V6 Camaro?

I've seen hundreds of 13.5-13.7 Timeslips from 05-09 GT's being Bone Stock. I don't see many V6 Camaro's stock, or lightly modded running those times.

It all comes down to the driver, however, if a modded V6 Camaro beats a Stock GT, doesn't mean it will happen all the time. Beating the driver is one thing, beating the car is another.

I once raced a 150 Shot, H/C LS1 in my Pullied 03 Cobra. I pulled him by 1 car before the end of the 1/4 mile. Doesn't mean my car is faster, I either out drove him, or his car wasn't running as well as it should be.

IMO I think it will be a close race, but, I think the GT will come out on top due to the 103-105 Trap speeds I've witnessed first hand to coming from the GT. I believe most modded V6 Camaro's trap around 100-102 with bolt-ons, is this accurate?
v6 full boltons see around the same 103-105

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #33
11 Camaro IBM

Drives: Camaro IBM
With trifecta you will feel it on the butt dyno you will feel how smooth you can run through the rpms and how fast your shifts are and if your auto when your floor it it will jerk you around with 100% firmness it's a good feeling
11 Camaro IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #34
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
Right and you are the first V6 owner who managed to beat the GT bone stock. I saw that on youtube .
Actually... who remembers this!

This is from June of 2009... it is my 100% STOCK V6 Camaro (4 days old!) against a 2006 (or 07) Mustang Shelby GT (no, not a GT500). My Camaro went 15.224 to the Mustang's 15.226!! The Mustang owner is a friend of mine... and boy, did we ever make fun of him!!! LOL
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #35
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
My 07 GT could never trap more than 100mph bone stock. I never ran it after I installed gears and tune. I'd say stock, the mustang is gonna struggle to beat the camaro. The camaro has more power (not much) but its also heavier. Whoever hits the tree right and doesn't botch the launch is gonna be the first to the lights.
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #36
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11 Camaro IBM View Post
With trifecta you will feel it on the butt dyno you will feel how smooth you can run through the rpms and how fast your shifts are and if your auto when your floor it it will jerk you around with 100% firmness it's a good feeling
So when are you actually going to go to the track and eliminate all this speculation?

I know you said it was hot and you wanted to run when it was cooler, but the 3V GT will be running you in the exact same conditions so the heat will affect you both.

That is unless you are worried about getting at time worthy of the fast list, but this sounds more like a grudge match run to me.

Or better yet, race him in the heat and race him again when the weather is cooler.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:55 AM   #37
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
This is simply due to added runner length, right?

I definitely noticed it kick me back in my seat around 4k RPM the first time I butt-dynoed it! Added to my permagrin for sure

I want to do LT's and tune, but the tune will come first and the LT's much later. However I don't see exactly what I can expect to gain from the trifecta tune.. what are the gains? I just loathe the thought of a mail-order tune and am tempted to get a custom one.
Well your shift points will change with trifecta, and you should expect around 13rwhp increase as advertised by them.

It is better to tune the car with LTs becasue they will casue CEL. The LTs will give more hp at the high end.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:56 AM   #38
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Actually... who remembers this!

This is from June of 2009... it is my 100% STOCK V6 Camaro (4 days old!) against a 2006 (or 07) Mustang Shelby GT (no, not a GT500). My Camaro went 15.224 to the Mustang's 15.226!! The Mustang owner is a friend of mine... and boy, did we ever make fun of him!!! LOL
No Comment .
Old 08-30-2012, 07:04 AM   #39
11 Camaro IBM

Drives: Camaro IBM
Lol no grudge I've just had Manu gts try to race me on public roads. I want to go track later this year for times and I hope I run into a stock gt but if not oh well not a problem
11 Camaro IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #40
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11 Camaro IBM View Post
Lol no grudge I've just had Manu gts try to race me on public roads. I want to go track later this year for times and I hope I run into a stock gt but if not oh well not a problem
It is very rare that I see a stock GT at the track.. usually have some mods...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #41
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Quote:
Originally Posted by archtaan View Post
The 2006 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L V8 runs 0-60 mph 5.1 Quarter mile 13.5 @ 103.6 mph (Motor Trend)

The 11 Camaro Auto ran 0-60 6.1 and quarter mile 14.5 sec @ 98.2 mph(Motor Trend, Feb. 2011)

Unfortunately, I think he is going to take you though. On the V6 Fast list the quickest is a 13.42 and that is with just about the same mods as you + Drag radials and skinnies.

1. 13.420 @ 103.22 - ROD1 - A6 - (DRs/Skinnies, Injen CAI, ARH Longtubes/High Flow Cats, SS Axle Back, Trifecta Tune) (LLT)

- I hope you win though!
Accord V6 6MT's beat 2v 4.6's, and run neck and neck with 3v 4.6's. 4.6 Mustangs are a waste of money for how fast they are. Back in the day my 3.0 liter ran with my brother's stock 2005 Mustang GT manual, when I had mods done(J-pipe, PCD's, Catback exhaust, CAI) I was beating him when he had bolt ons(CAI, Axleback). From a dig we were dead even, which really surprised me the most.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #42
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
Accord V6 6MT's beat 2v 4.6's, and run neck and neck with 3v 4.6's. 4.6 Mustangs are a waste of money for how fast they are. Back in the day my 3.0 liter ran with my brother's stock 2005 Mustang GT manual, when I had mods done(J-pipe, PCD's, Catback exhaust, CAI) I was beating him when he had bolt ons(CAI, Axleback). From a dig we were dead even, which really surprised me the most.
Wow! This is surprising.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote