Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 10-13-2014, 09:23 AM   #1
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
Little Help You Guys from Houston / Galveston

headed to Houston this weekend to celebrate a birthday with my daughters fiancée..... we are spending the weekend in Galveston. Besides the beach, what are the interesting places to go see, shopping (for the women) and a nice steak and seafood restaurant for special Saturday dinner?

Thanks guys,

Loop
Old 10-13-2014, 09:46 AM   #2
unxpected_12
Xpect the unXpected

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
im from the RGV and last month my wife and i went up there for vacation. We went to the Moody gardens. Go to the Pleasure Pier ...at night though you have live music and beer. Also the premium outlets are not so far away from galveston. She can do her shopping there.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:55 PM   #3
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
If you're staying Galveston;
Food: There are tons of places on the Seawall and random spots here and there.
Fun: As far as fun goes, as unxpected_12 said, there is the pleasure pier. It's a little bit pricey for my taste, but I live down here and see it all the time. It's a cool experience. Moody Gardens is also a really cool place to visit. They have 2 pyramids that are worth seeing. The first is the aquarium. There is tons of sea life and just a general good time. They also have a rain forest pyramid that is cool as well. There is also a putt-putt course right off the seawall down on the west end. My wife and I go here every month.
Shopping: the strand will be the main place for shopping on the Island. Lots of neat little shops, but nothing major.

If you don't mind traveling out of Galveston.
Food: There are all kinds of places up in the Clear Lake area, Pappasitos, Pappas Seafood, Carrabbas, and tons more. There is also all of the Landry's concept on the Kemah Boardwalk.
Fun: Again, the Kemah Boardwalk is a good time. Aside from food, they have tons of rides. If you're in the Clear Lake area for food, then there is couple of bowling alleys, a Main Event, and another Putt-Putt place off NASA. On highway 3 there is also a new Go-Cart track called Pole Position, I haven't been there, but I've heard really good things.
Shopping: Shopping has a couple of great options. The Tanger Outlets are off the Holland Exit when going south on 45 headed to Galveston. It will be on the right, you can't miss it. There is also Baybrook Mall in the Clear Lake area. For what it is, it's a really nice mall with A LOT of satellite shopping around it. Both of those can keep a woman busy for HOURS.

I may be forgetting a few things, because I'm at work currently. I'm sure other people will chip in with anything i missed/forgot. Hope this helps!