Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-31-2015, 10:24 AM   #561
ericsson

Drives: Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07-SRT View Post
I know.... motor vs motor, the guy I quoted was talking about having fun at a drag strip... So a 300lb difference explains a 114 mph vs 121mph? for similar power or lower power and still trap higher? My point was people get all wrapped up in dyno numbers and that doesn't always equate to 1/4 mile times/ trap speed
Trans & rear gearing , area under the dyno curve, solid rear axle vs irs etc... all matter

with that said strictly motor to motor, I would pick an LS3 to build......
Yeah I mention drag strip but also track day because the question was which motor performs better without defining in what condition.
ericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:32 AM   #562
ericsson

Drives: Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Well I know a 1SS with the 1LE package can be had for a similar price to your example mustang and there are TT kits available that start around $7K and people are regularly getting 750 to 800 RWHP. See that AGP or Hellion kits. What a mustang does IDK.

I do know that a friend of mine by has an older 4.6L GT with a Kenne Belle 4.0 S/C on it and he is only making what a cammed and bolt on SS makes. Another buddy of mine has a bolt on plus pully Roush with the M90 and is making less than my bolt on SS.

I know these are 4.6L but the response to mods has to be similar...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Also I know there are cheaper turbo kits but I establishes the 10k price in order to get quality ball bearing turbos.
So again what do you think, we are only talking about installing a twin TURBO kit that costs 10k, and no you cannot modify any internals that means you can't touch the cams on the LS3. Which one do you think will perform better?.
Remember these are turbos not superchargers or pulley driven turbos.
ericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:04 PM   #563
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07-SRT View Post
I know.... motor vs motor, the guy I quoted was talking about having fun at a drag strip... So a 300lb difference explains a 114 mph vs 121mph? for similar power or lower power and still trap higher? My point was people get all wrapped up in dyno numbers and that doesn't always equate to 1/4 mile times/ trap speed
Trans & rear gearing , area under the dyno curve, solid rear axle vs irs etc... all matter

with that said strictly motor to motor, I would pick an LS3 to build......
Agreed... That's why a race is always up in the air. So many variables.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:05 PM   #564
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Yeah but those examples aren't valid. First of all is not the same engine, and second i was asking about twin turbo and you answered with supercharger examples and are very different things.
Sorry, I don't know any turbo mustang guys...

Old 05-31-2015, 12:09 PM   #565
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Also I know there are cheaper turbo kits but I establishes the 10k price in order to get quality ball bearing turbos.
So again what do you think, we are only talking about installing a twin TURBO kit that costs 10k, and no you cannot modify any internals that means you can't touch the cams on the LS3. Which one do you think will perform better?.
Remember these are turbos not superchargers or pulley driven turbos.
Give me $10K and a stock short block LS3 with TT and I can make close to 1000 RWHP and a bunch more TQ than a Coyote. So I still say LS3.

Old 05-31-2015, 02:30 PM   #566
DDJ-SX-SS

Drives: 2012 L99 2SS/RS
I've owned Mustangs, Camaros a Challenger and even a import, but I never went over to a forum of a different brand and went to a quest to convince all those people my shit was the best and they are all driving the wrong car.
I don't get some of these ford guys sorry. Drive what you like be happy, if your not a fan of the other guys car good for you, nobody cares.
DDJ-SX-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 06:26 AM   #567
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
↑↑↑ You do realize that this thread was started by a Camaro5 member who has two years' membership here?

His list of what's in his garage . . .
1994 Z28 (mine)
2015 Camaro (her's)
2004 Silverado (mine)
54 Belair (her's)

Once a topic goes public, its direction cannot be controlled short of being administratively held within forum guidelines.

That said, yes, be happy with what you drive. Better yet, be happy for the person who is happy with what he/she drives even if it's not the same car as yours. But try to understand that no mfr has a monopoly on all of the better solutions. Here, there are things I like about both engines, and things I'd do differently from either of them if I was designing an engine.

Norm
Old 06-01-2015, 08:49 AM   #568
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDJ-SX-SS View Post
I've owned Mustangs, Camaros a Challenger and even a import, but I never went over to a forum of a different brand and went to a quest to convince all those people my shit was the best and they are all driving the wrong car.
I don't get some of these ford guys sorry. Drive what you like be happy, if your not a fan of the other guys car good for you, nobody cares.
Than you haven't been on the internet long. And why do V8 owners come into V6 threads and ridicule them for spending money on their car?
Old 06-01-2015, 11:33 AM   #569
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post

and anything not chevy is junk and GM is the greatest Evar.

:shrug:
I agree that's one Mustang owner that gets it (kidding).
Old 06-01-2015, 12:20 PM   #570
DDJ-SX-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
↑↑↑ You do realize that this thread was started by a Camaro5 member who has two years' membership here?

1994 Z28 (mine)
2015 Camaro (her's)
2004 Silverado (mine)
54 Belair (her's)

Once a topic goes public, its direction cannot be controlled short of being administratively held within forum guidelines.

That said, yes, be happy with what you drive. Better yet, be happy for the person who is happy with what he/she drives even if it's not the same car as yours. But try to understand that no mfr has a monopoly on all of the better solutions. Here, there are things I like about both engines, and things I'd do differently from either of them if I was designing an engine.

Norm
I realize this thread was started by a camaro owner and forum member. I was not talking about the op, nowhere did I say I was, I was referring to some of the mustang owners on the thread. Mainly because some dude went on a five page rampage trying to tell everyone the 5.0 is the best engine in history an anything with push rods is inferior crap.
That's different than comparing the pros and cons of engines or cars with actual data.

Btw im not a anti Mustang either, I have owned four of them and have a lot of respect for the new 5.0 it's a great engine. When it came to the 2011 -2014 GT vs the Camaro of the same vintage I went with the Camaro because I thought it was a much better looking car inside an out, build quality seemed better and I just liked it more than the stang at the time.
I'm one of a few that's been a fan of both and bought whichever one I liked best at the time.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:22 PM   #571
DDJ-SX-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Than you haven't been on the internet long. And why do V8 owners come into V6 threads and ridicule them for spending money on their car?
Lol I don't know why some V8 guys do that, I don't.
I had a 3.6 Challenger so trust me I hear you loud and clear.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:48 PM   #572
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post

1994 Z28 (mine)
2015 Camaro (her's)
2004 Silverado (mine)
54 Belair (her's)

Norm

Hmm......I wonder who that is?

I started the thread out of curiosity. I've worked on many cars, mostly Chevy's and GM, but on a few fords too. When the Yote first came out there was so much hype around this new Ford motor that was going to out do it rivals. Having never worked on a Yote, I wanted to see what other members would say. It wasn't to start a new war (which a cease fire has never been called on the old one anyway) or piss people off or get anyone panties in a bunch. I knew that bringing something like this up with spark any car person's intrest and love of cars, that comments and replies or rebutles would happen....and I wasn't disappointed.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #573
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDJ-SX-SS View Post
I realize this thread was started by a camaro owner and forum member. I was not talking about the op, nowhere did I say I was, I was referring to some of the mustang owners on the thread. Mainly because some dude went on a five page rampage trying to tell everyone the 5.0 is the best engine in history an anything with push rods is inferior crap.
That's different than comparing the pros and cons of engines or cars with actual data.

Btw im not a anti Mustang either, I have owned four of them and have a lot of respect for the new 5.0 it's a great engine. When it came to the 2011 -2014 GT vs the Camaro of the same vintage I went with the Camaro because I thought it was a much better looking car inside an out, build quality seemed better and I just liked it more than the stang at the time.
I'm one of a few that's been a fan of both and bought whichever one I liked best at the time.
That's his opinion. I've done nothing more than say I see these motors as equals and basically been called stupid! There is just as much passion or fanboyism if you will to go around on both sides of this conversation! This is one of those threads that will only die once the new LT motor goes into the Camaro and people lose interest in the Ls3 or 5.0. There really is no correct answer to this question posed in the first post. None that Can be backed up with fact anyway.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:59 PM   #574
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
This thread might die but the subject will not. Ppl still talk about the LS1 vs 5.0.