Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-20-2009, 07:08 AM   #1
BeardWS6

Drives: 01 WS6
Ordered June 18th Awsome guy to buy from...

Richard Stairs at Loe Martin Chev ordered my new RS/SS Camaro for me. Was awsome to deal with and a great person to talk to. Has a lot of knowledge on the Camaro also, Very up front about the price and very fair. I recommend him to everyone, will not get messed around with this guy. He goes by dstairs on the board.

2010 Victory Red, Black rally stripes, RS/2SS with black leather, sun roof, 6sp, polished wheels. Cant wait... Will be here in 6-8 weeks..
Old 06-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
dstairs
Farewell Thor

Drives: 95 Caddy Deville Concours
Thanks Dave! Great customers are getting harder to find in recents months due to the economic situation of the world, and I feel fortunate that Leo Martin Chevrolet was selected by GM to continue to be their partner in the restucturing plans, our Letter of Participation arrived only a few weeks ago and since then the stress level has dropped considerably. Once again thanks Dave fo rthe nice comments. I will add we are selling at MSRP for our local customers, and have no interest in doing drop shipments or selling to other dealers , or consumers outside of our area. I will price the car above MSRP if the car is not staying local, we are interested in building our customer base for the future and the premim price is set only to allow our local customers the opportunity to buy local.

So far every SS we have ordered has been spoken for before the car hit the lot. It is an exciting time if you are a Camaro fan!
dstairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:59 PM   #3
jdbaker82
Banned

Drives: None
BeardWS6 I hate to burst your bubble but about 80% of Dealerships will tell you that 6-8 weeks when they know damn well right its a lie. Any honest dealership will tell you 6-8 months on anything ordered in June.
jdbaker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:53 PM   #4
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbaker82 View Post
BeardWS6 I hate to burst your bubble but about 80% of Dealerships will tell you that 6-8 weeks when they know damn well right its a lie. Any honest dealership will tell you 6-8 months on anything ordered in June.

not true buddy!!
they have about 23 to 25 thousand Camaro orders and they hit 20,000 two days ago so yeah i would say 2 months for his car! i ordered in May and expecting a early to mid July delivery! another thing it depends if his dealer has an allocation!!!
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
RJT-Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
BeardWS6

Drives: 01 WS6
Guys, both salesman I have been working with at 2 differant dealerships told me the same timeline. Each as already handed over several cars to customers who have ordered. Jerry at Champion told me 6-8 weeks when I got in line and he has given 6 to his customers already- this is the time line his have been shipped to him. Richard has also handed over several and his delearship has gotten them in within this timeline. So why would I feel any differant about my order.
They had the allocation already and I got it right off the bat, I got very lucky with this one. I understand many have had to wait, and I could end up being one. But I had 2 differant salesman who have no reason to lie to me and are on this forum as awsome to buy from and their dealerships are good MSRP. I even said it would take longer and they said no. We shall see guys, have faith brothers. Not all dealerships lie to us. Again, if you have the allocation at that time it helps get yours alot quicker...

Word is they are putting out 3000 cars per week now with overtime.....SWEET
Old 06-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #6
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-Maro View Post
not true buddy!!
they have about 23 to 25 thousand Camaro orders and they hit 20,000 two days ago so yeah i would say 2 months for his car! i ordered in May and expecting a early to mid July delivery! another thing it depends if his dealer has an allocation!!!
I went 3000 on May 27th then 3300 on June 16th with a TPW of June 29th, since you went 3000 10 days later you'll probably be behind me 10 days later and remember the plant is going to be closed from July 6th to the 13th. You wont see your car in Mid July probably mid August late August but not in July.

A realistic window of when to get the car would probably be a 3-4 month window.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #7
jdbaker82
Banned

Drives: None
6-8 weeks is not realistic I don't care what dealership or salesman you talked to most of them say the same thing. In fact 3 of my local dealerships told me the same thing but another one told me flat out they are lieing to you... Realistic is 3-6 months.
jdbaker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
dstairs
Farewell Thor

Drives: 95 Caddy Deville Concours
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbaker82 View Post
I can say I think 6 to 8 weeks is possible and I am being perfectly honest about it. I have tracked every Camaro we have ordered at our dealership at every level of its status.

I really see no reason to call someone a liar. I suppose it is possible the shut down will cause a slow re-ramping but it will not be anywhere close to 6 to 8 months as you have stated, I am willing to wager my 6 to 8 weeks is a closer estimate than your 6 to 8 months.

I think a lot of folks that ordered back in Oct are confusing the time it takes to build the car to the time they had to wait, remember they started building in March that is only 3 months and over 20,000 have been produced and a majority of them have been delivered.

So like Dave said if you get lucky and hit the allotment just right all things will move quickly. If you are at a dealership that has you in a holding pattern awaiting your allotment, then you have wait until that allotment is made available, THEN you have 6 to 8 weeks before delivery, whether you ordered in Oct or June if your allotment comes up this week you get the car on or about the same week.
dstairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:46 PM   #9
Main

Drives: 10 Camaro 2LT, 10 SRX FWD
I would agree with the salesmen on this - although with the shutdown you may push to 8-12 weeks.

They are making 400 - 440 Camaros a day, 6 days a week. They are past VIN# 20000...

I have family working in the plant, I'm not guessing at the numbers. As well, GM brought in a LOT of parts prior to bankruptcy so that they can keep building the Oshawa cars for as long as possible... obviously this could become an issue at some point, but right now things are looking good. I'm giving my order 3-4 months in my head so I don't end up disappointed, but I'm hoping closer to the 3 month mark.

Of course, all this is counting on allotment, but it sounds like your salesmen is being honest...
Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:02 PM   #10
MikeySoft
Mikey

Drives: 2010 CorvetteGS, 2010 3LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Main View Post
I would agree with the salesmen on this - although with the shutdown you may push to 8-12 weeks.

They are making 400 - 440 Camaros a day, 6 days a week. They are past VIN# 20000...

I have family working in the plant, I'm not guessing at the numbers. As well, GM brought in a LOT of parts prior to bankruptcy so that they can keep building the Oshawa cars for as long as possible... obviously this could become an issue at some point, but right now things are looking good. I'm giving my order 3-4 months in my head so I don't end up disappointed, but I'm hoping closer to the 3 month mark.

Of course, all this is counting on allotment, but it sounds like your salesmen is being honest...
Allocation is the key word.

BTW When Is the Shutdown,
I know its for two weeks......
My TPW is this past week. Should have a Vin Next week. Hope my car ships before then.

MikeySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #11
FYRFTR02

Drives: Silverado
Anyone know if the short throw shifter option is constrained ??
FYRFTR02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #12
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

have any of yall that are saying 3-4 months not reading a single thing on this forum???? they have between 23 and 25 thousand Camaro orders and they hit VIN # 20,000 3 days ago??........ that means yeah for this guy 6-8 weeks judging by they are making 450+ per day and they are working saturdays too!! so yeah everybody should have their car in July!!! da*n people start reading on this forum and stop trying to prove people wrong with sh*t you dont even know about!!!
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
Old 06-21-2009, 02:31 PM   #13
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeySoft View Post
Allocation is the key word.

BTW When Is the Shutdown,
I know its for two weeks......
My TPW is this past week. Should have a Vin Next week. Hope my car ships before then.

the shut down is the week of July 6th through the 13th and its only for one week!
Old 06-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #14
MikeySoft
Mikey

Drives: 2010 CorvetteGS, 2010 3LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-Maro View Post
the shut down is the week of July 6th through the 13th and its only for one week!
Whoooooooooo Yay! Hopefully I'll have a Vin on Monday and it can ship the following Week.
MikeySoft is offline   Reply With Quote