Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

I WAS EXPECTING TO TAKE DELIVERY OF MY ZL1 VERT THIS PAST WEEK. THE DEALER TOLD ME IT WAS FINALLY IN. I WAS VERY EXCITED TO SEE IT AND DRIVE IT HOME. I HAVE HAD A BUSY WORK SCHEDULE SO I WAS NOT ABLE TO GET THERE FOR A COUPLE DAYS. I FINALLY MADE IT THERE AND I WAS TAKEN TO THE DETAIL SHOP TO SEE IT. WE WALK IN AND THERE IT WAS. IT LOOKED AWESOME!!.

NOW FOR THE BAD NEWS FOR THOSE OF US WHO ARE VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT OUR CARS. I WAS TAKEN AROUND THE CAR AND JUST AS WE GET AROUND TO THE DRIVERS DOOR, AS I AM ABOUT TO SAY IT, THE SALES PERSON TELLS ME ONE OF THE DETAIL SHOP EMPLOYEES OPENED THE DRIVERS DOOR INTO THE GARAGE WALL, AND FFF IT UP. THE PRESIDENTS HAVE DROPPED THE "H" BOMB AND THE "A" BOMB WELL LETS JUST SAY A WHOLE LOT OF "F" BOMBS FELL ONTO THE DEALERSHIP THAT NIGHT. THEY HAD ATTEMPTED TO FIX THE DAMAGE ,BUT IT WAS VERY OBVIOUS IT WAS DAMAGED!!!!:pa ddle:

I WILL NOT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT THE DEALERSHIP BECAUSE THEY GAVE ME A COUPLE OF OPTIONS. 1ST OPTION - THEY HAVE IT PROFESSIONALLY FIXED SO THAT NO ONE COULD TELL IT WAS FIXED INCLUDING MYSELF ( WILL HAVE TO SEE WHAT THE BODY SHOP'S PLANS ARE TO FIX IT, STAY TUNED) IF I AM HAPPY WITH THE END RESULTS THEN I TAKE THE CAR WITH SOME UNKNOWN PRICE REDUCTION (HAVE NOT DISCUSSED THIS PART YET). THE 2ND OPTION IS TO ORDER ANOTHER ONE JUST LIKE THE FIRST CAR,BUT GIVEN EXPEDITED BUILD PRIORITY. SHOULD NOT TAKE 4 MONTHS LIKE THIS FIRST ONE. OF COURSE THIS MEANS I WOULD HAVE TO PAINFULLY WAIT AT LEAST 2-3 MORE MONTHS. I HAVE TO THE BEGINNING OF THIS WEEK TO DECIDE. FOR MOST OF US A CAR AT THIS LEVEL NEEDS TO BE PERFECT IN EVERYWAY OR WE CONSIDER IT "DAMAGED GOODS" WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? THANKS FOR ALL IMPUT IN ADVANCE.
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
I would see how good of a job they do in fixing it, get a discount and have them throw in some free stuff. If they don't do a good job then order a new one.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
MTNdew

Drives: 13 ZL1 #493-13 road glide
i agree being thats just the door i would have them fix it and hope they do a good job then work on the price
Old 11-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Screw that. Make them get you a new car.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #5
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
I owuld use this as an opportunity to look over the car then make any changes and order a new one since it's going into the winter and if you put it away it will be sleeping for 4 months anyway
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Turn the caps locks off, then wait till after the dealer fixes the car. After it's fixed, inspect it yourself and THEN decide what to do.

Accidents happen, mistakes are made by all of us from time to time. Give the dealer a chance to make it right.

If it's fixed to your satisfaction, take the car and enjoy it. If you're still not happy with the car, then you'll just have to decide if it's worth the wait to get a new car built, or see if you or the dealer can locate another car at another dealer and do a dealer trade.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
avcbm

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Really........... have them repair the damage... because guess what... not matter how hard you try to keep things from happning to it... you cant... I was that way with my SS... now with my ZL1 my attitude is ... it's just a car, I'm going to drive it and enjoy the heck out of it... if it gets damage, I'll fix it.... I don't plan on making it a Garage Queen, so that If I get hit by a bus tomorrow, my kids can drive the heck out of it..... life is short, don't sweat the things that in the end really don't matter...... yes you can get a new one, and make a big fuss.... and what if after all that, some one hits you while driving........................ I'm saying take a deep breath and put things in prespective......... just my opinion... and I'm just saying.... Go enjoy your ride....

2012 Camaro ZL1
2010 Camaro SS (Sold)
avcbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #8
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
I would not accept the car. By the time your new one arrives it will be spring. Perfect timing for a vert.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #9
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Fix the damage take the discount.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #10
JewelSS
Norcal Camaros

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS L99
Replace the door and call it good... ENJOY
Blaque Diamond Wheels BD23's 20x10, Hankook V12 275, AAC footwell lighting, Switchback LED's, AAC Mailslot scanner, AAC underhood, grill & underbody led lighting, AAC Plasma fogs, Eagle eye HIDs, RJT Painted calipers, RJT painted engine bay, Viteese Paddle Shifters, CFD Hurst style Shifter, RJT painted speedo & gauge trim, RotoFab CAI, TSP 2" Headers with full 3" XS Power exhaust, Granatelli Slotted rotors & Hawk HPS pads, ACS Side Rockers, ACS Front splitter, ZL1 Grill, Havoc Rear diffuser, BMR 1.4 Springs, BMR Strut tower brace, BMR F/R Sway Bars, BMR Trailing Arms,
JewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #11
yboxme

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Blk Vert
I would have them order a new one.
yboxme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #12
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by avcbm View Post
Really........... have them repair the damage... because guess what... not matter how hard you try to keep things from happning to it... you cant... I was that way with my SS... now with my ZL1 my attitude is ... it's just a car, I'm going to drive it and enjoy the heck out of it... if it gets damage, I'll fix it.... I don't plan on making it a Garage Queen, so that If I get hit by a bus tomorrow, my kids can drive the heck out of it..... life is short, don't sweat the things that in the end really don't matter...... yes you can get a new one, and make a big fuss.... and what if after all that, some one hits you while driving........................ I'm saying take a deep breath and put things in prespective......... just my opinion... and I'm just saying.... Go enjoy your ride....

Old 11-09-2012, 11:33 PM   #13
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Turn the caps locks off, then wait till after the dealer fixes the car. After it's fixed, inspect it yourself and THEN decide what to do.

Accidents happen, mistakes are made by all of us from time to time. Give the dealer a chance to make it right.

If it's fixed to your satisfaction, take the car and enjoy it. If you're still not happy with the car, then you'll just have to decide if it's worth the wait to get a new car built, or see if you or the dealer can locate another car at another dealer and do a dealer trade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avcbm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
Fix the damage take the discount.
What they all said.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #14
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
souds like a good dealer they are obviously doing the right thing and taking steps to keep you happy. not all dealers are created equal, although they dammaged your car if the dammage is minor let them fix it