Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 07-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
Daddyo01545
New England C5 Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
New Era Performance OTR CAI

The OTR CAI is an outstanding product, the supplier provided excellent communication and quick shipping.

See pictures here
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32273
Daddyo01545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
I agree this intake fits great, and the service was great. I am a dealer for thsi product...but I feel that the entire New Era team is a great group of people, and they treat their customers right.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
Provie @ New Era

Drives: 05 Trailblazer
Glad to hear! Keep us updated with the progress on your Camaro and let us know if you ever need anything else!

- Provie
Provie @ New Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
I have mixed feelings about these guys. They are very good at communicating w/ their customers (helping, calling back), but they forgot to ship a couple important parts w/ the intake (front shield, hose clamp for breather line), which they immediately shipped out. They also shipped outdated installation instructions w/ the product that said to remove the stock radiator seal. Only after experiencing serious ''bucking'' while driving and stumbling upon a post by one of their reps. saying that the seal must remain ON, did I find out how it was SUPPOSED to be installed. Even after I got all the parts installed the right way, I remain unimpressed, as I do not feel the performance increases they claim, nor do I feel better throttle response (in fact, it's worse), and the ''bucking,'' while greatly reduced, hasn't been completely eliminated. Perhaps the MAF location is causing this? Maybe it's too much air for the stock tune to adjust for? I just don't know. I keep worrying that the computer is going to throw a code and I don't want to have to get a custom tune to get this setup working and void my warranty. While I still love the design, my Camaro does not seem happy w/ this setup.
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #5
Daddyo01545
New England C5 Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have put 500 miles on the car with this intake and I am thrilled with the performance. Please note that I did NOT install the stock MAF, but installed and aftermarket HP MAP. This car screams!!!! Runs very very smooth! It also looks fantastic and blows everyone away when I pop the hood.
Attached Images

Daddyo01545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:18 PM   #6
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Its a nice setup I just say those welds looks pretty bad for $500.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:00 PM   #7
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
Its a nice setup I just say those welds looks pretty bad for $500.
They look less obvious on the powder-coated ones. His is a raw finish, if I recall.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:16 AM   #8
tony_c

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, 2010 Equinox LTZ
New Era CAI is a great product

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
I have mixed feelings about these guys. They are very good at communicating w/ their customers (helping, calling back), but they forgot to ship a couple important parts w/ the intake (front shield, hose clamp for breather line), which they immediately shipped out. They also shipped outdated installation instructions w/ the product that said to remove the stock radiator seal. Only after experiencing serious ''bucking'' while driving and stumbling upon a post by one of their reps. saying that the seal must remain ON, did I find out how it was SUPPOSED to be installed. Even after I got all the parts installed the right way, I remain unimpressed, as I do not feel the performance increases they claim, nor do I feel better throttle response (in fact, it's worse), and the ''bucking,'' while greatly reduced, hasn't been completely eliminated. Perhaps the MAF location is causing this? Maybe it's too much air for the stock tune to adjust for? I just don't know. I keep worrying that the computer is going to throw a code and I don't want to have to get a custom tune to get this setup working and void my warranty. While I still love the design, my Camaro does not seem happy w/ this setup.

I've been running with my New Era CAI and ARH system (installed by New Era) for a couple of weeks now and can feel the difference in my 2SS performance. Only issue is a bit of rattle when 6th. gear kicks in doing 50-55 mph (exhaust issue?) but haven't had it tuned yet . I don't think the welds are an issue at all. I had the plain rather than powder coated system installed and looks great under the hood of my SIM. Guys at New Era did a great job and are very knowledgeable. They have their own SS that they use for R&D for their products. Hey, I'm not saying they may not have screwed up your order---they're only human and are very busy at their garage. If you have a problem, I'm sure they'll work with you to correct it to your satisfaction. So far, I'm very satisfied with what they've done.
tony_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:10 AM   #9
Blue 64 Nova

Drives: 2010 2SS CGM Black Stripe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyo01545 View Post
I have put 500 miles on the car with this intake and I am thrilled with the performance. Please note that I did NOT install the stock MAF, but installed and aftermarket HP MAP. This car screams!!!! Runs very very smooth! It also looks fantastic and blows everyone away when I pop the hood.
Can you give me some details on the HP MAP that you installed? Brand, Pricing?
Blue 64 Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:48 AM   #10
camaros and vettes
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2008 Corvette
jet perormance makes one. 140 bucks shipped. didnt try with out it, so i dont know if any better with or with out it. the cars does feel more snappy with both on. as far as power gain, hard to tell with that small amount. i would say it has some. i have not had on dyno again, trying for next week maybe.
camaros and vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #11
Gabe

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/'65 Malibu SS
What is MAF and HP MAP? Im Not up with the lingo
3300 (scheduled for prod): 08/17/09
3400 (broadcast): 08/18/09
3800 (produced): 08/22/09 A9138699
4200 (shipped): 8/24/09
5000 (at dealer): 09/04/09
6000 (del to cus): 09/04/09
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:03 AM   #12
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
I have the exact same problem! I get the hesitation and bucking with the stock setup also but only when cold. With the New Era I get it even after it's warmed up. It's not real bad but it's anoying. It only happens when cruising steady at 1/4 throttle or less and especially when letting off on the accelerator. I'm still working with New Era to resolve and they have been great! The product looks fantastic and I want to keep it but not if we can't resolve this issue. Maybe it is a bad MAF sensor. If going to a Jet aftermarket will work I'll be happy! I just want to be sure before spending more money. I was told that the New Era should work fine without any tuning or anything else so we'll see. Please keep me posted with your results and I will do likewise.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:06 AM   #13
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
What is MAF and HP MAP? Im Not up with the lingo
MAF= Mass Air Flow sensor. It is an electronic device installed in the air intake tube that measures the air velocity through the intake so the car's computer can adjust the air fuel mixture and whatever.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:07 PM   #14
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I have the exact same problem! I get the hesitation and bucking with the stock setup also but only when cold. With the New Era I get it even after it's warmed up. It's not real bad but it's anoying. It only happens when cruising steady at 1/4 throttle or less and especially when letting off on the accelerator. I'm still working with New Era to resolve and they have been great! The product looks fantastic and I want to keep it but not if we can't resolve this issue. Maybe it is a bad MAF sensor. If going to a Jet aftermarket will work I'll be happy! I just want to be sure before spending more money. I was told that the New Era should work fine without any tuning or anything else so we'll see. Please keep me posted with your results and I will do likewise.
Here's an idea. Since you're only an hour's drive from New Era, how about taking it to them so they can experience this first-hand themselves?