Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-11-2014, 11:50 PM   #1
Loveride

Drives: Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
2LT Mild2Wild Installation

Howdy, Andy here. I'm about to install the mild2wild exhaust controller in my new 2014 LT and the directions that came with the kit are geared to the ZL1. Is it necessary to do the "ZL1 modification" for an LT installation? or can you just leave the fuse tap intact and just plug in into the f8 fuse slot? I don't want to alter the fuse tap if I don't need to.
Loveride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:11 AM   #2
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
DO you have the dual mode NPP exhaust?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #3
Loveride

Update

Yes, I took a chance and went ahead and installed per instructions including the ZL! mod and so far it seems to be workin fine, I even programmed the Mylink remote buttons to control the Mild2Wild controller so apparently the instructions work on any Camaro that has the NPP Dual Mode exhaust system installed.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #4
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Sweet. Send me the link plz
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:02 PM   #5
hockey061890

Drives: '13 AGM 2LT RS M6
Happy to hear it worked for you, I was thinking about doing this as well and I searched the forums to make sure it would work. I couldn't find anything about one of our V6 NPP Camaro's installing it. Now I know
Old 09-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #6
Loveride

Here's where I purchased mine

http://www.southerncarparts.com/cama...er-p-4039.html
Old 09-14-2014, 11:42 PM   #7
Loveride

Took a nice Sunday drive up to Kernville through Glennville and back through the canyon along the mighty Kern River and gave "Blue Boy" a good workout and the controller worked flawlessly! I'm really happy with it.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:56 PM   #8
nickster127
Black 2014 Camaro 1LT RS

Drives: 2014 1LT Black,NPP, RS, Tints
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveride View Post
Howdy, Andy here. I'm about to install the mild2wild exhaust controller in my new 2014 LT and the directions that came with the kit are geared to the ZL1. Is it necessary to do the "ZL1 modification" for an LT installation? or can you just leave the fuse tap intact and just plug in into the f8 fuse slot? I don't want to alter the fuse tap if I don't need to.
I also have a 2014 LT with the NPP exhaust and i pulled my fuse to make it louder. I was looking around for switches but didnt want to use the one that was only for the zl1 but you said it works. Do you have any pictures or video of how you hooked it up? or can your PM me and explain cause i might buy this since you got it to work. i was iffy haha
Old 09-16-2014, 01:10 AM   #9
Loveride

It's not a switch but a remote controlled device that plugs into the fuse box in the trunk. Click the link in my last post to see the device.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:45 AM   #10
foo.fighter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveride View Post
Dudeee can you take a picture of the instructions please? I just got my mild2wild and no instructions
foo.fighter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mild2wild install