Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-22-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
rhunley14

Drives: Camaro SS
Pfadt springs and sways installed

Purchased the Pfadt springs and sway bars through the group buy around Christmas. Finally got around to installing these and boy do they make a difference. The car to me handles alot better and the look is unbelievable. Pictures do not do this justice. I would recommend for people who are wanting to replace tires and rims to wait until they get this done before they make a decision. I have already committed to 5500.00 worth of tires and rims(22's) and If i would have waited I would have just done springs and sways and put the rest back into the performance of car. Just my two cents..Excellent product..Here are a few pictures. Let me know what you guys think..

rhunley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
BUMBLEB
IN GOD WE THRUST

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS RS M6 TVS2300 2015 Z06
But wait till fist part of Feb PFADT will have out the adjustable camber plates which you will need so you will have to pull back apart and re align

Looks Damn good almost as good as mine LOL
Old 01-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #3
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
click free

2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #4
rhunley14

Billy thank you..Bumbleb your ride looks great with factory rims too..I wish man I would have waited..but we will see how 22s look..
Old 01-23-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Car looks great! We are happy to hear you are pleased with the revised look and feel of the car now. And just as a teaser:

Yes these will be available very soon. A recent scheduled test of these parts and a lot of others, got snowed out So its taking a bit longer than anticipated. Thanks!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #6
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Car looks great! We are happy to hear you are pleased with the revised look and feel of the car now. And just as a teaser:

Yes these will be available very soon. A recent scheduled test of these parts and a lot of others, got snowed out So its taking a bit longer than anticipated. Thanks!
What is this for and how does it fit into your Camaro "Package"?
Thanks!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #7
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
My mistake Z_Rocks, I was referencing BUMBLEB's previous post, but failed to quote it. These are our Pfadt adjustable camber plates for the front of the Camaro. When installed, these will accomodate well over an extra degree of negative camber for racing purposes, as well as providing a quick, repeatable, and easy way to adjust camber on your car when installing drop springs or coilovers. Let me know if you want any more info regarding these. Thank you for inquiring!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:07 AM   #8
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Damn. I need to take a freaking class.

OP, is there a super noticeable difference in cornering? Or is it fairly subtle?
Old 01-24-2010, 08:05 AM   #9
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
I went with Pfadt Sport Sway Bars as well - see this thread for my post - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60477

I noticed an immediate performance gain in cornering with the Sport Sway Bars installed - my 2LT Camaro held curves tighter, the front end was level and there was no understeer I could feel.

I appreciate the time Aaron Pfadt spent with me to understand sway bars / springs / coil overs - his explanations plus the references from so many camaro5 members made going with Pfadt products the clear choice. Next up is are the coil overs in the Spring/Summer once the summer Pirellis are back on...
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #10
racer50200

Drives: 2010 White 2SS/RS Camaro 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Damn. I need to take a freaking class.

OP, is there a super noticeable difference in cornering? Or is it fairly subtle?
I did the Eibach springs and bars and the difference in cornering is AMAZING! I'm sure all drops and bars are the same in this respect. The car responds NOW to steering inputs, and corners like a slot car.

Hope this helps!
shark fin, AAC LED DRL's, Stainless Works
Headers and exhaust, Barton Flat Stick
Shifter, '69 SS emblems, ready for hp boost.....
Help your country.... Buy American Products!!
racer50200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #11
rhunley14

Pq, we have had alot of rain in Georgia since Friday, so I have not been able to test it out much yet..However from the ride home the steering response and cornering was nite and day compared to the factory...I did notice a few more subtle bumps in the road than I have felt before..But the feel of it all just made the car pop..I will update more after I have had the time to test everything..Thanks
Old 01-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #12
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer50200 View Post
I did the Eibach springs and bars and the difference in cornering is AMAZING! I'm sure all drops and bars are the same in this respect. The car responds NOW to steering inputs, and corners like a slot car.

Hope this helps!
I'm hoping so. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhunley14 View Post
Pq, we have had alot of rain in Georgia since Friday, so I have not been able to test it out much yet..However from the ride home the steering response and cornering was nite and day compared to the factory...I did notice a few more subtle bumps in the road than I have felt before..But the feel of it all just made the car pop..I will update more after I have had the time to test everything..Thanks
Cool. I'll be looking forward to the update. So the springs weren't too bad with stiffness and road bumps. Good to hear. Even though it wouldn't bother me much anyway.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #13
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjd24 View Post
I went with Pfadt Sport Sway Bars as well - see this thread for my post - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60477

I noticed an immediate performance gain in cornering with the Sport Sway Bars installed - my 2LT Camaro held curves tighter, the front end was level and there was no understeer I could feel.

I appreciate the time Aaron Pfadt spent with me to understand sway bars / springs / coil overs - his explanations plus the references from so many camaro5 members made going with Pfadt products the clear choice. Next up is are the coil overs in the Spring/Summer once the summer Pirellis are back on...
Being an LT I don't think you'd have the same results as the SS because of stock suspension but as long as I know it made a good difference I feel better about it.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #14
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Good feed back on a great product, and all of this rapport is really made what we do so much easier (thanks fellows for the support). The photos look great, and I am digging the stripe color on the silver!

Regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote