Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-05-2011, 05:14 AM   #15
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Rookie View Post
Trailing arms will really help with the ride quality after drop springs. Sways are a far better option to improved ride quality over drop springs. My reccomendation is to do all three.
Aftermarket sway bars won't do much to improve ride quality but they will make a huge improvement in handling.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:18 AM   #16
72Rookie

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Thats what I meant, Its early and I am stll waiting on my coffee.

Of course the quality of riding in the car is much better with sway bars due to increased handling. yeah thats what I meant
72Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:38 AM   #17
NateSS
1337 AH64D driver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Great info. After reading alot from yall and researching around the web, I think i'll add this to my mod wishlist... a list that grows at an alarming rate...
Old 03-05-2011, 07:43 AM   #18
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Rookie View Post
Trailing arms will really help with the ride quality after drop springs. Sways are a far better option to improved ride quality over drop springs. My reccomendation is to do all three.
How do the trailing arms help ride quality? I know in my 98 they can make it more stable on smooth roads but you felt the bumps more and they had a stiffer feel. If they do on this car I might look into them.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #19
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
you could get Eibach- pro kit for under 200 with discounts
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #20
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbee View Post
How do the trailing arms help ride quality? I know in my 98 they can make it more stable on smooth roads but you felt the bumps more and they had a stiffer feel. If they do on this car I might look into them.
+1

TA's won't affect ride quality themselves. It's the stiffer bushings that will affect ride quality. TA's are stronger versions of a stock piece. They "shouldn't" change the way your car feels during daily driving. They will help in reducing wheel hop but you won't have a problem with wheel hop in daily driving.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:01 AM   #21
72Rookie

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
All I can say is after installing TAs this week, the rear end no longer hops over imperfections in the road. To me that is increased ride quality. Drop springs make the ride noticably rougher to the point I have been considering removing them. TAs have smoothed that out considerably. Weather that is because of the bushings or the TAs is irrellivant to me since they go in together.

To me the car feels more stable in corners and everywhere else since I dont have the rear hopping around on every concrete seam or rough patch. Sway bars are awesome but if the rear wheels dont stay in contact with the pavement youre definately not going to be as smooth or confident while cornering.
72Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote