Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #869
LWM

Drives: #54 ZL 550 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS,GIF
Proud new owner of 2SS/RS CGM /silver rally stripes/Sunroof/GIP with 17 miles sitting in the garage. Brandon Coble of Sterling Chevy, Sterling, Va made the whole experience very enjoyable. Great car! Well worth the wait. Thanks GM!

LWM
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:32 AM   #870
jls

Drives: 2016 1SS
New Camaro LS

Picked her up Yesterday 12/12 Camaro LS, IBM, Black Interior 6 Speed manual, Audia Motors, Millbrook, NY
Sitting in the garage today as sleet is falling.
Attached Images

jls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:42 PM   #871
BBSTING

Drives: 2010 SS2
Are new 2010 SS

Hey Everyone!

My wife and I got our 2010 SS October 21 and we just broke the 1000 Mile mark just last week so I officially considered it broken in. At the rate my wife is going my rear Perli's won't last very long with the potent 426 Hp. I have owned alomst 30 cars in my 35 year driving career and never had I had the response from people like I've gotten on this car not even my H2 had this many thumbs up or people stopping me to ask how I like it. It's been wild! I live near Palm Springs, Ca. so we have plenty of wide open spaces to open it up. So far we got it to 120mph and still had plenty of power to go faster. Dam, this car rocks!! One thing, I have the 6Spd. manuel have any of you guys had a problem with 2nd. I have been having a hard time somtimes getting into 2nd. Not all the time but it dose happend I know it's not me I was born with a stick in my hands. (no pond intended! LOL) Here is some pics of mine!
Thanks!
John- BBSting
Attached Images

BBSTING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:31 PM   #872
LittleRockCGM

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM/IOM 2SS/RS
Delivered 12/12/09 CGM w/ IOM stripes and interior. Love it! Sorry for the indoor pic but weather here not cooperating!
3300 11/11/09 - Order Scheduled for Production (TPW 11/23/09)
3400 11/17/09 - Order Broadcast
3800 11/23/09 - Build Complete (VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9170886)
4000 11/26/09 - Ready to Ship
4200 11/30/09 - Shipped (ETTX854262)
5000 12/11/09 - Delivered to Dealer
6000 12/12/09 - Delivered to Customer (It's Mine!)
LittleRockCGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #873
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
That cyber gray/iom w/stripe combo is beautiful. Good choice .
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:43 PM   #874
ncstatered21

Drives: 2004 Chevy S10 Crew Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaBlueNic View Post
Model/Trim/Options: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro,
V6 6-Speed Manual Transmission 1LT/RS, Black Interior.

**Although not really in the market for a car, I happened to mention on Nov. 6 about a beautiful color on a car I noticed (an Aurora Blue Madza RX-8).
My husband looked that one up, and also found the gorgeous Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro - and we bought it 12 days later!
We are both still in shock!
For me, it’s all about the color; he really wanted a manual transmission,
so he had one transferred on a flatbed truck, from a Chevy dealer in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
It was the only one within a 1000 mile radius that that fit our criteria.
We are so excited! She arrived in Lafayette, Louisiana on Nov. 24, 2009!
We own a Camaro! So gorgeous! Everyone loves it!

Purchased from: Service Chevrolet, Inc., Lafayette, Louisiana.
Our salesman was Craig Allemand, a great guy!
We went in and said we wanted a ABM Camaro with manual transmission,
nothing else would do!
Craig was helpful, respectful, and honest.
It was only his second Camaro sale, and the deal was done in about one week!
Thanks Craig!
It's a smart man who respects what the lady customer wants in her new car!

- See the photo album on my profile. These pics are only quick test pics. Better photos coming soon!
I like how your car matches the wall inside your house. Haha that sweet.

Future Camaro: 2SS, Red Jewel Tint, White Rally Stripe
ncstatered21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #875
McIlmoyle

Drives: 91 Chevrolet Blazer 4X4
I hope everyone is enjoying their new Camaro!! Especially those with the rally stripe package.

I am a supervisor at Ground Effects located in Whitby Ontario, and we install the White, Charcoal, Black, Silver and Orange stripes. We also install the Transformer package as well. Any car with that stripe has gone through us . If you want any updates, pictures, or information on the status of your camaro, just ask! I can track your VIN with the last 6 digits in our system. Tell you who striped it, and at what time it was received shipped and completed.
McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:16 AM   #876
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
rafsanjani, I LOVE your interior, I wish I had gone with that but I didnt know how it would look and now I regret it. It looks great!!
joerod97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #877
killer71

Drives: 2010 camaro
New to the forum and to the camaro world!

Let me know what ya think!
Attached Images

killer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #878
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
killer71, that is a SHARP car! congrats.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:38 PM   #879
2010Bill

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by McIlmoyle View Post
I hope everyone is enjoying their new Camaro!! Especially those with the rally stripe package.

I am a supervisor at Ground Effects located in Whitby Ontario, and we install the White, Charcoal, Black, Silver and Orange stripes. We also install the Transformer package as well. Any car with that stripe has gone through us . If you want any updates, pictures, or information on the status of your camaro, just ask! I can track your VIN with the last 6 digits in our system. Tell you who striped it, and at what time it was received shipped and completed.
McIlmoyle,

Thanks....you guys are producing some great work. Kudos to everyone involved at your plant.

My car made it to Dallas tonight so it should be delivered early next week.

The VIN on mine is 76600 and again, thanks for offering to provide the info on the stripes. Pictures of the facility would be great.

Happy Holidays.....
2010Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:41 AM   #880
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Another Happy Owner

Never thought the day would come but somebody upstairs has been looking out for me. That's the only way I can describe it!

Lemme throw some background at the story so everyone knows where I'm coming from.

Started in '95 with a new 96 Z28. Loved it and ran it till the wheels fell off and I sold it in 2002. Before that, I picked up a '67 RS and drove it till I foolishly took an offer on it and sold it in 2005 to start "saving" for what was to be the 2010 Camaro. Camaroless for all of 2 years, I started looking for another Camaro. This one had to be a barnburner, no frills hot rod. Long search but we found another '96 Z28, hardtop, leather, M6, polished ZR1s.

Lost my job, started burning through my Camaro savings to pay the light bill and put food on the table for the family of 6.

I sold a couple cars I had, but I knew that selling the hardtop '96 would probably leave me Camaroless for who knows how long. Started saving pennies again and ended up getting a casual position with the USPS. Been there working 32-35 hours a week for the last 3 years.

Never losing sight of the Camaro goal, I continued to save anything I could and trade off deals or whatever to get more equity in hopes of "everything going right." I placed a hefty deposit on a "preorder" allocation through a local dealer in April of 2005. I was the number 3 guy on the list.

I get the call to come in and order the car. We order up a Black on Black 2SS/RS/M6 with polished wheels on October 15th. Everything a big kid needs. Nothing less, nothing more. Car comes in on June 22. I get down there, ready to go. Now the price of the car is $8k MORE than what I had agreed to pay for it. With all of the talk on the board here about people getting the shaft, I presumed it was the status quo for these thieves to operate this way. I immediately asked for my deposit plus the interest I would have earned had it been in a CD or Money Market the last 3 years. Without reservation the sales manager refunded my deposit and then some. This was not satisfactory in my opinion, but I was not prepared to get bent over for another $8k. I'm a big believer in Karma and I know what comes around goes around.

SO .....now that you know the whole backstory.

Last Wednesday (the 9th) I'm delivering mail to another dealership, which I see about twice a week, and they are offloading cars in the parking lot. I see two Camaros on the truck. A Summit White car and a Black car. From the bottom, I couldn't really tell if they were V6 cars or V8's. I had kinda been keeping a close eye on the local market, but it seemed like every person in town had spent more than MSRP on their cars so it was not time for me to buy yet. I roll in, drop the mail off, and proceed to use their restroom.

(Daily habit. Theirs happens to be clean and well stocked. A+.)

As I head back out to the lot to get ready to leave, they are pulling in the Black car.

It's a 2SS/RS with polished wheels. And it's a LS3 car. (Miracle #1)

I glance at the sticker, $36k and some change. I'm thinking, right up my alley if they wouldn't do their "regional/limited edition/kiss my ass Markup/"

One of the salesmen see me looking at the car and of course says something exciting like "hey, that's all you man!"

I replied snidely by saying, "only if it were below MSRP, you gave me the GMS discount AND took top dollar for three cars I'd trade you!"

Professionally and politely he says "give me your cell phone number and I'll let you know what we can do." Sure, no problem. "I have caller id and I can always block your number once I find out you won't do shit for me," I think to myself.

Dude calls me like 10 minutes after I leave the dealership. "yeah, we can take care of you. Hows $35k out the door sound?" I'm about ready to go back and sign whatever the hell they want because I'm about to go into shock but I say, eh, "that's still a bit high considering Invoice is close to $32 on that car." He tells me to come in when I get a chance and maybe we can meet halfway.

Just so happens that I'm scheduled off the next day. (Miracle #2)

I go home that night, talk to the wife, and out of right field she's like "yeah, go for it. Trade in the three cars that we don't need and keep my Accord and go get your Camaro."

(Miracle #3)

That next morning, I"m trying to figure out how to take 3 cars to this dealership so that they can work the trades out. My oldest son, who I had "given" the '96 Hardtop to while he needed wheels for a new job, calls me up out of the blue and asks what I was going to be doing on my day off. He lives with his mother and I hardly see him. I reckoned this was another insatnce of devine intervention. Not quite another miracle in the works, but definitely shit lining up in my favor.

So we take two cars down there, let em check em out, and go back for the third car.

After about an hour of negotiations, we deal and I roll out with the car I had been waiting for nearly 4 years!!

Proof positive that there is a God, and he loves people that love Camaros.

-Ivan
'10 2SS/RS #6199
Attached Images

Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:01 AM   #881
Axe

Drives: 2018 LS
Jls - great looking car. That color with the black wheels looks amazing.
Axe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:24 AM   #882
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
- Ordered- 12/Sep/2009
- Date of Delivery- 10/Dec/2009
- Dealership/City- Safat Alghanim, Kuwait
- Model/Trim/Options- 1LT/RS

Im in LOVE with my CGM Camaro RS!!!
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote