Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 10-20-2012, 03:43 AM   #1
bencardenas12

Drives: Black
wanted DIY: ACC halo foglight wiring/ installation

Hello everybody I am purchasing halo foglights and judging by youtube video's I think i will be fine installing the halos in the actual housing, but as for wiring goes i have no idea about that! I'm 18 and don't have any experience in being an electrician, so does anybody have a video of wiring of the halos? or can help me out with "grounds" and everything else! thanks! :thumb up:
or if anyone in the Pasadena/Los Angeles area wants to help out it would be greatly appreciated
bencardenas12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
bencardenas12

bump
Old 10-21-2012, 02:31 AM   #3
Gator6977

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
I've not hooked any of these up, but will take a stab at helping. If these will take the place of your drl/fog lights, use the existing wires that run to your current bulbs.

If they are to run off a switch and you keep your drl/fog lights operational, you have a little more wiring ahead of you.

Grounds are virtually everywhere if you look hard enough. I like to use the bolts that attach the radiator to the top support. For me, it's an easy locate and attach point.

If you are going to run a switch inside your car, there is a pre-existing hole with a plastic grommet just underneath your brake booster. A search or two on here will find you several threads about, some still have pictures up. It can't really be seen because it's so high up under the booster. But, run your power wire for the halos along with another wire for a 12v constant. I found the easiest way was to run one off the lug in the fuse box around and inside. Then it's just a matter of finding a place to mount your switch.

If you got the colorshift variation, you might have a control box to mount. Theres lots of room on top of the underside of our front bumpers. Whatever the set up is, take your time.

Pictures will be expected and if you need more help along the way, ask!
Old 10-21-2012, 03:39 AM   #4
bencardenas12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator6977 View Post
I've not hooked any of these up, but will take a stab at helping. If these will take the place of your drl/fog lights, use the existing wires that run to your current bulbs.

If they are to run off a switch and you keep your drl/fog lights operational, you have a little more wiring ahead of you.

Grounds are virtually everywhere if you look hard enough. I like to use the bolts that attach the radiator to the top support. For me, it's an easy locate and attach point.

If you are going to run a switch inside your car, there is a pre-existing hole with a plastic grommet just underneath your brake booster. A search or two on here will find you several threads about, some still have pictures up. It can't really be seen because it's so high up under the booster. But, run your power wire for the halos along with another wire for a 12v constant. I found the easiest way was to run one off the lug in the fuse box around and inside. Then it's just a matter of finding a place to mount your switch.

If you got the colorshift variation, you might have a control box to mount. Theres lots of room on top of the underside of our front bumpers. Whatever the set up is, take your time.

Pictures will be expected and if you need more help along the way, ask!
Thank you!!! I really appreciate your help!
I will definitely ask you if I run into some trouble

Tags
acc, diy, foglights, halos, wiring