Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #183
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Ok I'll wave at you, goodbye arsehole!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #184
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
@ Banshee

Good to see you back, we have missed your words of wit and edification. Also congrats on your new purchase.
Gracias!

I had to take a sabbatical.

But my dog still eats poop.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 07-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #185
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuSe4 View Post
Um, ok. See ya.
My thoughts exactly.... yeah, later dude.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Old 07-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #186
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
YOU were right! The MSRP of a new ZL1 is 67,005. So I guess the 66,000 is a good deal. Found one in upper 65 range. Thats the only one around here. So, I'm back with you! LINKS!
And I thought I lived in the expensive state. MSRP on my convertible was no where near that. Looks like dealers there like these cars so much they can't bear to part with them.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #187
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
I'm too busy driving and paying attention to the road to wave at anyone.

Plus, by the time I see them coming, before I can take my hand off the wheel, they're already gone.

I don't have a need for people to wave at me to let me know what a wonderful beast I have the privilage to own and drive.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #188
need4spd

Drives: 2012 2SS Black on Black
I agree 100% with the paint issue. My 2012 front and rear bumper and trunk lid is already fading. What is our legal remedy for this? GM should not be using inferior paint on their cars.

current ride - 2012 Black on Black 2SS RS w/ sunroof, muffler delete with SLP exhaust tips, rotofab cai, gm strut brace, BMR 1.4 drop springs all four corners, Stainless Power 1 7/8 long tubes, Hex Vents, Jannetty Racing Tune, Helmholtz J pipe, MMR 228 Z28 replica wheels.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #189
SSinisterLS3

Drives: 07 C6 LS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post

I can comfortably say that I have never been able to "sleep better at night" because of LEO's. If something happens it takes 15-30 mins for them to show up, which by then is pointless anyways.

Ok, I better stop before I get in trouble on here because god forbid freedom of speech about something like this. That is all.

So why did you call for help in the first place? Don't like us, don't call us. When you get broke into, don't call us for a case number for your insurance to cover your stuff. Just work your *** off and buy it all again. Don't call us if someone in your family gets killed. Do the fingerprints, dna, and investigation yourself. Funny how that stuff never happens. Those who say "Ain't callin the cops," are the first to pick up the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
Around my parts, if you screw around in a new camaro, the cops learn your car very quickly and start looking for you
ROFL!!!! Really? Yup, I'm going to put this vest on and go find that guy that drives a 1998 Camaro with the euro tails and the fuzzy dice. ROFLLL!! You just made my day. I stop over 300 cars a month. Really. How in the world am I going to "learn" a car and come "find you"? LOL Jeeze. I just spit some tea on my laptop. That's. That's funny. Got to share that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post

It sounds like you bought your car for personal attention, and it didn't work out. In my book, you are not a car enthusiast, so I could careless that you got rid of the car, and your reasoning has no weight with me.
Why are people saying "Don't care," but...you do if you take the time to say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4spd View Post
I agree 100% with the paint issue. My 2012 front and rear bumper and trunk lid is already fading. What is our legal remedy for this? GM should not be using inferior paint on their cars.
Since most people here say this doesn't happen will flame you for saying that, I will help you. There is a TSB for the spoiler peeling paint from the trunk lid. However, it does not GUARANTEE A FREE FIX as most here believe. The front, since it is a 2012, should still be covered under the 3/36. Most people here are going to tell you the previous owner painted that wrong. (Psst. I'm sure you're the original owner, huh?) Yeah, just try to work it out with a dealer. If that doesn't work, try GM customer service on the forum. After that, I would keep on them about it. I didn't want to do all of that because I never have with any car I have had. Why should I start now, on the most expensive one I have had? LOL. Just doesn't make any sense, right? BUT if you love your car and really can not part with it, that would be the way to go.

Last edited by SSinisterLS3; 07-10-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #190
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Only 1 of your 3 points is a legitimate beef. The paint. Fair enough. My thoughts on the paint - it's not great, but not bad.

Points 2 and 3 are frankly, hilarious. You seem very obsessed with the image your car is projecting and people seeing you in it.

I buy a car for me to enjoy for myself. I don't care what anybody else thinks, nor what anybody else is doing. If I saw 50 Camaros on the road a day that looked like mine, I could careless.

I also didn't buy the car as a means to a social clique to have friends. You are dissappointed people don't wave at you? I'm sorry, that's sad.

It sounds like you bought your car for personal attention, and it didn't work out. In my book, you are not a car enthusiast, so I could careless that you got rid of the car, and your reasoning has no weight with me.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
Old 07-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #191
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
So why did you call for help in the first place? Don't like us, don't call us. When you get broke into, don't call us for a case number for your insurance to cover your stuff. Just work your *** off and buy it all again. Don't call us if someone in your family gets killed. Do the fingerprints, dna, and investigation yourself. Funny how that stuff never happens. Those who say "Ain't callin the cops," are the first to pick up the phone.

ROFL!!!! Really? Yup, I'm going to put this vest on and go find that guy that drives a 1998 Camaro with the euro tails and the fuzzy dice. ROFLLL!! You just made my day. I stop over 300 cars a month. Really. How in the world am I going to "learn" a car and come "find you"? LOL Jeeze. I just spit some tea on my laptop. That's. That's funny. Got to share that one.

Why are people saying "Don't care," but...you do if you take the time to say so.

Since most people here say this doesn't happen will flame you for saying that, I will help you. There is a TSB for the spoiler peeling paint from the trunk lid. However, it does not GUARANTEE A FREE FIX as most here believe. The front, since it is a 2012, should still be covered under the 3/36. Most people here are going to tell you the previous owner painted that wrong. (Psst. I'm sure you're the original owner, huh?) Yeah, just try to work it out with a dealer. If that doesn't work, try GM customer service on the forum. After that, I would keep on them about it. I didn't want to do all of that because I never have with any car I have had. Why should I start now, on the most expensive one I have had? LOL. Just doesn't make any sense, right? BUT if you love your car and really can not part with it, that would be the way to go.
You are a tool my friend......

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Old 07-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #192
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
You are a tool my friend......
+1.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #193
MichiganSRT
SRT and SS

Drives: 08' Jeep SRT8 / 13' 2SS Conv.
Sorry man, you must be new to forums, you cant come on here with those complaints and expect legitimate responses. First off people dont take criticism well of the car they love, and also doesnt help that every bad@ss behind a keyboard with the anonymity of the internet thinks they can be a hard guy all of the sudden. All iI can really say is this:

1) As a detailer I can say that the paint on the camaros I have detailed (varying by color) is fairly poor for a large manufacturer. But you have to realize the shear amount of cars that get turned out and a large majority have no problems at all, and some problems have no way of being addressed as they may happen a way down the line (sometimes years later) because of no tell tale signs of problems to come. You would lose your mind if you thought your paint was bad and then saw some of the Ferrari's I do straight from Italy with sanding marks still on the paint and RIDS, when their options in CF cost as much as brand new ZL1 and much poor paint than some camaro's I have done. A definite legit gripe in my book on this one though.

2) I completely agree, as many people won't, but IMO unless you heavily mod the camaro (wheels/custom paint/ground effects/exhaust/custom lights/spoiler) it looks exactly like any other camaro on the road rolling. I know I'll get flamed for that but IMO they do all look the same unless you drop like 6k more in parts to set it apart, and also IMO you shouldnt have to do with a new sports car. A bolt on LS3 is money btw, very mod-able. That being said thats also a positive in my mind as you might slink under the radar and be less noticed which is more of my style anyways cause one thing you have to remember, there is always someone faster than you. My SRT jeep is the same way, it looks just like any other GC in many peoples minds but that has cost many SS/GT500/corvettes their man card as a jeep pulls them from the light. So I guess it just matters how you feel about it, IMO if you want to be noticed a camaro isn't your car unless heavily modded, if you wanna be noticed pick up a more limited production car.

3) and the weirdest reason, I have occurred this same thing as at car shows try to work in the fact of having camaros and people could care less, but that is just how people are. It really shouldnt determine which car you chose as with any make of car you buy you will run into people who have more camaraderie and those who could care less. Around here the Michigan guys at events are pretty strong together so idk what more than that you can ask for. Its happened to me too where I have waved in the camaro and no wave back but I just write it off as a stuck up person who thinks they are too cool for me, which lets get serious they aren't, its a camaro not a Lamborghini and some people need that to make themselves feel special to think they are better than a wave, which is also sad for them. Again another problem you will encounter with any kind of car you buy, whether its cool or not.

Your first mistake was getting online and thinking people would take criticism well, your second IMO was buying another GM product if you disliked your camaro so much. Also makes it hard to feel bad for you because you knew what you were getting into before you bought it, you know there are so many as a mass produced car they are a dime a dozen. Hope you enjoy the vette, they are a great machine but unfortunately you will be a dime a dozen again with the corvette people. I would look into a proper detail for that vette soon though, looks a bit dull even in the sun.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #194
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
OP thanks for posting this. I LOLed at some of the responses. A rare treat!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #195
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Everyone should keep in mind that the OP is a Police Officer. He's irritated enough to sell a car because other Camaro drivers don't wave at him. Jeez, if he pulls you over and you don't grab your license and registration in a timely fashion, he may taze you for the Hell of it. Hey OP, can I see your psych evaluation score from the academy? Dude, get a grip!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 07-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #196
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I've been following this forum and I'm surprised just how long this has been going on...I also want to know why my BROKE ass is driving a Camaro and why people aren't waving at me? Life's tough. Get a old Vette.

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.

Closed Thread