Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #113
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
Granted, I do not like the ZR1 just because of it's price as well. The base vette is only one second slower in the quarter for half price. Also, the Z06 is just the better all around choice. Z06s have pulled high tens with just slicks in c6 form. Testing has shown it capable of 11.4 @126 stock. Lingenfelter's own 700whp ZL1 was only half second faster. How can you say you have the better setup when that 700whp ZL1 is pulling slicked stock Z06 times?
I'll never understand why people take a car that was designed to carve corners and dominate road courses to the drag strip... Vettes aren't drag cars... the base Vette may only be one second slower in the quarter, but that's a huge difference in 1/4 mile times... and what's the difference at Nurburgring? It's hard to hate on the ZR1 when it can grease most of the imports for 1/3 the price... the price point is not the issue... it's a 638hp, from the factory, monster.

By the way, I know it's a thankless job, but thanks for your service to your community.

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #114
SSinisterLS3

Drives: 07 C6 LS2
Not one ZL1 owner has come in here. Also, no answer to post 112.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Est.July.4.1776 View Post
I'll never understand why people take a car that was designed to carve corners and dominate road courses to the drag strip... Vettes aren't drag cars... the base Vette may only be one second slower in the quarter, but that's a huge difference in 1/4 mile times... and what's the difference at Nurburgring? It's hard to hate on the ZR1 when it can grease most of the imports for 1/3 the price... the price point is not the issue... it's a 638hp, from the factory, monster.

By the way, I know it's a thankless job, but thanks for your service to your community.
Thanks. Same to you, and thanks what you do for us and the community as well.

I do like the ZR1, just hate it for the price tag. Overseas, it is even more. Almost half a million in Australia. Crazy! BUT, thats what you get when you call and say "Hi, need one of these in right hand drive please."
Old 07-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #115
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
[QUOTE=SSinisterLS3;6769374]92,000 bucks? For 92,000 bucks I can make a Miata a car people would envy. This makes no sense at all. You spent wayyyy too much money to get 700hp. The ZR1 is a one owner, no accidents. Easy. Most ZR1s don't even have that mileage. Repossessions. Granted, I do not like the ZR1 just because of it's price as well. The base vette is only one second slower in the quarter for half price. Also, the Z06 is just the better all around choice. Z06s have pulled high tens with just slicks in c6 form. Testing has shown it capable of 11.4 @126 stock. Lingenfelter's own 700whp ZL1 was only half second faster. How can you say you have the better setup when that 700whp ZL1 is pulling slicked stock Z06 times?

I spent around $10,000 to get 700 hp.....???

The rest has been in the rest of the mods, suspension, driveline, cosmetic,everything else. If you want 700 hp, get a $30,000 used 1SS, add $10,000 to it and you will have a 700 HP car for $40K, 1/3 the cost of a ZL1

Is your vette a Z06???

I spent the money on my camaro because i wanted A CAMARO. I was not trying to make it into something else, I do not care what others have, I do not have car ENVY, I have a plan, I know what I want in my dream camaro and I am damn near there. I did not buy a camaro and get pout that someone else bought one as well????? I bought a camaro because I WANTED A CAMARO, end of story.

Your vette is a nice car but I think you will find as far as comfort goes, it will not be as comfortable to drive as the camaro.

Plus, the reason there are fewer vettes around is because they are not nearly as practical as the camaros, they are two seaters, not many family guys will own a vette until they are near retirement age. A camaro can work for a family guy, they are more practical and they just kick ass as far as looks, thats why they are making so many.

I for one am glad GM is making alot of them, maybe they can get out from under the boot of the Government if they can keep making good cars that we want to buy.

This tread is getting tiresome. Why exactly did you come on Camaro5 and bash camaros to say you traded it in for a vette. There have got to be some vette sites out there that you should have posted on.

Anyway good luck I guess. Try to hang in there when you pass your first vette driver that does not wave back to you.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #116
fastgun

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
2013 ZL1 at my local dealership for $57, 000. Looked at it and a 2013 vette for $63, 000. They would knock a bunch of cash off the vette but not the Camaro. That shows you what the best seller is.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #117
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
It is what it is.....I love your 'Vette. I am also thinking about trading mine in next spring on a '06 or '07 'Vette. Not because I am unhappy with my Camaro, just because I want one. Always said that when I turn 60, I will own a 'Vette. LOL
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

Old 07-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #118
WONSS

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS M6 SUMMITT WHITE
OP............ I KIND OF UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE WAIVING THING FOR ONE REASON. I RIDE SPORTBIKES AND MOTORCYLCE RIDERS WAVE ALL THE TIME, SO WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT THE SS I KIND OF THOUGHT IT WOULD BE LIKE THAT WITH OTHER CAMARO OWNERS......well I was wrong....in my opinion instead of writing that whole book you wrote, just kept it simple by saying "I SOLD THE CAMARO AND BOUGHT THIS VETTE..." YOU SHOULD OF KNOWN YOU WERE GOING TO GET BASHED FOR THE POSTING JUST MY 2 PENNIES....
Old 07-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #119
Baylor16

Drives: 06' 350z 6M, Future: 13' VR 1le 6M
Quote:

I do like the ZR1, just hate it for the price tag. Overseas, it is even more. Almost half a million in Australia. Crazy! BUT, thats what you get when you call and say "Hi, need one of these in right hand drive please."
This dude is just begging for an argument
Old 07-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #120
fastgun

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:

I do believe 2012-1822 owns a ZL1. Just clarifying that.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #121
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:

Um

And I'll answer 112 for you, no you can't make a Miata enviable for any amount of money

Never mind, no time for this jazz, I'm out
Old 07-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #122
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Hey break ups always end well.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #123
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
lmao... are you blind ? AZ2SSRS. is a ZL1 owner look before you think that you're stating the facts. ZL1 OWNERS are in here.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #124
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
Quote:
In eight years. You guys achieved that number in 3. The reason why the C6 was chunking 40,000 units in 07 was because the Camaro was taking a nap. Also, it is the sole reason Chevrolet kept going. 36,000 units in 06, and 08. Then, 09 dropped off with the reintro of the Camaro that decided to come back. This should show you something if you are intelligent. It means they pulled workers away from vette plants and positions to keep up with the unreal demand for the camaro. That means rushed product. The LS3? The corvette says your welcome.
Eh, much of the Corvette's program is pretty self contained- obviously they don't utilize the metalfab plants like the Camaro does, so no change there, the only real difference would be the ramped up production at powertrain plants to keep up with production, but that hasn't been the weak point... the Corvette likely thrived because people wanted a performance car but the 'Vette was the only option... with the Camaro coming back, of course it would ding on the 'Vette sales... plus it was the 'latest and greatest' new thing, so I'd be willing to bet that a lot of potential Vette buyers went with a Camaro just because of the wow factor. (Also the interior on the C6 'Vette is absolutely atrocious... I love the rest of the car, but the Camaro's interior destroys the C6... C7, on the other hand....) Anyways, a close friend of mine was a 'Vette Tech at the Milford Proving Grounds so I always get a lot of insight and information... plus the 'Vette is still what I'm passionate about, even though I love my Camaro.

I do find it entertaining that you bought a Camaro just to complain about how it wasn't a Corvette...

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #125
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:

There have been several ZL1 owners post in here, also in #112 all I see are statements and no questions.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #126
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Lol I live in a city of 2.5 million people and for every 1 camaro I see 4 vettes. Pretty boring to look at and I never turn my head to look at one nor do I see others but hey whatever makes you happy.
- Kooks high flow cats - Borla atak 2.5" cat back exhaust - Dyno tune - AFM delete - 94 octane tune - Vitesse paddle shifters - Blacked out rims - Costum painted engine cover - T3 stripes - GM locking gas cap

Closed Thread