Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #71
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
I never knew that choosing and buying cutouts was so difficult.
Seriously? It's PQ, dude!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #72
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Seriously? It's PQ, dude!
Which is why I posted what I did.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #73
techinny

Drives: '18 Sierra Denali '05 GMC 2500HD
If the shoe, errrr diverters fit,.......... There is a picture on Noweeds website that is taken from the level of the rocker panel, (car is up on a lift) and you can't see the diverters.

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #74
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
From the pics I saw, they sit too low for a lowered car. (I just went through this.)

Watch those speed bumps!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #75
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Ok.

So went to two shops. Both shops said no. Mainly because of the way my headers are bent at the ends and how far they come back. Pics below you can see them. But even if they weren't, the auto tranny leaves not enough room for how low my car sits. Which is non-negotiable. My car stays at it's current height.

We walked under the entire car and looked at every config possible using the current exhaust. One guy said he could get some pipe and build me a system that fit and flowed right but it would end up costing me big and he would not warranty it. He said he liked the noweeds system at that point.

One shop said forget it. They wouldn't even accept the responsibility of how tight it was. The other said they'll do it the way I tell them against their better judgement but as soon as I drive off it's mine.

Every config had them hanging too low or facing each other leaving little or no room for a turndown.

Back side of the S pipes like the QTP rectangle ones posted earlier in this thread are the ONLY option outside of noweeds. Showed them a pic of the rectangle QTP and how it was welded in to the side and he said maybe on a 3" exhaust but he wouldn't fool with it with mine. The one guy said being a right angle out he didn't like that idea anyway. Even cutting the X pipe he said they'd have to bend the pipes to get them to catch up at the new joints because the center X pipe section bends up and then back down in the middle.

My perfect storm of no dice is the type of headers the auto tranny and Borla exhaust is so bent up. Bottom line is both agreed that they'd have to redo too much on this exhaust.

Both shops suggested putting them in the rear by the mufflers.

So there you have it. Mobile Alabama.

Name:  20120308_162636.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  353.8 KB

Name:  20120308_162644.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  360.9 KB

Name:  20120308_162704.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  391.4 KB

Name:  20120308_162709.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  373.8 KB

Name:  20120308_162718.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  355.7 KB

Name:  20120308_162727.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  292.8 KB

Name:  20120308_162733.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  342.4 KB
Old 03-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #76
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techinny View Post
If the shoe, errrr diverters fit,.......... There is a picture on Noweeds website that is taken from the level of the rocker panel, (car is up on a lift) and you can't see the diverters.
And idea of the noweeds clearance from member AngelSpeedFreak

Old 03-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #77
PQ
Booooosted.

From Canadian Camaro

Clearance looks pretty good.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #78
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ok.

So went to two shops. Both shops said no. Mainly because of the way my headers are bent at the ends and how far they come back. Pics below you can see them. But even if they weren't, the auto tranny leaves not enough room for how low my car sits. Which is non-negotiable. My car stays at it's current height.

We walked under the entire car and looked at every config possible using the current exhaust. One guy said he could get some pipe and build me a system that fit and flowed right but it would end up costing me big and he would not warranty it. He said he liked the noweeds system at that point.

One shop said forget it. They wouldn't even accept the responsibility of how tight it was. The other said they'll do it the way I tell them against their better judgement but as soon as I drive off it's mine.

Every config had them hanging too low or facing each other leaving little or no room for a turndown.

Back side of the S pipes like the QTP rectangle ones posted earlier in this thread are the ONLY option outside of noweeds. Showed them a pic of the rectangle QTP and how it was welded in to the side and he said maybe on a 3" exhaust but he wouldn't fool with it with mine. The one guy said being a right angle out he didn't like that idea anyway. Even cutting the X pipe he said they'd have to bend the pipes to get them to catch up at the new joints because the center X pipe section bends up and then back down in the middle.

My perfect storm of no dice is the type of headers the auto tranny and Borla exhaust is so bent up. Bottom line is both agreed that they'd have to redo too much on this exhaust.

Both shops suggested putting them in the rear by the mufflers.

So there you have it. Mobile Alabama.

Attachment 345191

Attachment 345192

Attachment 345193

Attachment 345194

Attachment 345195

Attachment 345196

Attachment 345197
I could make them fit with no problem.

seriously. looking at those pics of your whole system... I could make it fit, and not rattle, and still have ground clearance, not cost you an arm and a leg, no welds (unless you wanted them), and clear the trans brace

also... you could have the option of mounting them right behind the S pipes... your 3rd and last pic shows the best view

Quote:
And idea of the noweeds clearance from member AngelSpeedFreak

ummm... he doesnt have long tube headers tho...

Quote:
From Canadian Camaro

Clearance looks pretty good.

where was the camera situated in that shot? under the car? right under the rocker pnl? camera doesnt give you full perspective.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #79
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
I could make them fit with no problem.

seriously. looking at those pics of your whole system... I could make it fit, and not rattle, and still have ground clearance, not cost you an arm and a leg, no welds (unless you wanted them), and clear the trans brace

also... you could have the option of mounting them right behind the S pipes... your 3rd and last pic shows the best view
Cut-out motors ..... 400.00
Stainless diverters ..... 100.00
Gas to Gregs house ..... 300.00
Beer drank at Gregs house ..... 50.00

Ass whoopin' by Bonnie ..... Not worth the 100.00 saved.

For real, that would be all well and good but then there's that 28 hour drive.

Stopped by a shop called 'Custom Muffler' this morning. He said he'll do it.

For 800.00

Says he basically needs to redo the whole thing. The Borla is just too bent up for him to work with. He showed me what he was talking about. (I already knew) He said he'd have to bend the pipes that are there now to make it work and agreed with shortening up the X pipe but would have to bend the shortened section since it saw arched in the middle and it would be easier and better to put all new pipe in and blah blah blah.................. Basically said no on the current pipes and wants to make me a whole new set-up. But at a ridiculous cost.

Of course he bad mouthed Borla exhaust. Gibson this and Gibson that Gibson Gibson Gibson.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #80
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Cut-out motors ..... 400.00
Stainless diverters ..... 100.00
Gas to Gregs house ..... 300.00
Beer drank at Gregs house ..... 50.00

Ass whoopin' by Bonnie ..... Not worth the 100.00 saved.

For real, that would be all well and good but then there's that 28 hour drive.

Stopped by a shop called 'Custom Muffler' this morning. He said he'll do it.

For 800.00

Says he basically needs to redo the whole thing. The Borla is just too bent up for him to work with. He showed me what he was talking about. (I already knew) He said he'd have to bend the pipes that are there now to make it work and agreed with shortening up the X pipe but would have to bend the shortened section since it saw arched in the middle and it would be easier and better to put all new pipe in and blah blah blah.................. Basically said no on the current pipes and wants to make me a whole new set-up. But at a ridiculous cost.

Of course he bad mouthed Borla exhaust. Gibson this and Gibson that Gibson Gibson Gibson.

first off... why did you need stainless diverters?

secondly, you already have the cutouts... and you were getting them anyway

thirdly... I'll do some photo editing of the pics and see what I can come up with for you to take a gander at later today

oh, and you and bonnie can take a trip to Charleston next weekend and meet me at the beach house and we can do it there. that way Bonnie gets something out of the whole trip...lol

and $800.00.... just for the install?
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 03-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #81
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
first off... why did you need stainless diverters?

secondly, you already have the cutouts... and you were getting them anyway

thirdly... I'll do some photo editing of the pics and see what I can come up with for you to take a gander at later today

and $800.00.... just for the install?
1st I figured for no rust I guess.

2nd I was talking in conjunction with noweeds. I can send these back for 500.00 refund. 514.00 actually. lol

3rd, I'll check it out when you post. Remember, the center X pipe section is arched. So he said they'd have to bend the pipe or fugure something our to get it to meet right at the new joint. It would force the pipe way downward if we cut it and slid the X section back. He said maybe bend the pipe.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #82
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
PQ I must stop reading this - my head hurts!! And here I thought everything I get into gets really complicated fast! You beat me by a long shot - poor guy. Good luck and if it helps I now have to get my driveway curb cut down (I have no idea yet how much but at least 1k - I bet) so my new cutouts and HF cats stop scraping. Where does it stop?

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #83
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
1st I figured for no rust I guess.

2nd I was talking in conjunction with noweeds. I can send these back for 500.00 refund. 514.00 actually. lol

3rd, I'll check it out when you post. Remember, the center X pipe section is arched. So he said they'd have to bend the pipe or fugure something our to get it to meet right at the new joint. It would force the pipe way downward if we cut it and slid the X section back. He said maybe bend the pipe.
I can understand no rust... but $100.00 is a bit pricey for that. I think I paid $50.00 for a pair of 3" stainless cutout ypipes...

3 years ago

$500 refund... for which ones? the noweeds or the Jegs ones you have? (and is that including the $100 stainless y-pipe cost?)

I'll get to your pics here in a few min. got some stuff to clean up at work first.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 03-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #84
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
PQ I must stop reading this - my head hurts!! And here I thought everything I get into gets really complicated fast! You beat me by a long shot - poor guy. Good luck and if it helps I now have to get my driveway curb cut down (I have no idea yet how much but at least 1k - I bet) so my new cutouts and HF cats stop scraping. Where does it stop?
It never stops. Hahahahaha

Quote:
I can understand no rust... but $100.00 is a bit pricey for that. I think I paid $50.00 for a pair of 3" stainless cutout ypipes...

3 years ago

$500 refund... for which ones? the noweeds or the Jegs ones you have? (and is that including the $100 stainless y-pipe cost?)

I'll get to your pics here in a few min. got some stuff to clean up at work first.
The stainless y pipes are 51.00 a piece on Jegs. And yes the 500.00 is for both pipes and the motors.