Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #211
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Doesn't really matter on this godawful urethane coated leather. You're conditioning the plastic on top, not the leather. I like Werkstat Satin Prot for all interior surfaces. Ultima Interior Guard Plus is a great one too.
exactly - all plastic now....I use poorboty's natural look - matte finish....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #212
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
What is the best leather conditioner for our cars? Or what ever the hell are seats are made out of lol
Well I maintain my leather with ultima interior guard. Leaves my seats super smooth and plastic doesn't turn greasy
Old 05-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #213
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Doesn't really matter on this godawful urethane coated leather. You're conditioning the plastic on top, not the leather. I like Werkstat Satin Prot for all interior surfaces. Ultima Interior Guard Plus is a great one too.
Ya I don't like the fake leather but what can ya do. I will try one of those when my current bottle runs out. Thanks for the info!
Old 05-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #214
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Had some help today. And if you ever catch me washing in the afternoon sun again you have my permission to I feel like a rookie I just finished going over the car with detail spray and some Americana and I still see spots. Seriously had fun with my daughter but I don't know how you pros keep the spots off the car in the sun.
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #215
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Rinseless washes. Dry the panel before water even has a chance to sit on it and etch in.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #216
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
Rinseless washes. Dry the panel before water even has a chance to sit on it and etch in.
our star - ihaveacamaro:

Old 05-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #217
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
That's the one ^ !
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #218
Glen e

The only thing I do is I put the towel on the car without ringing it out watsoever - I want it dripping and sopping so the paint gets as much water for lube as possible...and don't press but hold by corners and pull the whole towel across the surface for max lubricity...
Old 05-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #219
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Ok ok I'll try it. I just love my process and when I get a jump on the day my driveway doesn't see the sun till about 10:30. This is the first time I washed it in the sun and it will be my last.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #220
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post
Had some help today. And if you ever catch me washing in the afternoon sun again you have my permission to I feel like a rookie I just finished going over the car with detail spray and some Americana and I still see spots. Seriously had fun with my daughter but I don't know how you pros keep the spots off the car in the sun.
Who cares? Having fun with your daughter is what counts. You're not gonna look at this picture in ten years and remember the water spots. I give you credit for 'being there' when so many these days aren't.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-26-2013, 10:36 PM   #221
The Sandman
Flying Low & Raining 3's

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Ann. Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
It's pretty awesome on glass too.
Good stuff - started using it after every wash.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #222
otter

Drives: Eastbound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post

Enjoy the time with your daughter. Kids grow up so fast. My kids are out doing a million things. I almost never see them!
Old 05-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #223
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Golf all weekend.

Btw. looks like somebody was drunk at Autopia this week:

Attachment 514411

Kind of tired of their crap at this point to be honest. Too many mistakes and customer service is pretty horrible lately. I have a call in about this latest screw up, so we'll see what they say.
Just to update. Today they returned my phone call with a form email. Asked me for verification of tape color?, whether the package was damaged, what needed replaced, etc.

Returned info to them with pics, was adamant that the box was undamaged and was NOT FedEx's fault. I got a response just now that they are filing a claim with FedEx for a damaged package during transit. That pisses me off. Trying to make FedEx eat the cost for their screw up. FedEx didn't open the box, unscrew the cap, and put it all back in.

I am getting a new bottle of UIG+ and a new applicator but that's beyond shady.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #224
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Just to update. Today they returned my phone call with a form email. Asked me for verification of tape color?, whether the package was damaged, what needed replaced, etc.

Returned info to them with pics, was adamant that the box was undamaged and was NOT FedEx's fault. I got a response just now that they are filing a claim with FedEx for a damaged package during transit. That pisses me off. Trying to make FedEx eat the cost for their screw up. FedEx didn't open the box, unscrew the cap, and put it all back in.

I am getting a new bottle of UIG+ and a new applicator but that's beyond shady.
Youre not the first person complaining about bad service lately.

As long as I get my stuff properly and treated right, I continue to shop from them, but it seems they are getting too big to handle customer service as well as they used to...

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote