Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #43
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Quote:
Originally Posted by edz10ss View Post
Wow! looked like a fun show. I loved that blk or gray one with orange stripes and possibly a SLP Hood? If anyone knows which exact hood this person had please let me know. It had the 45th Anniv. painted in it too. Hot.
The event was awesome, more fun than most expected, great people, clear weather and best of all, no cops to bother us, it was a great day.

The car in question is a 45th, it is owned by member Exflirt, I am the builder.
The hood is by TruFiber, much better finish and quality than an SLP, it is also a functional hood. TruFiber has been huge in the Mustang world and has recently started to build Camaro hoods. I was amazed how well the hood fit when I test fitted it, I don't think I spent 5 minutes installing and lining it up. I've never had an aftermarket hood fit so perfect, all the gaps are factory like.

This 45th was the one featured on the homepage back in Aug. when it was the first delivered on the west coast and the 3rd 45th delivered, I transformed it into Exflirt's vision of what a 45th should be. I was also featured at SEMA in the Magnuson Supercharger's booth.
The stripes are my version of the 45th stripes with the colors reversed, the red is 35th anniv Rallye Red with a hint of Crystal pearl mixed in to pay tribute to Exflirt's 35th anniv Camaro.

Contact me with any other questions if you like.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #44
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Drives: Soon - 2015 Z06 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
5 Minute video of various parts of the day yesterday.
Steve, great shots and the angles on the video are cool. Fantastic compilation, too! I know that took time and we all are appreciative, I'm sure. You're officially hired as our media guru Pay's not very good, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edz10ss View Post
Wow! looked like a fun show. I loved that blk or gray one with orange stripes and possibly a SLP Hood? If anyone knows which exact hood this person had please let me know. It had the 45th Anniv. painted in it too. Hot.
Thank you, thank you - that's my girl Lyssa is the first 45th Anniversary in CA, pushed through the system by a friend at GM even though there were heavy constraints on them at the time.

She's is a tribute to my cherished 35th Anniversary that was totaled in an accident on March 8th 2010, so the stripes are painted in the 4th gen Rally Red. I knew from the beginning that my car had to have the hood replaced, as I think of "hood scoop" when I envision an SS. Rick had been talking about putting his own spin on the stripes and I thought of the idea of swapping the silver and red after he complained that the stock colors did not have enough "pop" to them. This also furthered my aim to ensure my 5th gen was truly a tribute car to my 4th gen.

I shopped for quite a while to find the right hood. I reached out to SLP but the hood I wanted wasn't available. I then discovered this one, and it turns out I like it even better than my initial first choice!!! It has some elements that kind of remind me of the 4th gen scoop, namely the way the spears come together a little bit towards the front and the fact that it is functional. TruFiber was wonderful to work on with the hood. Rick said the first hood they put on the car was a perfect fit and this amazed him. I have rarely heard him so enthusiastic about a company he just started working with. I met the TruFiber guys at SEMA and encouraged them to step up production of Camaro parts, because if the quality of my hood is any indication of the types of products they will put out I would be first in line to purchase more! (Especially a great looking front spoiler for the V-6 front end - HINT, HINT!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by urr2slo View Post
The event was awesome, more fun than most expected, great people, clear weather and best of all, no cops to bother us, it was a great day.

The car in question is a 45th, it is owned by member Exflirt, I am the builder.
The hood is by TruFiber, much better finish and quality than an SLP, it is also a functional hood. TruFiber has been huge in the Mustang world and has recently started to build Camaro hoods. I was amazed how well the hood fit when I test fitted it, I don't think I spent 5 minutes installing and lining it up. I've never had an aftermarket hood fit so perfect, all the gaps are factory like.

This 45th was the one featured on the homepage back in Aug. when it was the first delivered on the west coast and the 3rd 45th delivered, I transformed it into Exflirt's vision of what a 45th should be. I was also featured at SEMA in the Magnuson Supercharger's booth.
The stripes are my version of the 45th stripes with the colors reversed, the red is 35th anniv Rallye Red with a hint of Crystal pearl mixed in to pay tribute to Exflirt's 35th anniv Camaro.

Contact me with any other questions if you like.
It was a wonderful event, with sun even though it was chilly. Thank goodness for a powerful heater and butt warmers!
8.26.2014 - Deposit placed with Mike Furman @ Criswell Corvette in MD for 2015 2LZ Laguna Blue Z06 Convertible, navigation, carbon flash gfx, carbon flash stinger stripe, spectra gray wheels, dark gray calipers, gray interior, suede seat inserts. EXCITED is an understatement!
exflirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #45
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Drives: Soon - 2015 Z06 Convertible
We miss you guys too! Maybe soon Lyssa will be down that way for an event, but right now we're (meaning "me") are still recovering from all the frequent LA trips. It's a big disruption to schedules, not to mention $$, with a little one in the family. You should have seen how backed up on laundry I got!

I do look forward to another SoCal event though - there's nothing like 'em!

(Dang, those are two good looking cars... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsddunerider View Post
We missed you guys at Motor 4 Toys today!

8.26.2014 - Deposit placed with Mike Furman @ Criswell Corvette in MD for 2015 2LZ Laguna Blue Z06 Convertible, navigation, carbon flash gfx, carbon flash stinger stripe, spectra gray wheels, dark gray calipers, gray interior, suede seat inserts. EXCITED is an understatement!
exflirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:29 PM   #46
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
Omg this made home page and i'm apart of it.
lol jk but not really.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #47
SS_Los

Drives: 2011 CGM 1SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black On Black On Black View Post
lol jk but not really.
We made it to the big leagues!
SS_Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #48
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #49
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
and Videos!
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #50
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Very nice pictures!
Old 12-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #51
steveo9043

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
Ya'll are lucky! we got our toys for tots thing going on tomorrow. Todays weather snow and 28. Tomorrow morning 13 degree's!

Im moving to CALI!
steveo9043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #52
SS_Los

Drives: 2011 CGM 1SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo9043 View Post
Ya'll are lucky! we got our toys for tots thing going on tomorrow. Todays weather snow and 28. Tomorrow morning 13 degree's!

Im moving to CALI!
That weather sounds awful. Come join us in Cali
SS_Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #53
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Good for You Guys!!

Sweet pix. Sounds like a good time. Toys for Tots is worthwhile and the kids simply love it..Wish I could have been there. I love the cars in the video and yours especially. Nice blue ride.....
Old 12-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #54
Bromaro

Drives: 45th Anniversary Camaro 2SS
Great lookin' Camaros and helping out needy children...doesn't get any better than that!
Bromaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #55
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black On Black On Black View Post
lol jk but not really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Los View Post
We made it to the big leagues!
We are just getting started boys, lets put Nor-Cal on the map for 2012 and have some really fun, large meets. Josh and I are planning some fun events for next year and look forward to seeing you at all of them. I received your messages about helping out and Josh and I will be in touch after the 19th for final planning of the Hangover Cruise.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #56
Neriah

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Very nice pictures!
Full BMR bushings and suspension.
Neriah is offline   Reply With Quote