Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-01-2009, 04:24 PM   #1
jelly2m8

Drives: GM 2 seaters
Canadian pricing Question- 2LT

Hey gang, new member here but I've been lurking for a few weeks. Great site!

An out of the blue stop at the local GM dealer last evening got the wife interested in a new Camaro ( She's owned a couple Camaro's years ago).

So long story short ( I'm pressed for time atm) the dealer has a 2LT manual with a sunroof and 19" polish wheels comming in, in which we have scheduled a test drive and review of the car when it arrives.

We were quoted 31,xxx with a total of 34,xxx with vehicle destination charges and PDI, etc. This is canadian dollars.

This price sound right for MSRP? I asked to see the build sheet and all the sales woman was able to provide is what looked to be a simple printout from the GM website so I'm not sure what all options are added, I do know she mentioned sunroof and the polished 19's.

We were asked if we wanted to put a deposit on the car, my wife wanted to but I really didn't want to commit to the car without seeing it first and not sure we would be happy with the V6 keeping in mind we have been planning to replace the C4 with a 2-3 year old C6 next year or so.

Any thoughts on the price would greatly be appreciated, we like anyone else would love to support the local economy, but also we have no issue going elsewhere to get a fair price.

Thanks
jelly2m8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
$31,420 CDN. Thats what i get when i "build my own" on the chevrolet.ca website. 1LT, manual tranny, sunroof, and 19 polished wheels. NO RS, NO C&C package

the price of 31 and change for a 2LT seems quite low......i get the same price for a 1LT on the website

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
my 2LT/RS with IO interior came up to 35 and change.
That prices seems to be right considering the sunroof.
Question, how sure is your dealer that they are getting a manual car?
Theyve only built three and none have been released, they will begin building v6 M6 around the 19th of this month.
If your dealer gets a manual v6, well then that would be some good news
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:54 AM   #4
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Build it on the GM Canada site.

You will understand it much better if you price your own.

If it is less than MSRP incuding frt...... snap it up.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:25 AM   #5
jelly2m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
my 2LT/RS with IO interior came up to 35 and change.
That prices seems to be right considering the sunroof.
Question, how sure is your dealer that they are getting a manual car?
Theyve only built three and none have been released, they will begin building v6 M6 around the 19th of this month.
If your dealer gets a manual v6, well then that would be some good news
To be honest I didn't actually look at that on the car's info sheet if it was indeed a manual transmission, I was more interested in seeing if there was a vin or production date , anything interesting like that.

Between listening to the salesperson's lack of knowledge about the Camaro ( she didn't even think any have been shipped yet ) and being taken aback by my wife's sudden interest and persistance on the car, I didn't look at the sheet too much after I didn't see what I was looking for.

Funny thing was up untill the point of saying ' Let's drive past the GM dealer and see if they have a Camaro yet ', my wife and I hadn't even mentioned the word Camaro to one another in years, and not 5 minutes later she's ready to lay a deposit on one LMAO, she was VERY adamant with the salesperson that she wants to drive it

I did check the Chevrolet.ca website as mentioned above and the numbers seem to be about what we were quoted, so MSRP is good with me.

When the car does come in and we get to play with it I will let you guys know if it is infact a manual because I'm pretty sure this dealer has no real idea what they are getting. Oh, i'll get pictures too.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #6
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Just don't pay MSRP for a "auto" if it is a stick. Your leaving money on the table.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:47 AM   #7
CaMario

Drives: Mazda 3
Hi and welcome. . . . .I'm from Toronto and have had several dealers price out a 2LT and it came in around $35K so it is inline with the pricing you got.
CaMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #8
Sharpe62

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Black/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly2m8 View Post
Hey gang, new member here but I've been lurking for a few weeks. Great site!

An out of the blue stop at the local GM dealer last evening got the wife interested in a new Camaro ( She's owned a couple Camaro's years ago).

So long story short ( I'm pressed for time atm) the dealer has a 2LT manual with a sunroof and 19" polish wheels comming in, in which we have scheduled a test drive and review of the car when it arrives.

We were quoted 31,xxx with a total of 34,xxx with vehicle destination charges and PDI, etc. This is canadian dollars.

This price sound right for MSRP? I asked to see the build sheet and all the sales woman was able to provide is what looked to be a simple printout from the GM website so I'm not sure what all options are added, I do know she mentioned sunroof and the polished 19's.

We were asked if we wanted to put a deposit on the car, my wife wanted to but I really didn't want to commit to the car without seeing it first and not sure we would be happy with the V6 keeping in mind we have been planning to replace the C4 with a 2-3 year old C6 next year or so.

Any thoughts on the price would greatly be appreciated, we like anyone else would love to support the local economy, but also we have no issue going elsewhere to get a fair price.

Thanks

My 2LT came to 35k on the road, with the discounts I got I am getting it for 33K on the road. CAN$
Sharpe62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

APPLES TO APPLES PLEASE!

Did it have a sunroof and polished? RS? Auto?

On the "road" with GST and Provincial taxes?
tire fees, battery fee and dealer documentation fee?
Old 06-27-2009, 01:50 AM   #10
jelly2m8

Update: Car finially arrived today but fell victim to more shady dealer practises.

Seems the owner of the dealership is taking the car to one of his dealerships in the city an hour away.

Honestly the car did look nice, but I didn't get that "wow factor" probably due to what has transpired after reading about so many other similiar cases.

for what it's worth, the car was a Black 2LT with a manual, polished 19's and a sunroof. Vin number 16705