Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #15
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Guys -

the Jetstream Blue Berger Camaro was at the Gathering last year.

Now - I LOVE Jetstream Blue - and if I were ordering a Corvette - that's the color I'd be ordering.

That said:

We put it near an ABM Camaro -- with one Camaro between them..........

.......and guess whot!

You could hardly tell them apart..................

Ask those who were there.

In fact - most didn't realize it was a different color...........
I would agree with that if you were out in the sunlight. However, I bet it they would look alot different in an overcast or low light situation.

In the sun I loved the color....when the clouds rolled through....it was too teal for my liking.

That's why ABM is one of those colors you have to see in person. I just knew it was going to be the color for me based on all the pics and videos I had seen. That was until I went to look at it in person. It just happened to be a partly cloudy day and I got to see it in both sunlight and overcast. As soon as I saw the teal it dropped off my want list.

I had even known about how the color was to be discontinued and that it would eventually be a rare color. Didn't matter...I couldn't get past the teal color.

Thats just my opinion.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #16
bluetooth-ss

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS A6 and 2018 2500
Can't tell the diff between my ABM and the JSB on the Vette.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:42 PM   #17
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetooth-ss View Post
Can't tell the diff between my ABM and the JSB on the Vette.
ABM has a bit of teal in it. Jetstream blue is more like an electric blue; no teal.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #18
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I would agree with that if you were out in the sunlight. However, I bet it they would look alot different in an overcast or low light situation.

In the sun I loved the color....when the clouds rolled through....it was too teal for my liking.

That's why ABM is one of those colors you have to see in person. I just knew it was going to be the color for me based on all the pics and videos I had seen. That was until I went to look at it in person. It just happened to be a partly cloudy day and I got to see it in both sunlight and overcast. As soon as I saw the teal it dropped off my want list.

I had even known about how the color was to be discontinued and that it would eventually be a rare color. Didn't matter...I couldn't get past the teal color.

Thats just my opinion.
This is exactly my conclusion. When I went to the dealer to start the process of getting my car, I pointed to the ABM they had and said, I want to drive that one. It was afternoon timeframe, and as I came back, talked with the salesguy, went and drove a SW stick car, the evening came on and I started noticing the teal coming out in the ABM. I just couldn't get over it. I know everyone sees color different, but the reason ABM failed in my opinion was the green aspect. Really, the Camaro deserves a lighter blue in addition to IBM in the family. Just leave the green out please.

Last edited by 68vert; 12-08-2010 at 07:03 PM.
68vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #19
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
Hopefully this scan will come out ok. The words Rock Stars on the cover should be pure white on your screen. Get a subscription!
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #20
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Guys -

Now - I LOVE Jetstream Blue - and if I were ordering a Corvette - that's the color I'd be ordering.

That said:

.......and guess whot!

to the untrained eye or if you're not really paying much attention, i could see that. personally, i love both colors, but i can definitely tell the difference.

as a side note, when i'm in the position to, i'm painting my C5 vette Cyber Gray over Jetstream just because those're the two bestest corvette colors out there right now (that's what the sig's about... even if it's just a chop)
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #21
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I agree that a lot of people don't like it when the teal comes out in the ABM. Luckily for me, I don't mind it, but the color in the daytime, and especially the sunlight sold me on mine. Man its gorgeous. Took her in to work today and I ended up having to go outside a time or two and I just couldn't help but notice how great it looked...such a sweet blue...not far off from that jetstream blue above.

Now in my garage (with bad lighting) the car looks completely different.

But if I could pick any blue for my Camaro, it would have been the Stryker blue from the Pontiac G8.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #22
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
that stryker blue looks beautiful. if i order the vette it will be jsb
Old 12-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #23
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
I love all the blue colours, but am preferential towards JSB!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:38 AM   #24
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
Quote:
Guys -

That said:

.......and guess whot!

Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the gathering, too busy playing with BIG green tractors at that time of year. So I'm just guessing here, but was it sunny out? In the sun my ABM looks VERY similar to the vette in those pics posted above, most people(me included) probably couldn't tell the difference, but what about "low light" situations? I bet they look quite a bit different....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vert View Post
Hopefully this scan will come out ok. The words Rock Stars on the cover should be pure white on your screen. Get a subscription!

Thats what I wanted to see..... Considering that pic is in low light, there is a definite difference in the two, in that light the ABM would look almost teal, or even indigo, where this car still looks light blue. Here's a pic of mine taken at almost the exact same angle, probably around 1-2 in the afternoon under cloudy skies, notice how much darker the car looks...

I've got to say, I think I'll keep my ABM....I just LOVE how dynamic the paint is, from almost sky blue in bright sunlight to teal under garage lights, and even a deep blue when the evening sun hits it just right, I wouldn't trade it for anything!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #25
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Thanks for scanning the magazine cover. The Camaro looks great in Jetstream Blue. I hope GM sees how good the color is on the car and brings back a lighter blue color.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #26
pk1225

Drives: '68 SS396, '02 SLP SS, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Guys -

That said:

.......and guess whot!

Clearly that was in the sun. Put both cars together in the shade and they will be two completely different colors.

Its both a plus and a minus for the ABM. I'm not a huge fan of the color in the shade, but the way it keeps changing is really cool.
pk1225 is offline   Reply With Quote